CoD Black Ops 2 Revolution DLC Pack - Xbox 360 - PS3 -

Revolution, the first DLC pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops II was released on the 29th of January (Shortly to be released on PS3,PC). The new DLC brings four new multiplayer maps, one new Zombie map a new game mode & a new gun for multiplayer.
    Four multiplayer maps called “Hydro” “Mirage” “Grind” & “Downhill” Starting with Hydro. Hydro set in a Hydroelectric power plant somewhere in Pakistan & is probably the smallest of the four maps. It contains two levels the top level which is mainly all out side with many places to take cover & flank around, the lower level consists of a water channel with can flood (Think it is the first time a Call Of Duty Game has included something like that other than the nuke going off in Nuketown & Nuketown 2025) Next is Mirage, A Luxury resort set in the Gobi Desert in China which has been ravaged by a catastrophic sandstorm. Now the map is pretty decent but it would have been more interesting if Treyarch had decided to make the sand play more of a part in the map, I mean the map is full of sand but instead of just a bit of sand blowing past you it would have been nice if Treyarch done something like Gears of War 3 did with the map “Trenches” in which the sand effects your line of sight quite a bit. Again the map consists of a few good sniping spots & quite a few areas that make for a good firefight. As for the Third map Downhill, this is probably the most enjoyable map of the map pack, set in a Ski Resort in the French Alps. The Map consists of many snowy routes that the player can take, but the main feature most people probably notice is the Cable Car. Now you can’t get in & travel of the cable car (Which would have been fun) but if you don’t be careful & watch where you are going when you enter the cable car station you can easily get crushed by it, it is probably classed a medium sized map with once again many places to take cover, now I’m not normally a fan of snowy maps (Like Array in the first Black Ops) but this one is quite good & enjoyable & probably one of my favorite maps in the whole Call Of Duty Series. The last map of the DLC is Grind, probably the second best one of the DLC simply because it is fresh & doesn’t resemble or make you think of any other map that has been put into the other Call Of Duties, I mean having a gun fight in a Skate Park, Being able to climb up the ramps, enter the pipes, Locker rooms, Skate shot ect.. It has a great atmosphere, the only one downside to the map is it’s openness, I mean when someone gets any sort of Air support it is highly effective.

For the first time ever Call Of Duty introduced a new weapon “The Peacekeeper” described as a mix between an assault rifle & a SMG, which it basically is, it has the accuracy of an assault rifle & the first rate of a SMG. It isn’t over powered though which is a good thing any of SMG can match the Peacekeeper & most can probably beat it in close range, however the Peacekeeper is highly effective at a long range against any other SMG & maybe even a few assault rifles. So those who don’t by the DLC aren’t at a disadvantage, the only thing they miss out on is a new weapon & a few new titles & challenges.

Now onto the new zombie map “Die Rise” Which is practically a maze though for the first time in a Zombie map it has the whole “Vertigo” feeling, being able to make your way up & down floors of collapsed Skyscrapers. Another nice feature of it is how in one part of the map the building is upside down & where you find the magic box first the magic box is upside down, which is weird but a nice feature. Another new feature is being able to dive from one building too another & having the chance of being able to fall between them if you don’t run & jump. The new map also features a new enemy type like dogs which come every certain amount of waves & gives you max ammo at the end. It includes new weapons (One new weapon you haven’t seen in Zombies before) & weapons that have featured in the Multiplayer & campaign but not in the previous zombie map. A cool but annoying feature is also how the perks & pack a punch reside in lifts that go up & down meaning you only have a certain amount of time to be able to get the perk before the lift goes up, which isn’t really the annoying thing. The annoying one is Pack A Punch, considering it takes time to put it in & get it out there is a chance that the lift will go back up before the gun is ready to be taken out which causes you to lose your gun (happened to me the first time I played). The map introduces one completely new perk “Who’s who” which enables you to revive yourself once you’ve been downed by spawning another you to revive your other self, though zombies can still attack the other you so you still have to be careful. Mule kick has made a return, the perk which enables you to have three primaries. As for the new Easter Egg song I think it is much better than the avenge sevenfold song which appeared in Tranzit, though it is always a shame that Elena Seigman isn’t continuing the zombie songs. It is also rather challenging, instead of just being able to run in circles (Also known as rape training) it isn’t exactly easy to do so within Die Rise considering there is lack of space because of the fact you’re in a skyscraper it is just mainly corridors & small rooms that you can get into, though there are still a few places to train.

As for the new Zombie mode “Turned” as fun as the whole “Being a Zombie” seems it isn’t all that fun, or for me it wasn’t. The mode is only able to be played on the Diner map of Tranzit which for those who have played it know that it is pretty small and cramped that & the fact that you can see the outlines of the Human player makes it so the player who is the human doesn’t really have a chance at hiding. It plays pretty much like gun game. You can’t play with friends probably to stop people boosting the achievements, meaning you play with three other randomers. Once the one who is going to be the human is picked he starts off with a pistol, the three other players (Zombies) have to attack him, the first one who attacks & kills the human player becomes the human. Everytime the human player kills a zombie they get a gun upgrade (Like gun game in which where you get a kill you change weapon). The fact that Diner is so small gives the human player not much of a chance to stand against the three others considering yes he may be able to kill one or two but if all three go for him at the same time they’ll easily be able to take him down, meaning the game is pretty fast, now some people might like that, but it’d be great if Treyarch introduced a bigger map which would slow down the pace so people good actually get more kills & get to a higher gun, obviously keep the Diner map for those who might enjoy the fast pace of the game. At the end of the game the one with the most points wins.

+ The Peacekeeper isn’t over powered, but still fun to play with.
    + Zombie map is an improvement, new things to mess around with.
    + How the Hydro map can flood, hopefully do something like that with other maps
    - Turned can get boring fast
    - Zombie song could be better (Even though it was better than TranZits one).
    - Sand in Mirage could have been made to have more of an effect on the vision of the player

So as a whole the Map pack is worth the 1200 MSP Price tag, or £10/$10 Price tag for PS3 when it comes out. The Online maps are enjoyable & are different from the others making it fun to play; the new zombie map is well made. Turned could of turned out better but for what it is it is still fun to play here & there & the Peacekeeper is a good gun & Treyarch have done well to make sure those who haven’t bought the DLC aren’t at a disadvantage to those who have & use the Peacekeeper often.

So all in all I’d give the new DLC an 8/10

Review by: Deus Ex Machina

Oops, wasn't quite finished with the title. Meant to include PC as well.

The Gotei 13's Psychopath Hyunshi's Avatar
    In advance I can see some of the spelling mistakes I've made >3>; Read it about three times before sending it but obviously I need to keep proof reading to make 100% sure. haha.
    Thanks for posting this one aswell Raw!

You must do some proof reading

COD has amazing graphics. But not better than RE7. What do u say?

I love this game so much. I love to play it whenever I can.