View Poll Results: What is the best Retro console ever?

Voters
336. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sega Megadrive

    53 15.77%
  • Sega Mastersystem

    7 2.08%
  • Sega Saturn

    9 2.68%
  • Sega Dreamcast

    16 4.76%
  • SNES

    91 27.08%
  • NES

    38 11.31%
  • N64

    84 25.00%
  • Atari 2600

    7 2.08%
  • Atari 2800

    3 0.89%
  • Other..

    28 8.33%
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 519
  1. #11
    admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fl, USA
    Posts
    4,904
    I would say the original gameboy, not because it had the best games or was even that great, purely due to the number of hours it entertained me for.

  2. #12
    ilovenesmegaman
    Guest
    i wouldnt class saturn, dreamcast or the n64 as a retro console: its too recent for me. Im not saying its crap or anything it just feels like it is too recent for me.
    NES is the king!!!!!!(-:

  3. #13

    Definitely SMD...

    MegaDrive all the way. Nothing beats the gameplay and level design of Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
    Visit my forum here.

  4. #14
    MVP Assassin DanK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDuck View Post
    MegaDrive all the way. Nothing beats the gameplay and level design of Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
    Here here

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDuck View Post
    MegaDrive all the way. Nothing beats the gameplay and level design of Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
    Mario World, Mario All Stars, Yoshi's Island ALL beat the gameplay and level design. Easily. Nobody really talks about Sonic these days, its all been about Mario and always has.

  6. #16
    MVP Assassin DanK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Nintengod View Post
    Mario World, Mario All Stars, Yoshi's Island ALL beat the gameplay and level design. Easily. Nobody really talks about Sonic these days, its all been about Mario and always has.
    So we can't have an opinion? we should be sheep and follow the crowd? I have always preferred the game play and level designs of Sonic games. Mario just waddles along at 1mph over stages which have minimal design.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post
    So we can't have an opinion? we should be sheep and follow the crowd? I have always preferred the game play and level designs of Sonic games. Mario just waddles along at 1mph over stages which have minimal design.
    I'm glad Sonics fast....means the levels are over quickly, and you can't see how dull and repetitive the level design is....you just jump and zoom through it without skill or though.

    Mario on the other hand is at a pace where you have to think about your next step, and use skill. Thought has been put into the design of Mario games.....where as Sonic felt "rushed", no pun intended. Sonic was put out as the Megadrive answer to Mario....and its simply not as good.

    The fact all Sonic fans can say is "mario is a fat plumber and so slow" is pretty much the level of intellect I expect from people who prefer a clearly worse game.

  8. #18
    ilovenesmegaman
    Guest
    Mario isnt really that slow. Only compared to sonic the games seem slow. Compare mario to say castlevainia mario seems really fast. Anyway does it really make a game good just because the caracter can run really fast???
    Sonic just speeds through the levels, mario carefully goes through them. Both games are good but i think mario has the edge here. (-:

    Too many people get hung up on worrying about the caracters and dont actually think about the actual game- Mario is fat but who cares, Sonic is speedy but who cares. I know i dont.
    There both amazing games not amazing characters.(-:

  9. #19
    MVP Assassin DanK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,033
    As part of my Sonic argument how can you say Mario's level designs are better? they're just as dull if not worse. I admit Sonic's games are more about speed obviously and Mario's involve more thinking.

    In Mario's defence he has lost a bit of weight it would appear from his last games lol and Sonic's games are absolute toss now.

    It's really personal taste though. Sonic will always be number 1 for me when it comes to 16 Bit games.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post
    As part of my Sonic argument how can you say Mario's level designs are better? they're just as dull if not worse. I admit Sonic's games are more about speed obviously and Mario's involve more thinking.

    In Mario's defence he has lost a bit of weight it would appear from his last games lol and Sonic's games are absolute toss now.

    It's really personal taste though. Sonic will always be number 1 for me when it comes to 16 Bit games.
    Again, who cares about Mario's weight??? The GAME is far better than Sonic series.

    Mario World crushes any Sonic game for pure level design, variety, innovation and skill. This is why Mario World is rated as one of the finest videogames of all time, and Sonic isn't quite in the same league.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •