Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: xbox free games

In the eternal land of seclusion... the void.
    They made it perfectly clear at E3 that AC II and Halo 3 would be free this month. They could do it every mid-month, that or something happened behind the scenes to stop it.

I don't have any faith in MS anymore when it comes to promotions.

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Hunter View Post
    If their plan is still to do 2 games per month, i'm gonna guess they'll do one marketplace game and one retail release game per month. That way they can be seen to be covering all bases, supporting both major and minor game developers rather than just the biggies.

One thing I don't get, a lot of people are kicking off on some sites saying this is the first free give-away of the promotion and it's a disappointment. Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't Fable III the first free give-away?
    Anyone who thinks this is the first free giveaway are just people who have had their heads buried under the sand for the last couple of weeks. I mean, whilst they didn't make a great song and dance of Fable III being the first free game available during E3 or afterwards, it wasn't exactly hard to see when you turned on your console.

And as for what they might do, that could be a possible solution, but the slight problem there is that you can very easily see people getting frustrated that a more higher profile title is being made available for half the month, (granted many people might likely have it, and is still going to be old as hell), only for a much smaller arcade title to then be the next offering. And when said arcade title might be rather short, or not the best known, you have to ask why couldn't that spot have been given to a full release title, of which there are a heap that MS could possible choose from, that I'm sure would get a much better reception.

I imagine they have no real clue what exactly will be made on sale, hell this weekly sale supposed to start this week, hasn't even started, and we have just had Monday pass bye. So more than likely they will take it on a weekly/monthly basis or something, and just randomly throw things out there as and when they feel like it. A pain, but probably what we have come to expect at the moment sadly.

Noticed earlier that the next free title due for the second half of this month, will be the already mentioned Assassins Creed II, so not long for people wanting to give that a go.

The Gotei 13's Psychopath Hyunshi's Avatar
    Still nothing compared to the games Sony have been releasing for free for PS Plus users.

God you are such a Sony fanboy now hahaha. I think everyone knows that though, you would have to be biased to say that what MS are offering is better than Sony, it's certainly not, given you just need to say the brilliant value for money you get with PS+.

Though MS have responded with this promotion, just at the moment, it's very little, and far too late, but it still beats nothing, and is nice for those who haven't played these games, and have a 360.

It's the fact that sony are giving out AAA titles, or relatively new games, not old ones like this, though I do agree that it's better then nothing but then again 90% of people on the 360 have played one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse the Legend View Post
    Noticed earlier that the next free title due for the second half of this month, will be the already mentioned Assassins Creed II, so not long for people wanting to give that a go.
    So in other words, people over-reacted a few days ago when they were screaming Microsoft lied and that they were never going to get ACII

Glad to see ACII made it on the roster though. If by some freaky change people haven't played it yet. I highly recommend it, it's by far the best in the series.

Or Microsoft was like "****" & decided to make it free instead of discounted

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    Or Microsoft was like "****" & decided to make it free instead of discounted
    Have a feeling most people with think that. Microsoft are pretty much damned it they do and damned it they don't at this point given the horrendous PR job they've done in the last few weeks.

Also, ACII wasn't discounted this week, that was AC III :P

Hahaha, well I think even by MS's standards....probably, that they would get around to including the game free pretty soon, regardless of all the fuss when this current game was announced a couple days ago.

Though you would have thought after how big a hole they dug for themselves in recent months, that they would try to slowly get themselves out of it, not continue to dig even deeper.

One thing that shows how far behind the times they are though. You will soon be able to get ACII for free, a game that came out 4 years ago. Then you have two AC games leading up to ACIII, which isn't even a year old, and yet you could have bought that new for under 9 yesterday. Some wrong logic there.