View Poll Results: What is the best Retro console ever?

Voters
336. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sega Megadrive

53 15.77%
  • Sega Mastersystem

7 2.08%
  • Sega Saturn

9 2.68%
  • Sega Dreamcast

16 4.76%
  • SNES

91 27.08%
  • NES

38 11.31%
  • N64

84 25.00%
  • Atari 2600

7 2.08%
  • Atari 2800

3 0.89%
  • Other..

28 8.33%
Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Best "Retro" Console?

We have a poll for nearly everything else, so I figured we may as well have one for this too.. the best "older generation" console.. What is it?

For me it's the 64, as it'sthe console what got me into games and I loved near enough every game for it. And it had my all-time favouite game, Zelda.

pep in my step. ;D

Sega Megadrive all the way for me, Sonic was still at his best.

N64 doesn't class as retro for me, neither does Dreamcast.

Dreamcast was GOD!! Its was the first console to implement online gaming which was awesome, oooo I remember all those days I wasted on PSO..................

The SNES simply had the quality and quantity of games. It also was the pinnacle 2D games console, and pioneered 3D console gaming to the mainstream with the likes of Starfox and Stunt Race FX.

The SNES also brought home the nigh on-arcade perfect version of Street Fighter 2!

The N64 was a great console, but it really lacked the quantity of great titles. It essentially had Mario 64, Goldeneye, Ocarina of Time, and Perfect Dark and perhaps a handful of others like 1080 Snowboarding, Starfox 64 and Banjo Kazooie. It relied too much on Nintendo games.....nobody else, other than Rare, bothered.

GF Active Member
    The PC Engine is the best console ever released. It was an 8bit system that in most part put the Snes and Megadrive to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.G View Post
    The PC Engine is the best console ever released. It was an 8bit system that in most part put the Snes and Megadrive to shame.
    It was perhaps as powerful as the SNES in some area's, but overall the SNES had the more beautiful games, and ultimately the better games. The PC Engine was more of a cult gaming thing....it was never actually as good as the SNES or Megadrive in the grand scheme of things. Also, it was essentially an 8 bit console, where as the SNES and MD were 16-bit.

GF Active Member
    Its was an 8bit console, but it also showed just what could be acheived if programmers put a little time a effort in. As a system it was constantly hitting above its station unlike the SNES and the MD. And how was it a cult system, it probbaly had more games for it than the SNES.

Its was an 8bit console, but it also showed just what could be acheived if programmers put a little time a effort in. As a system it was constantly hitting above its station unlike the SNES and the MD. And how was it a cult system, it probbaly had more games for it than the SNES.
    It was a cult system, especially outside of Japan. I don't know anyone who owned one.

But lets get real, the SNES and Megadrive were the mainstream consoles of that era. They had the best games. To say it was the BEST is ridiculous, sure its your opinion, but its a ridiculous one.

GF Active Member
    As the console was released in both the US and Europe it was not a cult console. I did not know enybody that owned a C64 back in the day so that musy of been a cult computer. It also had just about every Sega arcade game converted to it at the time bust like the MD.

As the console was released in both the US and Europe it was not a cult console. I did not know enybody that owned a C64 back in the day so that musy of been a cult computer. It also had just about every Sega arcade game converted to it at the time bust like the MD.
    It was a cult console in that it sold a fraction of what the MD, SNES, Amiga, NES and C64 did.