View Poll Results: What is the best Retro console ever?

Voters
336. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sega Megadrive

53 15.77%
  • Sega Mastersystem

7 2.08%
  • Sega Saturn

9 2.68%
  • Sega Dreamcast

16 4.76%
  • SNES

91 27.08%
  • NES

38 11.31%
  • N64

84 25.00%
  • Atari 2600

7 2.08%
  • Atari 2800

3 0.89%
  • Other..

28 8.33%
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    My vote goes to the snes, simply because I truly believe that the games featured on the snes still stand up today a incredibly playable which can't be said for some other consoles. This is all generalizing by the way I mean don't get me wrong, there are games I love on all consoles but I grow up in a time where it was mega drive/genisis kids vs snes kids and I've gotta stick with the snes on this one. A much bigger selection of class games than other consoles

I voted for the NES because it was the first system I got and I still play every once in awhile. Double Dragon II, Rygar & Co. just never get old.

I would say either NES, Atari (why wasn't this on the list) or Acti-Vision! THE CLASSICS!

S

Still my vote goes for my Mega-Drive (Genesis)

May not be not as great in the SNES in most eyes, but there's so many games I loved on it.

Sonic, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic and Knuckles, Strider, Golden Axe, Golden Axe II, Golden Axe III, Streets of Rage, Streets of Rage II, Streets of Rage III, Columns, Super Monaco GP, Moonwalker, Mortal Kombat II, Mortal Kombat III, Ultimate Mortal Kombat III, Street Fighter II Championship, FIFA 92, FIFA 93, John Madden '93 Championship, John Madden 92, PGA Tour II, and lots more.

CD: Sonic CD, Shining Force CD, Sol-Feace, Final Fight CD, Snatcher, Ecco Dolphin 2

32X: Mortal Kombat II, Doom, Knuckles' Chaotix, Star Wars, Primal Rage, Corpse Killer

Awesome sig by Oxidious

SNES and here are my reasons

Super Mario World 1 + 2
    Super Mario Kart
    Super Probotector
    Street Fighter 2
    F-Zero
    The quite AWESOME joypad, never bettered.
    Cardboard boxes
    Your sig does not comply with the rules. /Fink000

Quote Originally Posted by freezeflamer View Post
    Still my vote goes for my Mega-Drive (Genesis)

May not be not as great in the SNES in most eyes, but there's so many games I loved on it.

Sonic, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic and Knuckles, Strider, Golden Axe, Golden Axe II, Golden Axe III, Streets of Rage, Streets of Rage II, Streets of Rage III, Columns, Super Monaco GP, Moonwalker, Mortal Kombat II, Mortal Kombat III, Ultimate Mortal Kombat III, Street Fighter II Championship, FIFA 92, FIFA 93, John Madden '93 Championship, John Madden 92, PGA Tour II, and lots more.

CD: Sonic CD, Shining Force CD, Sol-Feace, Final Fight CD, Snatcher, Ecco Dolphin 2

32X: Mortal Kombat II, Doom, Knuckles' Chaotix, Star Wars, Primal Rage, Corpse Killer
    Doom on the 32x was awful, had terrible sound, smaller levels, cut levels. The SNES version was far superior, despite not requiring that ugly expensive bulky 32X hardware!

The SNES also had superior versions of Mortal Kombat 2, 3, UMK 3 and Street Fighter 2

Some good MD exclusives on the list though.

Where is the ps2?xbox?
    "I am Norbert Lelles"-Norbert Lelles

ps2 and xbox aren't retro consoles. they're only the last gen of consoles. and PS2 is still quite successful and being played all over the world even though it's last gen.

Nemo
    anyone played block or plock....you were some red and yellow dude or something...i still remember it liek it was yesterday but grr the title just went

Wouldn't say I have fusion.

I voted the N64, because it's the most fun I've ever had playing VG ever..

It was a toss up between the N64 and the SNES, but had to go with N64, mainly because the amazing games, such as Goldeneye and Ocarina of Time, both being timeless, no pun intended.
    ~~Made by Doomed~~