Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    GF Member Remilia Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Liberty, IL
    Posts
    136

    Gamesforum Suggestions

    I've noticed on a large portion of forums I've visited, they seem to have a sort of blog section. My proposition (should anyone be interested in it) is to include a blog section for gamers looking to share a little about what they've been up to in the gaming world. Personally, I see it as a great way for the members to become involved more with each other. I've also noticed that whenever a new member posts up a blog on other forums, the older members see it as a good opportunity to greet and interact with said new member. It's a mere proposition, if this has already been brought up before, I apologize in advance, but I just thought it'd be nice to see something like a blog section added in.

    ~Eternally Young Scarlet Moon~

  2. #2
    Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,660
    Hmmm, interesting idea, my only issue, (as is the case for a vast majority of ideas that people bring up), are that I just don't see how many people would use them.

    We did have a while ago a lot more subsections here and there, but we decided that we just had too many sections that were unused, and so made the place more clustered. So if the demand was there for a blog section, or anything else, then I think it could be a possibility, but at the moment, doubtful, especially as most people post what they are playing, other thoughts etc, in threads that already exist.

  3. #3
    GF Member Remilia Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Liberty, IL
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyse the Reindeer View Post
    Hmmm, interesting idea, my only issue, (as is the case for a vast majority of ideas that people bring up), are that I just don't see how many people would use them.

    We did have a while ago a lot more subsections here and there, but we decided that we just had too many sections that were unused, and so made the place more clustered. So if the demand was there for a blog section, or anything else, then I think it could be a possibility, but at the moment, doubtful, especially as most people post what they are playing, other thoughts etc, in threads that already exist.
    Understandable. But wouldn't it sort of reduce the clutter a little if they'd post those kinds of things in blogs? Just to help keep from overpopulation of threads. Perhaps it could be seen one day, but that's totally up to the people that run this place. I just thought I'd put my thoughts out there, it seems like a good idea to me at least.

    ~Eternally Young Scarlet Moon~

  4. #4
    Shadow Hide You Vault Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Rakk Cave
    Posts
    4,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia Scarlet View Post
    My proposition (should anyone be interested in it) is to include a blog section for gamers looking to share a little about what they've been up to in the gaming world
    Isn't that kind of what the "What games are you currently playing", "What games have you just completed" and "What games have you recently bought" threads are all about though? A place for people to let others on the forum know where there gaming exploits are currently leading to?

    It's an interesting idea i'll give you that, I'm just not sure how much demand there would be for it.

  5. #5
    GF Member Remilia Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Liberty, IL
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Hunter View Post
    Isn't that kind of what the "What games are you currently playing", "What games have you just completed" and "What games have you recently bought" threads are all about though? A place for people to let others on the forum know where there gaming exploits are currently leading to?

    It's an interesting idea i'll give you that, I'm just not sure how much demand there would be for it.
    Those threads you listed are still great, I just think it could help organize things even more and get even more in depth with the members without the need to start another thread or constantly post in one that's already existant.

    ~Eternally Young Scarlet Moon~

  6. #6
    Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,660
    True, if people used that space to talk about the things they do in those threads, then it would presumably safe up space, and make things a little tidier. But I get the feeling that if you had a choice of posting in "what game are you playing" or posting a little blog about the same topic, people will pick the former option. Just think that the thought of posting anything blog related might put some people off.

    Could be completely wrong though, but in the end it would have to be CW who decides if this warrants implimenting, so sure he will give you his thoughts when he sees this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •