Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: xbox free games

xbox free games

Hey guys and girls.

So we heard that ms are giving away 2 games for download free, every month up to the launch of its latest console. (Which i will not be getting).
    So far its fable 3, whixh i have downloaded..

But how do we know what the new games are each month? As it is not advertised anywhere.

Would be good if therr was an official list or something, telling us what the games are each month.
    Or how are we meant to know!!

Cheers
    Xbox 360 Slim 250gb, Technica 32" LED 1080p TV. Logitech Z506 5.1 surround sound, Tritton Detonator's, Playstation 2 Fat, Playstation 1 Net Yaroze, Nintendo DS Lite, Sony PSP 2003, Nintendo Gamecube
    [GT: SAx anderson

July is : AC2 and Halo 3.

Been wanting to try the AC series for a long time, so this will give me a brilliant incite. Looking forward to playing it, and hopefully there will be more people playing Halo 3 online.

The Gotei 13's Psychopath Hyunshi's Avatar
    They probably haven't decided on all anyway, just like PSN plus where you don't know until the last week of the month.

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    Wouldn't be surprised if they decided a week or two before the games are due to come out as free to the public. Maybe that way they can gauge the public perception of how well the recent games have sold, and work from that basis.

Though I imagine they already know which ancient games they are going to include next, not that they would tell us of course, because not only would that ruin the fun, but likely stop a lot of people from getting excited and caring.

Can you call me Nyteblade YesConsiderably's Avatar
    I lost interest in the scheme about three seconds after it was unveiled... when they announced the first free games would be titles so old, most of them have already had two sequels.

I bought a PS+ pass this week, and the free games included Xcom, The Cave and Uncharted 3. This kind of rendered MS's little dig at Sony, that you get to keep Fable III even if you don't renew your Gold subscription, rather amusing.

I guess it's an ok scheme but as many have already said the games are so old it's seem kind of superfluous. It'd be nice if (assuming the scheme proves successful) the games they roll out get newer and newer as the months go by but i'm not holding my breath.

Seems a good scheme, I didn't know the PS had a similar scheme already though.

Not interested in any of the games at the moment, but I guess its good for people who missed out on the older games like Fable. Would love games like Xcom for free, but somehow can't see MS being that generous.

In the eternal land of seclusion... the void.
    Can't see anyone keeping Fable III once their done with it that's for sure. I'm guessing that's why their free games are old, because they're not rentals, as PS+ you basically have the game till you're no longer a plus member. I actually don't mind that, as you're saving a bomb on "rentals". If MS had the same type of "rental" system with live they'd probably have more recent games up for grabs. Even if they do add recent titles to their 2 a month, they'll probably be 2 ***** games no one cares for.

Can you call me Nyteblade YesConsiderably's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind that. As long as it's something i don't already own.

The big games that i want to play i will always pick up on their release date. The best way for a scheme like this to benefit me is to offer games i wasn't that interested in.

But i expect they will keep offering games like Halo 3 and ACII. You know, games that sold hundreds of thousands of copies and that most will already have.

There's no point in me getting next months games as I completed them both to a degree where I have nothing else to do in them, I was about 98% complete on Ac2 but couldn't be bothered getting the last 2 achievements. Icryevertim.

^Dat dance doe.