Wearing down analog sticks

Does anyone else have this problem, or is there something wrong with my thumbs?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide View Post
    Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
    Tied for Funniest Member of 2013

Can you call me Nyteblade YesConsiderably's Avatar
    I can't say that i do. Is that an official controller?

I've only used official xbox controllers, and the worst state i've found an analog stick in is that the little dots indicating up, down, left and right have slighlty eroded.

The Nintendo 64 was realy bad for the analog sticks wearing out. They would go really loose after just a few months. Ijm glad controllers are now made of sterner stuff.

Yep, I have that problem all the time. I only use official xbox controllers and have worn down the analog sticks on two seperate controllers so far. I tend to press forward on the analog sticks quite hard so they inevitable start to wear down after a while. Best solution is just to buy some snap on replacement thumb pads. They fit onto the controller no problem and it's alot cheaper than buying a new controller. I bought mine from shopto if you're interested in getting some but you might be able to find some elsewhere for a better price.

http://www.shopto.net/xbox360/XB2AC6...grips-xbox-360

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Hunter View Post
    Yep, I have that problem all the time. I only use official xbox controllers and have worn down the analog sticks on two seperate controllers so far. I tend to press forward on the analog sticks quite hard so they inevitable start to wear down after a while. Best solution is just to buy some snap on replacement thumb pads. They fit onto the controller no problem and it's alot cheaper than buying a new controller. I bought mine from shopto if you're interested in getting some but you might be able to find some elsewhere for a better price.

http://www.shopto.net/xbox360/XB2AC6...grips-xbox-360
    I'm definitely ordering these, thanks for the tip I just signed up for ShopTo, and I like how one of the security questions is "What was the name of your first World of Warcraft character"

And yes, it is an offical controller, but the analogue sticks aren't. I swapped out all of my buttons with yellow ones.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide View Post
    Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
    Tied for Funniest Member of 2013

Yeah happened to to one of my official controllers (the dots/grip) getting worn down, Didn't really bother me for most games, for sometimes for games that need quick reactions like Shooters or Fifa, I could mess up because of it. So switched to a new pad I had stashed away somewhere, Its funny how different a new pad feels.

They're like women, they do the same thing, they just all feel a bit different. (Sorry, that was a joke my driver instructor told me about cars once)

For some reason my controllers always end up with the ghost drift thing.
    Is there any way to correct it? For example, when the cursor always drifts to the left slowly.

Happens a lot, usually left analog stick as it's the one you use the most.

I find playing a lot of driving games and FIFA causes it as you hammer them pretty hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't had any problems, the little grey dots on the thumbsticks wear down a bit but nothing major and no ghost drift, maybe I'm not playing hard enough?