Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Hard, pipe-hitting nigga Lootosh's Avatar

The rep and report buttons

Might have been said before but its pretty unclear what them two little signs mean and I've now idea how any new members could work out what they do.
    I've no problem with the system I was just thinking it would be much simpler if they said what they did and were maybe a little more noticeable
    I wish I loved the human race
    I wish I loved its silly face,
    I wish I liked the way it walks; I wish I liked the way it talks,
    And when I'm introduced one, I wish I thought 'What jolly fun!'

They do say what they do. If you hold your cursor over them for less than a second you get a pop up saying either 'Add to this Users Reputation' or 'Report Post'.

Hard, pipe-hitting nigga Lootosh's Avatar
    Oh, I'm on my phone so I cant see that.
    I just remember when I first joined it took me quite a while to work what they did. They're not exactly easy to notice either
    I wish I loved the human race
    I wish I loved its silly face,
    I wish I liked the way it walks; I wish I liked the way it talks,
    And when I'm introduced one, I wish I thought 'What jolly fun!'

Casual Long-Time Poster
    Holy crap!

More than 6 years of being registered on this forum and only now do I realise that there is a rep button!

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    Haha, well they are fairly hard to see, more so if you don't look in that area, (which I'm sure applies to a lot of people). Think you might be likely to know about them, if people were around at the time they were implemented, and/or mentioned across the years.

But yep, they could perhaps do with standing out a little more, but that would likely require some sort of forum update at the very least. We did used to have a much recognisable rep system of sorts, but that caused more problems than it was worth.

Casual Long-Time Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyse the Legend View Post
    Haha, well they are fairly hard to see, more so if you don't look in that area, (which I'm sure applies to a lot of people). Think you might be likely to know about them, if people were around at the time they were implemented, and/or mentioned across the years.

But yep, they could perhaps do with standing out a little more, but that would likely require some sort of forum update at the very least. We did used to have a much recognisable rep system of sorts, but that caused more problems than it was worth.
    I think you deserve some rep...

Quote Originally Posted by kkid View Post
    I think you deserve some rep...
    Are you going to go on a rep fest now that you've discovered a new feature haha

The Gotei 13's Psychopath Hyunshi's Avatar
    Does neg rep stop you doing anything? cause I asked Admin if he could mod my rep to full negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    Does neg rep stop you doing anything? cause I asked Admin if he could mod my rep to full negative.
    As far as I know it doesn’t’ do anything. There’s a few people on here with disabled rep and it’s doesn’t seen to effect their privileges on the forum, don’t see why neg rep would be any different.

Once you hit the required amount to become a senior member rep kind of stops serving a purpose anyway

The Gotei 13's Psychopath Hyunshi's Avatar
    Rightio, just wanted to check so if Admin does it doesn't stop me from doing anything