Multi-platform Games

Wii U owners!

How do you feel multi-platform games hold up on the Wii U? Does the screen on the controller enhance the experience or detract from it?

The second screen doesn't really make the games much better. It's great for what it is. But it's almost a distraction to constantly look down at a screen. It reminds me of the pocketstation and the Dreamcast's VMU. While great, but somewhat unneeded in most cases. The best case scenario is to use it in sports games so people can't see your plays in football, basketball, and hockey.

Most other games don't need it much

I think the second screen is a huge leap in gaming industry. For a long time, we are stuck with controllers and it's time motion gaming as well as device integration is supported. Besides, I guess two players can play a single game like how Wii U did for NFS series.

When stuff like map, ammo or weapons available are displayed on a second screen, it's useful and engaging in single player missions. Similarly, tracking enemies during online matches should be fun. Just that the Wii U needs graphical improvisation and all big titles on it to glue gamers to the console.

I think the second screen is a huge leap in gaming industry. For a long time, we are stuck with controllers and it's time motion gaming as well as device integration is supported. Besides, I guess two players can play a single game like how Wii U did for NFS series.

When stuff like map, ammo or weapons available are displayed on a second screen, it's useful and engaging in single player missions. Similarly, tracking enemies during online matches should be fun. Just that the Wii U needs graphical improvisation and all big titles on it to glue gamers to the console.
    Last edited by uashwinp; 07-08-2013 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Posted twice - delete this

I am going to assume that all multi-platform games for the Wii U are going to be pretty bad. At least that is what I experienced with my Wii. Lets face it, Nintendo consoles are only good for Nintendo titles. This is why EA has said they are going to stop making games for the Wii U for the foreseeable future. Nobody is buying the games A. Because no one wants a crappy port, and B. Because no one owns a Wii U.

I think that there would be games that would stand out on the Wii U and there would be some that won't. Games that require a lot of inventory management would probably have an advantage over the Wii. RPGs and adventure games for instance. But in general, I think that the Wii U ports would be a little less grand of compared to other consoles.

I think the second screen capabilities enhance an experience. The more accessible and clearly mapped game features are the better. I just feel like Nintendo has to convince consumers to take their product more seriously. It should be more than just the system to play Mario on.