Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Long Gone
    Well I am sure they all have their own gimmicks with the exception of the two versions of Battlefield seen.

I reckon the Wii Fit stage will have some kind of minigame related gimmick. Perhaps using a certain move or taunting when prompted, similarly to that one microgame seen in the Warioware.inc stage on Brawl.

I think the Nintendog one will have the dog coming closer to the screen and potentially changing the arena or harming the players.

The train from the 3DS version? If that doesn't have small CPU cannon fodder enemies flying in to attack at certain points I will be disappointed.

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    Oh I'm sure the character design and build of her movelist will be excellent in this version, but you just know that once the final roster is out, if (insert any name here), isn't included, they will ask why a basic nobody was included, over some more potential cult classic characters.

Anyways, has their been any mention of any sort of link between console and handheld version? Given I'm going to get a 3DS, kind of interested if there really is enough different content between the two, or if they can link in any sort of way.

Long Gone
    True enough but you'll be getting that in at least one case already. Lucario. If he's on it people will complain that he's STILL not Mewtwo. If Mewtwo appears you'll get them whining about Lucario. If Zoroark appears "OMG! Get rid of that new c(BEEP!)" and most worrying of all if Mewtwo's new forme appears you have the rants of how Mewtwo has been ruined to look forward to.

Snake is, at this point almost certainly down the drain.
    Sonic, well Nintendo do have that partnership with Sega and a new Mario and Sonic game in the pipeline.
    Toon Link is likely to stay, what with the HD version of Wind Waker.
    Red, I want to stay but I can see him replaced with a trainer from Gen VI.
    Wolf and/or Falco are likely to make the cut too unless they are changed.
    Ness will definitely stay, Lucas is a probable cut.
    Marth will be in due to the current FE game Roy/Ike are either going to be changed or cut I think.
    Olimar will stay due to Pikmin 3.
    Captain Falcon won't get the boot due to the character's popularity and Falcon Punch being a meme.
    Wario, is likely to stay due to his fame as well as Game and Wario.
    Zero Suit Samus is one I'll miss if she goes but I saw the Zero Laser in the trailer so I'm hopeful.
    Meta Knight. Infamous for being cheap, he's going to stay I reckon.

If I recall correctly connectivity between systems has been mentioned. Would be nice to be able to use the 3DS consoles as joypads too and use the 3DS stages on WiiU and vice versa during connected games.

See if most of what you predict comes true, whilst to one extent I'll be happy that so many of the favourites are returning, the other part of me thinks that there is going to be little room for any new characters. Because I don't see the game featuring say 10+ more characters than Brawl did, if anything I figured the roster would remain about the same in size. So sure they will remove a few here and there, but at this rate it might only be 5 new characters or so max, which would be somewhat of a shame.

Looking forward to seeing more on everything else though. Also hope something as enjoyable as the Subspace Emissary mode comes, because I really enjoyed that.

Long Gone
    It does depends on who gets in and who goes though. If they want to keep the roster the same size, or with one or two new additions then I reckon we'll see some obscure or 'duplicate' cuts. I personally have a few I wouldn't mind seeing gone and some that I will be mortified to see.

No matter what though Link and the Wii Fit Trainer's inclusion will mean I have at least 2 characters I can enjoy.

True, I can think of a handful of characters, largely those that have multiple duplicates, *cough Falco and Wolf*, who I would be happy to swap out for others. It would be nice if some of the staples shown already, like Pikachu, DK, Peach, whoever, have a fair change to their moveset. At least that way it doesn't just feel like they have been re-hashed in anyway, which is my biggest worry really with the game.

Personally as a Pika fan, (and actually being able to semi-brag that I wasn't half bad with him online for a change), glad that he is still around, but honestly my real excitement is more with the stages and sound, more so than who might and might not be included.

Long Gone
    Well to me the most likely removals are:
    Snake - Who can be replaced by Megaman
    Falco and/or Wolf
    Lucario - To be replaced by Mewtwo or another Pokemon.
    Ike - Marth has more reason to remain in
    Lucas - Ness is just more iconic and if I recall correctly had similar moves anyway.

That's 6 spare spots I can think of if Nintendo goes with this and 3 of those are full anyway so, if they go for one or two more we'd still have about 5 more new characters to go.

That sounds fair to me. I can also see Sonic being removed, even though he is still appearing in new titles on Nintendo platforms, just think they might swap him around for somebody new.

Long Gone
    Yeah, he most likely will be removed but I liked him as he played in Brawl and due to the partnership I am hopeful.

Knowing that Snake's gone is a disappointment though. For all my comments on how evil he is to fight I did enjoy the challenge of the character when used by my brother. Zero Suit Samus is one I'm worried about though as she was just a gimmick for Samus in Brawl (despite me never using Samus and avoiding using ZS Samus' final smash).

Edit: Something interesting I've noticed. It was said that the 3DS version has the same amount of characters as the WiiU version, not that it has the same characters. The cross console roster, especially if you are able to connect the two versions of the game could wind up being MUCH bigger than we realise.
    Last edited by D.S.C.L; 12-06-2013 at 01:42 AM.

Kiddong The Moxking Midnight Panda's Avatar
    I'm actually alright with the Wii Fit trainer, sure it could have been somebody different, but at the same time, she's going to be one of nintendo's only choices for a non third party martial arts/melee fighter.