Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

PlayStation 1...

The console's changed a LOT over the years, and mostly for the better. I mean, it would've been dumb if Sony didn't modernize everything. However, a part of me still prefers the good old gameplay experience that I had as a kid (and many years later) with my PlayStation (one).

I'd kill for the PS4, of course, sure. But you know how it is. Anyone here a die-hard PS1 fanboy?

I don't think it's as much that I enjoy the old game-play experience as much as I recognize that there are good Original Playstation titles as well. I don't think it was a better era at all, it was a time when Resident Evil was borderline unplayable, Final Fantasy looked like I was playing Pokemon on the Game Boy, most wrestling games had no-depth whatsoever, but at the same-time, I loved Final Fantasy VII, I loved Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game, and I find myself urged to buy the high-definition editions of Resident Evil. I think the best way to look at it is that while graphics have went further than ever, creativity is always there, and it takes the right person.

OOF-Writing.com
    "Insert a super-cool and witty comment that will make them want to click your link here." - Sir Nikolai McCon's III.

I was, and always will be, a PlayStation die hard fanboy. Ever since I laid my hands on a PS1 controller, I knew that no other gaming console would ever suit me better. I have played a lot of classic games on the PS1 and I remember most of them by heart. It's nostalgic every time I think of them. My memories of playing the PS1 games are all good. Fortunately, I have an emulator. If I miss my PS1, I just use my emulator to play classic games.

The first Tony Hawk game was and still is probably my number game in the world. I couldn't believe the realism in that thing... well not the moves but the graphics !

Quote Originally Posted by skotrhythm View Post
    The first Tony Hawk game was and still is probably my number game in the world. I couldn't believe the realism in that thing... well not the moves but the graphics !
    Hmm, during its time, the graphics could be considered as realistic. But with today's standards, it no longer holds up. It was a pretty enjoyable game though and there were a lot of things to unlock and a lot of objectives to complete. The music was also amazing. I loved the soundtrack of the game and it pumped my blood up every time I played.

I agree I love the old game systems as well. They seem to always be fun and maybe the game play and the graphics are not up to today's standard I still love them. My grandson already has a model waiting for him and he is only one year old lol. I know he will love it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by skotrhythm View Post
    Really? I liked the fourth one most, personally.

OOF-Writing.com
    "Insert a super-cool and witty comment that will make them want to click your link here." - Sir Nikolai McCon's III.

No, i'm a die-hard PS2 fanboy. I see the PS1 as Sony's warmup act before their hammerblow of console-greatness!
    There were a lot of great titles on the PS1 but only a select-few are still unsurpassed. The rest were like the console itself; practice before the arrival of the big hitter.

I loved my PS1. I still go back and play it sometimes. Einhänder and Bushido Blade 2 are my favorite PS1 games.

I love the PS1 have the best historics in games and the best soundtracks old days playing my old PS1