Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

AVG detects a threat on Games Forum

So I have AVG free for my computer, and lately everytime I load up a new forum page it says something about "Exploit Blackhole Exploit Kit" threat. It always says that it has removed the threat, but the little dialog box popping up every time I load a new page is getting annoying. Has this ever happened to anyone else? This is the only website that gives me this notification. Is it possibly coming from my end?

The site was recently hacked I believe, and I'd wager some leftover code is still showing up in the page cache. Clear your cache and cookies, that should solve it. Assuming that's even the issue; I have yet to encounter it, but since I haven't logged in or out in months, I haven't forced a reload.

General Forum Rules
    Ignorance is not an excuse.

Maybe The Persistent Daniel Lootosh might have been onto something, eh, who knows. I noticed it too. It kept coming up on my AVG, and I thought it was a problem on my own side of things.

OOF-Writing.com
    "Insert a super-cool and witty comment that will make them want to click your link here." - Sir Nikolai McCon's III.

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    I mentioned this several months ago, so it's not a new thing. Think I was the only one at the time who was getting warnings from visiting the site. To what extent the troubles lie though, I don't know.

Mines started doing it today as well :s

I just signed in and i have 5 of them all www.regio.bozinbeeld.nl/xwrnD4cH.php exploit black hole kit (type 2726)

Not good guys not good.
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks to Chronic Spender........

Not good indeed. I seem to have the same issue on my end here guys. Try clearing cache like someone mentioned up there. It resolved the issue for me! Thanks for the trick!

It's still hitting me, after purging my cache and all user-loaded data from the beginning of this browser's use. It also warns me while using Incognito mode, which it shouldn't as that automatically loads the most recent page cache, rather than one previously stored on the computer. Doing some reading up on the key aspects of the program used for this at the moment, and it appears to target core software that requires updating frequently. In other words, get your Java, Flash, and even your Windows updates racked up to the newest version, as that'll lock out the majority of the problems. I'll keep working on it and see if I can turn up anything more.

General Forum Rules
    Ignorance is not an excuse.

Same problem here...

I keep encountering this when I log on at work. I use Norton on my personal computer but the antivirus software they use at my workplace keeps picking up Black Hole Exploits :/