Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I have cleared cache and never use bookmarks or keep a browser history, i am upto dat on everything Eclair suggested and its now worse. I am using ps3 atm and the only problem i have is it takes ages for some pages to load but last night when i signed in i got this warning, only this time it was flashing up everytime i loaded a page and not just at startup.
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks to Chronic Spender........

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Hunter View Post
    I keep encountering this when I log on at work. I use Norton on my personal computer but the antivirus software they use at my workplace keeps picking up Black Hole Exploits :/
    Get a better antivirus, run a malware scan. As long as your antivirus is picking up on the exploit existing, that means it hasn't been able to dump the payload on your computer. If you're not being warned about it, it's slipping past and infecting you.

General Forum Rules
    Ignorance is not an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Éclair View Post
    Get a better antivirus, run a malware scan. As long as your antivirus is picking up on the exploit existing, that means it hasn't been able to dump the payload on your computer. If you're not being warned about it, it's slipping past and infecting you.
    The minute that I was getting the threat, I turned off AVG because it was annoying me. My computer is a Windows XP that I have had since 2007 and I bought it used. So, it kinda sucks anyway.

OOF-Writing.com
    "Insert a super-cool and witty comment that will make them want to click your link here." - Sir Nikolai McCon's III.

Quote Originally Posted by McConnaughay View Post
    The minute that I was getting the threat, I turned off AVG because it was annoying me. My computer is a Windows XP that I have had since 2007 and I bought it used. So, it kinda sucks anyway.
    Must say though nothing much ever gets past Avg on my lappy.

VH i'd take Eclairs advice, i had paid for Mcafee and my dad Norton, both are awful and allow lots in. There are much better free options like AVG, Avast and Avira. Norton obviously isnt picking stuff up as Avg warns me every thread i enter, annoying but better its catching it.
    [/QUOTE]

In my experience, Norton and McAfee are both extremely intrusive programs. My mother's new laptop came preloaded with Norton, it locked down Internet Explorer in its entirety. That is to say, it allowed no web access because it considered the start page to have a virus. On a new laptop. As soon as I disabled it, I was able to access IE with no problems.

Norton is crap as hell.

General Forum Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Éclair View Post
    In my experience, Norton and McAfee are both extremely intrusive programs. My mother's new laptop came preloaded with Norton, it locked down Internet Explorer in its entirety. That is to say, it allowed no web access because it considered the start page to have a virus. On a new laptop. As soon as I disabled it, I was able to access IE with no problems.

Norton is crap as hell.
    Same with Macfee i had it preloaded and paid after the year ran out, it was ok because i understood firewall rules by then but it just got so annoying as it came with all sorts of browser tools as well. Every page i visited i got the "whoaaa this page has suspicious content", funny thing was it never did it on torrent sites lol.

Anyway i ditched it when Freeze told me about avg and i couldn't get rid of macafee, even after uninstall it left parts everywhere, it wouldn't allow me to delete folders with it in etc. Went online to find thousands of complaints about people not being fully rid after uninstall and found a way to do it but people are still having problems today. Norton is even worse as it was always letting stuff in, luckily i had spybot set up on my dads after a real nasty virus got in. I ran spybot and found my dad had 40 something viruses, trojans, backdoor and browser exploits, i really cant understand why people pay for these things tbh.
    [/QUOTE]

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    This really does appear to be rather random. I got the one warning when I popped in for the first time yesterday, and after that everything seemed ok. Now I am getting warnings every page, despite next to nothing having changed in the space of 24 hours.

Always seems to be the same type of infection too, so what exactly is going on I don't know. Would be nice to know if these warnings were something to really be concerned about, because given the issues we have had with hackers and the like, is rather worrying.

As long as you get the warning pop up, you're fine. That signifies your antivirus has detected a threat and taken steps to stop it accessing your computer; it'd be kinda useless if it were just saying "oh hey there's an infection here, and while you read this it's digging into your registry"

The specific hack is a custom-made kit so I don't really know what its functionality is right now; I can tell you it's not a cheap program though. Apparently a license for it (purchased illegally, of course) will run you $700 for a 3-month. They're made to-order by a bunch of Russians. Annoyingly I've been unable to find anything by looking through source codes, so I have no way of figuring out exactly what it's meant to do.

I'd put money on it being designed specifically to hit GF, though.

General Forum Rules

As long as you get the warning pop up, you're fine. That signifies your antivirus has detected a threat and taken steps to stop it accessing your computer; it'd be kinda useless if it were just saying "oh hey there's an infection here, and while you read this it's digging into your registry"

The specific hack is a custom-made kit so I don't really know what its functionality is right now; I can tell you it's not a cheap program though. Apparently a license for it (purchased illegally, of course) will run you $700 for a 3-month. They're made to-order by a bunch of Russians. Annoyingly I've been unable to find anything by looking through source codes, so I have no way of figuring out exactly what it's meant to do.

I'd put money on it being designed specifically to hit GF, though.

General Forum Rules

I think there isn't anything wrong with the forum at the moment, however the site may be blacklisted by your particular antivirus software due to it picking up a problem when there actually was one. It may be a case of waiting for the blacklisting to be removed over time, or I may request it to speed it along.