Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Im sure i've seen that Regio name somwhere, its not an add on is it as i use Firefox and am certain i've come across this before. Mine was on lappy again last night on every thread i went too, night before was the first time nothing popped up though.
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks to Chronic Spender........

Casual Long-Time Poster
    For the time being, before this can be fixed at a server level. You can increase your security against this "threat" by blocking the website at a DNS level.

What we are going to do is append the HOSTS file.

In Windows, this can be done by opening this with notepad:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\HOSTS

Go to the bottom of the file and add this code:

127.0.0.1 regio.bozinbeeld.nl
    127.0.0.1 www.bozinbeeld.nl

Save the file
    For other operating systems search in a search engine "[Your operating system] HOSTS file location"

Basic protection but will give you peace of mind if you are all getting alerts from this same web server. Personally, I have had no alerts.

Quote Originally Posted by kkid View Post
    For the time being, before this can be fixed at a server level. You can increase your security against this "threat" by blocking the website at a DNS level.

What we are going to do is append the HOSTS file.

In Windows, this can be done by opening this with notepad:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\HOSTS

Go to the bottom of the file and add this code:

127.0.0.1 regio.bozinbeeld.nl
    127.0.0.1 www.bozinbeeld.nl

Save the file
    For other operating systems search in a search engine "[Your operating system] HOSTS file location"

Basic protection but will give you peace of mind if you are all getting alerts from this same web server. Personally, I have had no alerts.
    Cheers KK most of us are getting them when we enter a thread or refresh its seriously annoying. I'll do mine asap cheers.
    [/QUOTE]

Casual Long-Time Poster
    Also, just because some of you may not want to trust a random internet forum guy for computer security and because I have nothing else to do, I'll explain what I told you all to do actually does in simple terms.

When you type in a URL or click a link in a web browser, the computer has to convert the text (e.g. google.com) into an IP address (e.g. 223.211.2.3). The natural language address, more or less, is irrelevant to a computer, it located websites via IP addresses only. Therefore, it needs a way of converting between the text and the numbers. The computer can do this in numerous ways, the main method being the use of a DNS (Domain Name Server). A DNS is basically a giant list of text addresses and IP addresses which enabled the computer to look up the required data.

A DNS is not the only method however. Contacting an external server (The DNS) is much slower than if the conversion could be done locally, say in a file on the local computer. Luckily, this is what the HOSTS file is. The HOSTS file is a list of these addresses and is checked before a DNS is contacted. This order of checks can be taken advantage of for security as I have recommended you do. What the two lines of code do is direct the two malicious web addresses (bozinbeld) to 127.0.0.1. 127.0.0.1 is your local computer. Therefore, whenever the request for the malicious website is requested, the computer will look in the HOSTS file and rather than actually contacting the real server, it will contact... itself!

Therefore, any malicious code on that web server will not be downloaded.

I think that explains it... maybe... :/

Note: This is NOT a substitute for anti-virus programs or other computer security practices.
    Last edited by kkid; 27-08-2013 at 10:25 PM.

Avast still shows the message after some days of doing not.

Long Gone
    Just a heads up. Recently I have getting messages that the malware that is here has been blocked sometimes even when not on GF. Thankfully it's being blocked but I just thought I'd warn people of it.

The Last True Gamer JudgeYohance's Avatar
    Likely just trying to protect you from my messages I send to you

My virus program caught a wiff of something too but auto blocked it. It looks to be just a cookie with a bad header but I am not sure.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, beat him with a fish and you have a youtube clip that lasts a lifetime."
    "He came out of the caves and declared, I AM YOHANCE, Hunter of SPAM!"
    GIFSoup

I am hoping for the same i guess.

Delete AVG is one big **** i've been very angry with this crap / Com raiva

Quote Originally Posted by MrBound View Post
    Delete AVG is one big **** i've been very angry with this crap / Com raiva
    Absolutely nothing wrong with avg and id rather it be querying something than not.

Mine has gone now but i have had that Regio thing pop up on a few things.
    [/QUOTE]