Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21
    Senior Member wildeggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The midget running to power up the world
    Posts
    1,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Éclair View Post
    Without trying to sound cruel, I wouldn't advise recording tutorials. Take a look at The Boss' tutorials, or any highly-rated tutorials on Youtube, DeviantArt etc. Then compare the final products from those to your own work. There's a vast difference in quality because you don't really progress with critiques. Your artwork now doesn't look all that much different to when you first started. Before you start teaching others, you really need to have a deep understanding of the skills you want to teach.
    Ture but i am a animie sig designer and i lost all my renders just trying to get them all back

    I desgin (GFX)

  2. #22
    Kiddong The Moxking Midnight Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Limbo.
    Posts
    4,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Éclair View Post
    Without trying to sound cruel, I wouldn't advise recording tutorials. Take a look at The Boss' tutorials, or any highly-rated tutorials on Youtube, DeviantArt etc. Then compare the final products from those to your own work. There's a vast difference in quality because you don't really progress with critiques. Your artwork now doesn't look all that much different to when you first started. Before you start teaching others, you really need to have a deep understanding of the skills you want to teach.
    finally, someone said it.


    Quote Originally Posted by wildeggy View Post
    Ture but i am a animie sig designer and i lost all my renders just trying to get them all back
    Eggy, I don't see what that has to do with the fact that you're not taking critisism into account when you're making your sigs. You need to start learning from the mistakes you make, we're trying to help you be a better artist.

  3. #23
    Senior Member wildeggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The midget running to power up the world
    Posts
    1,870
    i understand i do some bad but i done many good ones also and the matter of changing Ps and the computer am using does not help

    I desgin (GFX)

  4. #24
    The Gotei 13's Psychopath Hyunshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,276
    I'm not trying to sound mean here but when you look at the likes of Boss or Jolt who do amazing sigs, compared to theirs your sigs are average at best, like the others said you HAVE to take the criticism into account and you can't blame not having good renders as the fault, cause them renders are fine, it's the design you do which is average and doesn't really improve all that much. There are alot of tutorials you can find on the likes of youtube which will help you improve, but the stage you are at currently isn't good enough to do your own tutorials.

  5. #25
    Senior Member wildeggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The midget running to power up the world
    Posts
    1,870
    The main reason is due to me not making designs for anyone if i making designs for people i take lots of time on them if i am designing for my self i seem to rush i dont know why :/ ?

    I desgin (GFX)

  6. #26
    Bayesian Conspirator Éclair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by wildeggy View Post
    i understand i do some bad but i done many good ones also and the matter of changing Ps and the computer am using does not help
    Quote Originally Posted by wildeggy View Post
    The main reason is due to me not making designs for anyone if i making designs for people i take lots of time on them if i am designing for my self i seem to rush i dont know why :/ ?
    Changing the renders isn't the issue though. You tend to stretch them outside of normal proportions, which leads to them looking wrong before you even start. And whether you make them for yourself or for other people, you always follow the same route. Bad text placement/font blending (I can't do text either though so I'm not focusing on this), oversaturation, colour balance is usually off, and they all follow the same format. Slap a render on top of some basic manipulation, slap some text on it and call it a sig.

    Changing Photoshop isn't an excuse either, as I know multiple people here who design have used different versions of Photoshop. I myself have used PS7, CS3, CS5 and CS6 in my time doing graphics, so it's not much of an excuse.

    General Forum Rules
    Ignorance is not an excuse.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •