Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    I have two of these TV game toys, from the 1970's. Also the Atari 2600 pong

Banned
    I own a TV toy that has varations of Pong. Amazing.

I did play Pong about 20 years ago on a friend's Atari 2600, though i was rather unimpressed as at the time we were into Commodore Amiga gaming. It was just a trip down memory lane for him that we happened to be trying out his old console; i don't need to play it ever again.

As for if i'd be impressed if i were to experience it as my first ever video game in the modern age: Definitely not. Having seen movies like Jurassic Park and The Matrix (not to mention much more impressive later offerings), i'd be extremely non-plussed with such a simplistic approach as Pong to pass as a CG game in this era.

Wen i played pong wen i was little i thought it was quite a bit of fun, as i grew up i learned how to program & made quite a few pong alternatives on my commodore Amiga computer. But over the years I've come to the conclusion that pong is an irritating game. its down to wen the ball is bouncing at a sharp almost vertical angle & you are moving vertically towards it to try and hit it and it just slips by you almost like a fist of the north star air flying kick clash...except without the clash, just pure frustration as it hits the wall behind you and you swear you should've got it. So yeah that's my penny's worth, an annoying game, although this annoyance isn't as bad if you play it 2 player because then you both share the burden of annoyance lol.

Pong was actually the first 'video game' that i'm exposed to.

And hell yeah, I did get addicted to it. Sooo addictive. the feeling of taking control of something on screen.
    Welcome to My Kingdom