Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    In the eternal land of seclusion... the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyse the Legend View Post
    There's driving sections? Wow, can't say I would have seen that coming. Did they go into much detail as to how those might work, I mean are they just simply QTE sections, rather like the car segment with Ethan in Heavy Rain?
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................

It's just on gameplay, but other people may not want to know -
    Spoiler!
    So there's a bit more than just QTE involved, I love what they did. I won't give anything else away, because it does have another gameplay feature I'd rather wouldn't spoil for you.

The demo only gave a mash up of different sections, then there was a trailer after it showing the in-between sections, so it does look like a relatively longer game than Heavy Rain and Fahrenheit combined, I'd say it'll be about the same length as Last of Us or Uncharted 2, or atleast I'm hoping it is. Although Fahrenheit was a nice length in fairness. (I keep recommending to people, but they just don't care, they should just re-release it with cheevies, then everyone will care)

So given this comes out tomorrow guess there's a lot of excitement right now.
    Anyone get lucky and received their copy a day early?

Just wanted to quickly add to this, has anybody seen this review from IGN?

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/0...o-souls-review

Complaints of there not enough actual gameplay elements seem a bit flimsy to me. You know what you sign up for with a game like this.

Can't say I'm overly keen on these kinds of critic reviews anyway but I'd still say it's worth a read.

Still gonna get the game regardless I think I will make my own mind up!

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    The reviews in general have been rather mixed, which I think has disappointed some people, as they were hoping even if this game might not top the success of Heavy Rain, it would be a close second. But a few issues do seem to crop up from a lot of reviews, but as always I would take them with somewhat of a pinch of salt, though is a little disconcerting for sure.

Though I'd rather take the word of people in here, who I believe are more likely to give a fair reflection of the game, so be interesting to see how anyone who plays it, finds it.

The Last True Gamer JudgeYohance's Avatar
    These reviews are seriously hurting me. i had very high hopes on this game. We need one of our people to play it. Someone get our reviewers on this!
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, beat him with a fish and you have a youtube clip that lasts a lifetime."
    "He came out of the caves and declared, I AM YOHANCE, Hunter of SPAM!"
    GIFSoup

Yeah, I heard very mixed reviews on it. To the extent that I've decided not to bother until it comes down in price. I made the mistake of listening to reviews with The Last of Us; perfect game my ass. Besides, I'm busy with Armored Core right now.

Heavy Rain was good, but by no means as good as it could've been. I think it's unjustly loved because it tried something different, to the point that it's a genre of its own. You can either like it, or not. No real middle ground, and if you don't like it, tough **** because there's nothing else in that style.

General Forum Rules
    Ignorance is not an excuse.

Fear is the Mind Killer Star Hustler's Avatar
    I've played a good amount of it. It's a really great game but I have not finished it sadly lol. Batman: Arkham Origins is holding all my attention at the moment. xD

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    My brother is getting this next week, so likely going to be giving it a try at the start of December or so. Ok, yes those reviews have dented my enthusiasm somewhat, but still interested to see how well it compares to Heavy Rain, at least on my enjoyment scale.

In the eternal land of seclusion... the void.
    This game is all over the f*cking place!! Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it, but it could've been constructed better! I hope there's a chapter select later so I can play it in some kind of solid order.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Seducer View Post
    This game is all over the f*cking place!! Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it, but it could've been constructed better! I hope there's a chapter select later so I can play it in some kind of solid order.
    That was basically the impression that I got while playing the game.

OOF-Writing.com
    "Insert a super-cool and witty comment that will make them want to click your link here." - Sir Nikolai McCon's III.