Press X To Rescue Orphans Ride the Walrus's Avatar

New Zelda game 'could have been announced'

Matt Helgeson of Game Informer reports that Shigeru Miyamoto himself mentioned the rumored Zelda Wii U title is in steady, but definitive, development. In fact, they were almost going to show it during today's Nintendo Direct stream.

"We're also working on a new Wii U Zelda game. Work on that is progressing fairly concretely. In fact, we were thinking about showing it here at E3 but decided to wait just a little bit longer before sharing it with everyone."

I'm pretty surprised they didn't show it off today, even if it would have only been just a brief teaser, as I'm sure many Zelda fans would have loved to have seen it regardless.

Hopefully "a little bit longer" isn't too much longer.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/zeld...resented-today
    Died Wearing A Purple Jacket.

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Honey, I ****ed the kids

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    Honestly, I wasn't bothered at all that they didn't show anything. I was more disappointed they didn't just show more new IP's, or delph a bit more into some of the unknown games they did mention, such as X, which if anything like Xenogears, should, (and does look that way), be amazing.

We all know that the new Zelda WiiU game should be a classic, so if they need to take more time before showing it off, so be it. I'd take that than them showing a 20 second teaser, like so many developers have done this E3, which really does little to me if they are titles we already know about.

Ever since Ocarina of Time, I've had a soft spot for Zelda. For me they can't make a wrong move but I hope it goes back to it's roots a little more and has a more integrated story, one that really captures you. Sure quality game play is a must but the original Zelda games were so capturing with there stories.

There has to be at least one Zelda title on the Wii-U. Actually Zelda is THE reason to buy Nintendo consoles. Of course there are some other great titles on all consoles but what could be compared to Zelda?

Nintendo is teasing the people a bit more. This way, they could build up more anticipation from the gamers. I think it's a good marketing strategy really. Maybe they're saving it just in time to compete with the incoming launch of the two big next gen consoles - the PS 4 and the XbOne. Zelda is the strongest weapon that Nintendo could fire against its competitors. So they're trying to play their cards right.

Let's hope they don't pull a Gaben on us. I have not looked much into what the Wii U is. I know it's a hand-held device and I know my little brother wants one very badly. I always wanted to show Zelda to my little bro. It would be cool that he show me his Zelda on his device. It would be a spin on an expected situation.

Quote Originally Posted by colfgg View Post
    Let's hope they don't pull a Gaben on us. I have not looked much into what the Wii U is. I know it's a hand-held device and I know my little brother wants one very badly. I always wanted to show Zelda to my little bro. It would be cool that he show me his Zelda on his device. It would be a spin on an expected situation.
    Lol. Why are there people who think that the Wii U is a handheld device? Yes, it has a tablet/gamepad controller but it's not considered as a handheld. The Wii U is in line with the home consoles like the PS 4 and the Xbox One. The Wii U is the successor to the Wii. Sigh.

Any more news on the Zelda game? Don't get off track now guys. I'm waiting !

I have enjoyed what they did with the new zelda games as they've come out. There's not anything to capture me the way that the originals did when I was growing up. I was completely taken back by Ocarina and Mask and I think that's when Zelda peaked for me. I loved all the Zelda games up til that and then didn't play another one for a long long time. I wouldn't mind playing through some now that I have extra time (well not quite yet) but I also hope they continue to keep the game interesting and full of mechanics that make it fun and avoid the tedious natures that some adventure/RPG game can inherit.