Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34
  1. #21
    WKD4496 Dark Seducer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the eternal land of seclusion... the void.
    Posts
    5,536
    Quote Originally Posted by McConnaughay View Post
    That was basically the impression that I got while playing the game.
    Yeah I get why it's presented like that now, I'm looking forward to continuing, then playing again in the layout like a movie. Reminds me of Insidious for some reason.

  2. #22
    New Member Morningriser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2
    I for one love this game. I got it last night and started playing it around 11-m and quit at around 7 this morning. I started back around 5 and finished it around 8. I had so much fun playing it and the only problems I had was all the darkness and sometimes having difficulty with camera angles. All in all I thought it was excellent and had the best graphics I have ever sen in a PS3 game before.

  3. #23
    It's a wonderful game! Very intimate, and very emotional. I didn't follow the games development, didn't buy into the hype (what little there was) and took a chance based on my previous experiences with (QuanticDream) Heavy Rain, and Indigo Prophecy before it and I have absolutely no regrets. I've heard David Cage is already working on a sequel, but I'm not sure if it's been confirmed or if it's purely speculation.

  4. #24
    GF Member xoCherryhandro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Republic of Ireland
    Posts
    54
    Absolutely loved this game to pieces, I was completely hooked right off the bat! I loved the storyline, and maybe for some jumping through the years and back was annoying, but I was just more excited to know what would happen. I even did a presentation on it for college, and some people have went out and bought it because of it. I never played Heavy Rain though, I was thinking of getting it, I read up about it, but is it really worth the buy?




  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by xoCherryhandro View Post
    Absolutely loved this game to pieces, I was completely hooked right off the bat! I loved the storyline, and maybe for some jumping through the years and back was annoying, but I was just more excited to know what would happen. I even did a presentation on it for college, and some people have went out and bought it because of it. I never played Heavy Rain though, I was thinking of getting it, I read up about it, but is it really worth the buy?
    Without question. It's dirt cheap too. It's the embodiment of an emotional rollercoaster. The game can continue if one or all of the characters die, and is a more fulfilling experience if none do but regardless there is closure at the end rather than raising more questions than answers.

    Beyond was a good game, but doesn't warrant more than two playthroughs as you can see all endings, and scenarios.

  6. #26
    GF Member xoCherryhandro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Republic of Ireland
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by L0RD V0X3L View Post
    Without question. It's dirt cheap too. It's the embodiment of an emotional rollercoaster. The game can continue if one or all of the characters die, and is a more fulfilling experience if none do but regardless there is closure at the end rather than raising more questions than answers.

    Beyond was a good game, but doesn't warrant more than two playthroughs as you can see all endings, and scenarios.
    I'm defiantly going to be buying it soon! I've to play through it all over again though, I was on an trophy hunt after I completed it, but I've about 50 odd trophies to get I think, I might play through it again tonight c:




  7. #27
    Beyond is an easy one to platinum if anyone is ever trophy hunting. I shelved it after I got the platinum and have since thought of trading it in, but then I remember just how remarkable the game was and think otherwise just in case I ever want to relive the experience.

  8. #28
    Senior Member McConnaughay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by L0RD V0X3L View Post
    Beyond is an easy one to platinum if anyone is ever trophy hunting. I shelved it after I got the platinum and have since thought of trading it in, but then I remember just how remarkable the game was and think otherwise just in case I ever want to relive the experience.
    I like to get trophies when I can, but honestly, PS3 has amazing exclusives and free-live, so therefore, I found it to be the better console. However, the layout of the Xbox was Godly. I WANTED achievements because they made them feel relevant with a gamer-score and easy access to them. Trophies never did that for me.


    OOF-Writing.com
    "Insert a super-cool and witty comment that will make them want to click your link here." - Sir Nikolai McCon's III.

  9. #29
    Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,660
    I know a lot of people hate on the game, largely just because they feel Heavy Rain is amazing in comparison, but I'm one of the few who probably preferred Beyond, simply because I felt it was much easier to relate and become involved within the story, and when there are usually times when I predict something is going to happen, happy to find I was wrong many times in this game, another thing which pleasantly surprised me.

    Sure it's far from perfect, the controls are still rather clunky, and some of the characters really aren't ironed out as much as they could have, but for anyone who is after a well designed, story driven experience, for the price this is now, don't think you could go too wrong.

    And like Lord said, the Platinum is rather easy, so long as you have a guide handy for certain moments, but just make sure you play blind the first time, as you'll just ruin it all otherwise.

  10. #30
    The Gotei 13's Psychopath Hyunshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,276
    Have to agree with Vyse when I say I preferred Beyond over Heavy Rain, to me it was just a more enjoyable and interesting story.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •