Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Senior Member willo745's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    8,009
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknats View Post
    I'm 29 and still consider Nintendo my favourite developer and own all their consoles.

    They certainly can be frustrating at times, not developing enough new franchises being my major complaint, but in the end, the good massively outweighs the bad.

    From memory I think Nintendo have adopted a very indie friendly process with the Wii U, after seeing the big success of PSN and XBL.
    No they haven't it still takes ages for a dev to get to the yes men, whether 2 lads in the bedroom or gearbox software. Hence nobody wants to deal with them, Sony see Indies within days and thats why a lot are flocking to Psn as Sony quickly see them, do a deal so they can finish the game.

    If Sony thinks they have a great game they will even double the devs budget to add and polish said games. In all an Indie can approach Sony and do a quick deal that allows them to start building the games, they have access to Sony's devs for a guiding hand or technical help if needed.

    Sony can have dozens of games finished in the time Nintendo are using arrogant processes when tbh they really dont need to treat massive devs with such behaviour.
    [/QUOTE]

    Thanks to Chronic Spender........

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by skotrhythm View Post
    I'm an exception, I'm 32 but love playing Wii. Though all my friends who are my age play PS2 or Xbox. Is Wii just for the younger generation gamer or is it still alive and well within the oldies?
    I don't have a Wii, my daughter does. I like mature games like Mass Effect and Bioshock Infinite and the Wii doesn't really have those mature titles. They have a few mature titles but not enough for me to buy the system. I understand why people like the cute platformers, but I've never been into them.

  3. #23
    i've always wanted to try wii games, but, i am not buying a whole new console just to try some Zelda, Mario, and Sonic games.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Warrior View Post
    i've always wanted to try wii games, but, i am not buying a whole new console just to try some Zelda, Mario, and Sonic games.
    I have to buy every Nintendo console so that my daughter can get the Sonic games. I bought her a Wii just so she could get the exclusive Wii Sonic games and now I have to buy her a Wii U for the Sonic games that are coming out. She is a huge Sonic fan so as long as Nintendo keeps getting exclusive Sonic games, I'll have to buy every Nintendo console that comes down the pipe.
    It's pointless to say that some of the Wii Sonic games weren't the best. She doesn't care. Her collection has to be complete.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by willo745 View Post
    No they haven't it still takes ages for a dev to get to the yes men, whether 2 lads in the bedroom or gearbox software. Hence nobody wants to deal with them, Sony see Indies within days and thats why a lot are flocking to Psn as Sony quickly see them, do a deal so they can finish the game.

    If Sony thinks they have a great game they will even double the devs budget to add and polish said games. In all an Indie can approach Sony and do a quick deal that allows them to start building the games, they have access to Sony's devs for a guiding hand or technical help if needed.

    Sony can have dozens of games finished in the time Nintendo are using arrogant processes when tbh they really dont need to treat massive devs with such behaviour.
    Ah ok, I remember Nintendo making a big fuss about how they had changed their ways in treating indie developers when they launched the Wii U, but maybe it was all just blown smoke.

  6. #26
    I wouldn't say Wii/Wii U is dead for anyone over 20 however I would say it's more of a social console. I own a PS3, a Xbox 360 and a Wii and with the PS3 and Xbox I have a huge collection of games...that are largely single player, sit down and get sucked in for 12 hour type games. That's something that the Wii doesn't really have going for it aside from Legend of Zelda I've found. However whenever I have people over my Wii is always the one that gets pulled out and has 4 people glued to it at all times playing Rockband or Mario Kart or Smash Bros. That's something that the other consoles don't tend to have so much. The social aspect alone is why most people I know have one.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackStar101 View Post
    I wouldn't say Wii/Wii U is dead for anyone over 20 however I would say it's more of a social console. I own a PS3, a Xbox 360 and a Wii and with the PS3 and Xbox I have a huge collection of games...that are largely single player, sit down and get sucked in for 12 hour type games. That's something that the Wii doesn't really have going for it aside from Legend of Zelda I've found. However whenever I have people over my Wii is always the one that gets pulled out and has 4 people glued to it at all times playing Rockband or Mario Kart or Smash Bros. That's something that the other consoles don't tend to have so much. The social aspect alone is why most people I know have one.
    Nintendo's always been like that to me. Hell my n64 still gets brought out regularly to play Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye or the original Smash Brothers.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by willo745 View Post
    No they haven't it still takes ages for a dev to get to the yes men, whether 2 lads in the bedroom or gearbox software. Hence nobody wants to deal with them, Sony see Indies within days and thats why a lot are flocking to Psn as Sony quickly see them, do a deal so they can finish the game.

    If Sony thinks they have a great game they will even double the devs budget to add and polish said games. In all an Indie can approach Sony and do a quick deal that allows them to start building the games, they have access to Sony's devs for a guiding hand or technical help if needed.

    Sony can have dozens of games finished in the time Nintendo are using arrogant processes when tbh they really dont need to treat massive devs with such behaviour.
    Had a quick look into this as didn't sound right to me. See links here and here

    In short, Wii U is the cheapest console for Indies to develop on. Nintendo pays for the unity license which is rumoured to cost around $10,000 for the consoles. It also allows indies to self-publish on the eshop.
    Last edited by blacknats; 03-09-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •