Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2D games that looked/would look bad in 3D

Hello guys. There are a lot of games today that have been based on 2D games of the past. Some were a vast improvement over the past. Let's take for instance Metal Gear Solid - a game that transitioned from 2D to 3D perfectly. But can you think of games that do not look cool or would not work well on 3D?

Angry Birds wouldn't be so nice in 3D. I think it would look rather awkward.

Hahaha I can't help but agree with Nub_Cannon. I think the Gameboy versions of Pokemn would also look weird. I am just so used to this bird's eye view. I am wondering how they could pull it off...

Quote Originally Posted by colfgg View Post
    Hahaha I can't help but agree with Nub_Cannon. I think the Gameboy versions of Pokemn would also look weird. I am just so used to this bird's eye view. I am wondering how they could pull it off...
    You need to see the new Pokemon for the 3ds. It looks awesome with cell shaded 3d graphics. What about the stickman games for mobile? That would definitely look weird if put in 3d. Also, do you remember Contra: Legacy of War for the PS 1? I think that sucked.

Angry Birds in 3D sounds like something I'd need an aspirin to get through, lol.

The 2D Monkey Islands work much better than the later 3D ones.

There is a 3D Monkey Island?

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfish View Post
    There is a 3D Monkey Island?
    Yes, two of them.

Both Curse of, and Tales Of Monkey Island are 3D.

the indie game LIMBO... imagine it in 3D...

The Sonic games were one of the worst transitions into 3D ever, and it worked so well in 2D...
    I blame that transition for Sonic's and consequently Sega's downfall.