Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did you ever play Pong?

Hi there guys. I'd like to ask, did you ever try to play pong? It features two bars on the left and right sides of the screen and a moving dot which serves as a ball. The idea is to hit the ball and make the other side miss. Boring isn't it?

But, let's take for instance that you have never played a video game in your entire life. Then you played pong. Would you be amazed?

I think that just about everyone has played pong. If I were to have never played a video-game in my life and came across pong, would I be amazed? Nope, I feel like I'd be about as bored with it as I am now, I prefer Breakout.

OOF-Writing.com
    "Insert a super-cool and witty comment that will make them want to click your link here." - Sir Nikolai McCon's III.

Yes I did,
    Playing it in the pub when I was younger with someone was fun.
    Is it amazing by todays standards? Hell no but back in the day it was pretty damn cool.

But I to prefered and loved breakout lol

I definitely have and I think almost everyone on this forum would have played it at least once. If I was bored and it was the only option? Then yes, I would play it.
    Watch out for bridges and hop-ons; you're gonna get some hop-ons.

GF Member
    Yeah, I've had the pleasure a couple of times. One of the computers back in elementary school was so old, it had Pong installed on it. That's basically ancient.

I was not quite old enough when Pong first came out as an arcade game but i was old enough to remember when it came out on the Atari home console. At the time it was a revelation as it was pretty much the first game to come out commercially on home consoles, there had been nothing like it before so yes, it was amazing at the time.
    [CENTER]

Of course I played Pong...am I dating myself again by copping to that?

I have played Pong before. However I did not play it on the original machine. It was a program on an older version of a computer. I really do not remember what kind it was. It was a while ago...

I think it's interesting how even if pong is less exciting for us now than it was when it came out decades ago, it still has the potential to hold our interest in that annoyingly addictive way....It's a lot like how we spend hours playing simple 2D games like brickbreaker on our phones, even though we've experienced the 3D realism of the newest Halo and Zelda games. We get so into the level of realism in our games nowadays, but how much of our interest is just in the addiction to the activity? There's definitely something about gaming that draws you in regardless of the level of customization and control you have....

The Last True Gamer JudgeYohance's Avatar
    I not only played, I own four pong systems. Latest pickup was a Super Pong system with the box and manual. Amazing to think a system from 76 could still work like new. More amazing is that these old pong systems came with battery compartments and did not come with plugs (Often had to order them for extra).
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, beat him with a fish and you have a youtube clip that lasts a lifetime."
    "He came out of the caves and declared, I AM YOHANCE, Hunter of SPAM!"
    GIFSoup