Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    I honestly think some people really haven't looked that hard into the library for the Wii. Then again, can't say I'm that surprised, and Nintendo don't do themselves any favours really with their marketing strategy either.

I too enjoy the Wii system of play though I have migrated to the new Wii U system quite easily. I tend to go in for light systems allowing me to play the game without too much intensity or game skills. PlayStation and Xbox are more intense platforms that have their own dedicated fan base. I prefer to play new games all the time. It distracts me positively and helps me focus on daily routine.

I play my Wii time to time. Especially for Smash Bro tournies at my friend's house.
    While I'd likely play other consoles or the pc more, I still enjoyed my time with the Wii.

Long Gone
    The specs, the view of being 'gimmicky', the downright terrible 3rd party support and the contradiction between many of today's gamers and Nintendo. Those are the reason the Wii and WiiU aren't taken seriously by many of the current gamers.

Also, it is worth pointing out that it has now been long enough since the PS1 era that the 'Hardcore' (to use the term they use) kind of gaming has become to many all they've known and what they consider gaming. As much as I love what Nintendo are doing, they are catering more to those of us who prefer 'old skool' games as well as newer and younger gamers than to the primary market.

Like i keep saying in other Nintendo posts they have lost the plot with their arrogance. Nintendo were the Sony of gaming and with Snes had an awesome game library. Fast forward to now and when the fad that was Wii took off amongst basically everyone Nintendo decided to not listen to its loyal gamers, it was like they didn't need them anymore, now look at them.

The same line-up of games every few years, 3rd party support a joke and hardly any great 1st party games beyond the usual suspects. Then we have dinosaurs running the company who think they are gods because they throw a Mario or Zelda out every 25 years. Worse is the gamers themselves treat them like gods. Seriously Mario is a good game but nothing special and Zelda im sorry but whats the fuss about, its a decent game but not what i expected when i played Majora's mask, i have played far better rpg's on other systems.

Zelda for me is just like 360's Fable in that the hype is ridiculous, maybe the problem is they are starved of truly great rpg's on both systems. If Wii 2 carries on like it has been i can see Nintendo sticking to toys.
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks to Chronic Spender........

Quote Originally Posted by willo745 View Post
    Seriously Mario is a good game but nothing special and Zelda im sorry but whats the fuss about, its a decent game but not what i expected when i played Majora's mask, i have played far better rpg's on other systems.

Zelda for me is just like 360's Fable in that the hype is ridiculous, maybe the problem is they are starved of truly great rpg's on both systems. If Wii 2 carries on like it has been i can see Nintendo sticking to toys.
    I never really liked Majora's Mask either. It was just Ocarina of Time with a new story line. Of course, there were gameplay tweaks here and there but it still looked and played the same like Ocarina. I did like the latter Zelda games though. Windwaker was quirky, Twilight Princess was cool, and Skyward Sword was like watching an anime. Majora's Mask ain't on the top of my list that's for sure.

As for the Wii, it's even more alive than the Wii U!

Quote Originally Posted by willo745 View Post
    Seriously Mario is a good game but nothing special and Zelda im sorry but whats the fuss about, its a decent game but not what i expected when i played Majora's mask, i have played far better rpg's on other systems.

I'm a huge fan of the Zelda series. I get that not everyone likes it, or feels it lives up to expectations, but for me it's great, so it does raise as one of my most beloved series of all time. Like you said for Fable, I thought it was overhyped - so I can see why you might not like Zelda. But I thought the Fable series just wasn't as good as the producers said it would be, not because of fan response.

I do see what you mean that there's not very many titles on the Wii and WiiU that are RPGs now though. Nintendo's older systems had some great games, such as Chrono Trigger (Even though it wasn't released here in Europe until the DS) and the older Final Fantasy games.

Still though, the DS seems to still produce some interesting RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Phossix View Post
    I'm a huge fan of the Zelda series. I get that not everyone likes it, or feels it lives up to expectations, but for me it's great, so it does raise as one of my most beloved series of all time. Like you said for Fable, I thought it was overhyped - so I can see why you might not like Zelda. But I thought the Fable series just wasn't as good as the producers said it would be, not because of fan response.

I do see what you mean that there's not very many titles on the Wii and WiiU that are RPGs now though. Nintendo's older systems had some great games, such as Chrono Trigger (Even though it wasn't released here in Europe until the DS) and the older Final Fantasy games.

Still though, the DS seems to still produce some interesting RPGs.
    Sadly your last statement is indicative of Nintendo today, "But the DS has great games", as a Wii 2 owner i wouldn't really care about the DS as i obviously would buy the Wii U for gaming, why have Nintendo not done the same as with the DS?.....simply not good enough.

The true problem with Nintendo is their sheer arrogance, did you know that even the very best devs have to go through the same process as a bedroom coder, One dev said it was pure arrogance by Nintendo when it takes 3-6 months just to get to the green light man. It takes them months longer than a first time arcade game creator to get his game on Psn.

I think Nintendo have a massive ego problem and to treat devs like Gearbox,Obsidian, Bethesda and the countless others running through hoops is just sheer arrogance, no wonder devs dont want nothing to do with them.

Lind you are right i haven't played Windwalker but it looks beautiful, only problem is i didn't really like combat in the game. It is obviously a good game but for me imho it is overhyped as an rpg just as Fable is by 360 gamers. Any 3rd party game on Wii usually fails dismally.
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks to Chronic Spender........

Banned
    I disagree with your statement about Mario and Zelda, willo, I think they're both great games, but I also feel that Nintendo have to do a lot more than just relying on these 2/3 games. Smash bros was Epic imo, but again, they can't just rely on these 2/3 titles to make it in the gaming world.

I'm 29 and still consider Nintendo my favourite developer and own all their consoles.

They certainly can be frustrating at times, not developing enough new franchises being my major complaint, but in the end, the good massively outweighs the bad.

From memory I think Nintendo have adopted a very indie friendly process with the Wii U, after seeing the big success of PSN and XBL.