Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Éclair View Post
    From the sales of the Wii-U lately, I'd say they're paying a price for their arrogance.
    TouchÉ (I copied and paste the E with the squiggle above its head from your name, that's why it's capitalized )

I was more referring to in the long-run, however.

OOF-Writing.com
    "Insert a super-cool and witty comment that will make them want to click your link here." - Sir Nikolai McCon's III.

I just got a Wii U about a week ago and I'm really impressed with it. I am amazed at how many people have left bad reviews on it. It is really smooth and you can go on the internet using the game-pad with ease. The Wii U has a lot of potential, they just need more supporters. I am happy to support Nintendo, I have been enjoying their games since I was a kid. If they get more customer support it can turn into something even better than it already is.

My main issue with Nintendo is the amount of peripherals that you need to buy to make many of the games worthwhile. I feel like Nintendo and devs' are trying to milk everything just a little too much. I think the whole "casual gamer revolution" sparked by the Wii was just a fad, and those casual gamers don't really have any incentive to buy a WiiU since they are inherently just casual gamers.

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Éclair View Post
    Honestly, I don't see the Wii-U as a next-gen console. Visually it's on par with the PS3 and 360. Its library of games is comprised of a lot of games that exist on the PS3 and 360. In those respects, it's more of a current-gen console to me. Once the PS4 and X1 drop, I think it will be left in the dust completely. And I think that could be a good thing. Nintendo has always had a gigantic cult following, to the extent they feel like they're untouchable, that they can do no wrong. This needs to end. They need to learn that the intelligent gamer won't fall for the rehashed **** they put out the way their hardcore fans will.
    Completely agree with you Mist. I've seen many gamers, including some more respected journalists, who feel they should just give up on the WiiU, and either spend the time on the 3DS, making software for other consoles, or just biting the bullet and work on a new console that won't fail as bad.

Personally I don't see them doing any of those things, and yes whilst the sales figures really should be enough to make Nintendo stand up and notice, I don't think it really will. They likely will just believe they can turn things around on the same track they are, which you have to find hard to believe on current form.

Quote Originally Posted by Nub_Cannon View Post
    My main issue with Nintendo is the amount of peripherals that you need to buy to make many of the games worthwhile. I feel like Nintendo and devs' are trying to milk everything just a little too much. I think the whole "casual gamer revolution" sparked by the Wii was just a fad, and those casual gamers don't really have any incentive to buy a WiiU since they are inherently just casual gamers.
    I'd like to point out that not everyone who bought and enjoyed the Wii was a casual gamer. Yes it did have a ton of shovelware aimed at that market, but there were still a lot of games that anyone and everyone could play. I mean, I bought the console because I was excited by trying something a little different, seeing some of the titles it had planned, and I wasn't let down.

Also whilst I don't own a WiiU, so can't personally speak for how ever many peripherals it does have, I can't imagine you need very many to play the majority of games on it. I imagine people might find it more comfortable to use something else than the Wii pad, such as the nunchuck combo, or a classic controller, but sure they aren't needed just to make the game worthwhile.

I'm sure there are plenty of very serious gamers who aren't worried about the WiiU because it might be too 'casual', but just because the future prospect is grim due to the severe lack of games and support. And a lot of that is down to Nintendo being stuck in the past, and doing very little in the way of new innovation.

The Wii worked well because it was the first time a lot of people tried something like that, but now gamers expect the games to back up the hardware, and without that, Nintendo struggle.

You remember how your mother and your aunts call your Xbox, your play stations and other devices "Nintendos". I am pretty sure my mother is not the only one who does this. I think it says a lot about what Nintendo has accomplished in terms of invading the language of their market. On a lesser scale, we could say that Nintendos are to consoles what kleenexes are to facial tissues. Think about it.

At the moment I'd say they're in pretty deep, they really dug themselves in a hole this time. As much as I wish they were still at least able to compete with Sony and Microsoft I would really have to say they don't stand a chance, while I did enjoy the time I've spent playing the Wii U I really never cared enough to actually buy one for myself.

The Wii U is in a bad position right now with several developers seemingly turning their back on it. I'm hoping that once the Nintendo titles take off then the consoles will sell and other developers will bring some other titles over without doing lazy ports. EA have been very vocal about not supporting the Wii U, traditionally this has come back to bite them. When they didn't support the Dreamcast Sega started the 2K series which in present times buried NBA Live in quality.
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Nintendo has been "screwed" for 20 years now. If it wasn't the Sega Genesis, it was the PLaystation, then Xbox, then 360/Ps3. Same story but Nintendo keeps churning on and providing THE BEST 1st part games, if not the best games.period. : )

Press X To Rescue Orphans Ride the Walrus's Avatar
    I think a lot of people think about Nintendo is that their consoles are the only ones you can play loads of games on. Their exclusives are the best of all consoles. So my thinking is, if I get a PC I can play Xbox/PS games on that, but if I want to play all of the Nintendo games I love I NEEDED a Wii U.
    Died Wearing A Purple Jacket.

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Honey, I ****ed the kids