Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: xbox free games

Hard, pipe-hitting nigga Lootosh's Avatar
    I swear, microsoft seen to have gone through my games draws and selected what to give away for free out of there.
    I wish I loved the human race
    I wish I loved its silly face,
    I wish I liked the way it walks; I wish I liked the way it talks,
    And when I'm introduced one, I wish I thought 'What jolly fun!'

Each of the games are what, 4 - 6 years old? Gonna be a while before we get any recent releases on there. I'm hoping a game comes on there that i don't already have, because i have A LOT, and i wouldn't mind the occasional freebie.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Harvester View Post
    Each of the games are what, 4 - 6 years old? Gonna be a while before we get any recent releases on there. I'm hoping a game comes on there that i don't already have, because i have A LOT, and i wouldn't mind the occasional freebie.
    I guess the one thing they have to watch is that they can't give anything "too" recent it you follow me. Things like GTA 4 (appropriate given that 5 will be out soon) would be good, and games from that sort of era, maybe not late 2012 games of course, but early I would guess so.

^Dat dance doe.

Is the dlc also free? Naturally i have all the dlc for Fable III, ACII and Halo 3, so i don't get a price, just a download option.

Also GTA IV on free roam is f*****g awesome fun.

I think they'll do a Gears free tbh

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Harvester View Post
    Is the dlc also free?
    That's actually something I wouldn't mind knowing, as I never got around to playing the Fable III DLC. So whilst I wouldn't want to play the main game again, if the DLC is going for free, would be rather silly to pass that up.

Not imagining it will be, but would be rather nice if it were.

http://www.examiner.com/article/xbox...rid-not-halo-3 Seems as though we're not getting any of those games for free. Lame.

Just because it's not Halo 3 at this point doesn't mean it won't be at a later date. From the looks of it this scheme it going to be going for while so plenty of time for them to give both Halo 3 and AC and to be fair to MS, they did only give those titles as example, it's not like they said, "Hey these are the games you'll be getting in July". People should know by now not to take anything a big Corporation says at face value really.

As for this months free game, do think it's a bit of a bold move to put an arcade game that only costs 800msp up as a free title. If they'd made all the DLC free as well it would probably sweeten the deal for a lot of people (Defense Grid: The Awakening has 5 Paid DLC in total all with achievementsl). At this point i've not really got much interest in the game. I'm not great at Tower Defense games as it is and just because it's free really isn't much an incentive for me to download it.
    Last edited by Vault Hunter; 01-07-2013 at 05:54 PM.

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    Sure I remember reading somewhere though Hannah that MS did make it reasonably clear that both Halo 3 and ACII would be the next two games to be released as part of this scheme, not just that they were planned for some point. Granted after everything that has happened with the company in recent months, whether they did or did not actually use those words, still find it hard to really believe much of what they say anymore, but it's still disappointing, as I know a few people, myself included, were looking forward to those being released.

Would be nice if they actually had some sort of rough schedule, but then can't say I'm that surprised they are doing it on a see how things basis. Think I also saw something that they might look to continue this after the planned end date of the year. Given the success of PS+, they really should have this as a permanent thing full stop if you ask me.

If their plan is still to do 2 games per month, i'm gonna guess they'll do one marketplace game and one retail release game per month. That way they can be seen to be covering all bases, supporting both major and minor game developers rather than just the biggies.

One thing I don't get, a lot of people are kicking off on some sites saying this is the first free give-away of the promotion and it's a disappointment. Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't Fable III the first free give-away?