Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How many accessories do we really need?

I see advertisements all the time for new systems with special game prints on cover, special cords, controllers, etc... I enjoy the game and the experience of relaxation I derive from it. I want good quality but when is it all just too much? Do we need all the extras? I see a lot of things I want for my Xbox but will it truly make my game experience better? what are some opinions on this?

Press X To Rescue Orphans Ride the Walrus's Avatar
    It's not about making your experience better, just making them a quick buck. As far as I'm aware, once you've got your console, a controller etc, you don't need anything else. Like those custom face prints for the front of xbox's, and all that crap. I do despise the idea of DLC though, particularly day one DLC.
    Died Wearing A Purple Jacket.

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Honey, I ****ed the kids

Well you have to consider all of the broken or damaged equipment. Some people legitimately need some of these accessories and devices. Can't tell you how many broken headsets I've had or how many broken controllers my angry friend has had to replace. In the end though a large part of the reason why there is so much crap is the money factor, like my buddy above me said.

I have often wondered if it did all boil down to the money factor. Thanks for the input. What do you think about the Ds cables? Are they really needed?

The only kind of peripheral that invest any of my cash into is a steering wheel set up. Other than that everything else seems pretty pointless.

I am agreeing a lot with Nub_Cannon today. I remember the only thing I wanted for my old xbox was a steering wheel with a stick-shift for Colin Mcrae and RallySport. It was essential. Anything else, seems useless if you have a controllers already. Unless you need a headset to communicate for online gaming experience. That would be essential too.

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    The only accessory I care for is my Play and Charge Kit. Besides that I don't see much of a point getting anything else, be it a fighting joypad, steering wheel, extra cables, fancy covers for your console, anything.

I'd rather just save up my money for the games themselves, as I don't believe any of those extras would provide value for money, or real additional enjoyment. Rather like buying clothes and things for your avatar, all a bit needless in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by colfgg View Post
    I am agreeing a lot with Nub_Cannon today. I remember the only thing I wanted for my old xbox was a steering wheel with a stick-shift for Colin Mcrae and RallySport. It was essential. Anything else, seems useless if you have a controllers already. Unless you need a headset to communicate for online gaming experience. That would be essential too.
    I wish I could have the a steering wheel set up with the racing seat, shifter and clutch. It's so awesome to race with a set up like that, but man is it expensive. That would probably be the most expensive peripheral but it definitely be worth it.

You know what? All I need is a controller. I no longer long to use any other gaming accessory. It's just a waste of money if you ask me. I'm more of a traditional gamer now. I just want to sit in front of the TV with my controller at hand, nothing more, nothing less. That's pure gaming for me.

Quote Originally Posted by lindbergh View Post
    You know what? All I need is a controller. I no longer long to use any other gaming accessory. It's just a waste of money if you ask me. I'm more of a traditional gamer now. I just want to sit in front of the TV with my controller at hand, nothing more, nothing less. That's pure gaming for me.
    RESPECT! that's how i role too ^_^