Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by willo745 View Post
    i certainly wouldn't want to pay 50 pound a year just to be able to play my games online, they didn't give you anything to sweeten the deal either. It may have party chat etc but was it worth 50 pound more than Sony's online?...No
    It has never cost 50. And the 12 month cards cost around 30 now. So for the 50-70p a week, Xbox Live was definitely worth it. But since PS+ and the instant games thing, Sony definitely have the upper hand. And is one of the main reasons I am switching.

Quote Originally Posted by Vest Guy View Post
    It has never cost 50. And the 12 month cards cost around 30 now. So for the 50-70p a week, Xbox Live was definitely worth it. But since PS+ and the instant games thing, Sony definitely have the upper hand. And is one of the main reasons I am switching.
    Dont really care if im a tenner out it used to cost 49 pound at the start, now i dont know nor care tbh but charging to play your games online is wrong as most devs use their own servers anyway so all your really getting is x party chat etc which is a joke anyway. If they had threw games etc in then fair enough but they didn't. Is Sony's service much worse than live? No because again most devs use their own servers so 360 really is no better than psn in those cases.
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks to Chronic Spender........

I would pay to play online all day if I get a better service. Party chat is not a joke if you like talking to people, I would happily pay 50p a week to talk to my friends whilst gaming. I probably wouldn't game half as much without party chat.

You even stated yourself ''now at the end of the ps3's life i can see things becoming slower as the servers are full so if they have to charge to make it better then fair enough''. - Something which at the end of the 360's life, I have not noticed.

Maybe the PSN would not have been hacked in the past if they would have invested and charged for a better service too. Just a thought.

I had an Xbox 360 first and I was cursed with the red ring, so I got a ps3. I also liked that I didn't have to pay for multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnMadness View Post
    I had an Xbox 360 first and I was cursed with the red ring, so I got a ps3. I also liked that I didn't have to pay for multiplayer.
    Yeah, funny story, in a dead inside sort-of way, the very first week that I got my Xbox 360, it was probably about three, maybe four years ago, and anyway, I left it on unattended for about an hour because of whatever reason, and I came back to find it had shut itself on, and no longer had the ability to turn on. Luckily, I had a warranty and got a replacement, if not, I'd have been wrapped Bill Gates in plastic, sliced their cheek, stab them in the chest, cut them into pieces, and drive a boat to Miami to get rid of his body.

OOF-Writing.com
    "Insert a super-cool and witty comment that will make them want to click your link here." - Sir Nikolai McCon's III.

The Gotei 13's Psychopath Hyunshi's Avatar
    Just like Vest, if Party Chat didn't exist on the 360 I think my online gaming would of been non-existant, which is pretty much the case with the PS3 right now. I have no reason to play online with anyone even if I have the games to do so like Call Of Duty etc, I hate game chat with a passion but that's right now the only way to talk to more than one person at a time which is really annoying, so I stand with him in saying I'd willingly spend the amount they ask for to have xbox live, cause it actually made me get more out of games I never would without it, which is sort of the problem I have with the PS3. I changed to Sony cause Microsoft were starting to get ridiculous (Not in what they charged but in the fact of how they dealt with a few problems I had and also the xbox one thing which was ridiculous, though by the time they reversed it I was already under way on my PSN account so didn't bother changing back), but to me xbox live was worth it and still is, PS3 might have free games which gives them the upper hand, but at the same time Party Chat is a must when playing online, unfortunately the PS3 not having it means I hardly even play online games.

XBL used to be a superior online service when compared to PSN, but as it stands they're near equal in performance, and features. Were PSN downloads faster than it would be equal if not better than XBL albeit marginally.

As for my decision choosing the PS3 over the 360 it was a matter of exclusives and free online. I understood they're now charging for a premium on the PS4 which while I'm not happy about it I'll be sticking with SONY.

Well I had a Playstation and a Playstation 2 so due to the good experience that I had with those two consoles I decided to take the Playstation 3 , also because PSN and multiplayer was free as opposed on the xbox 360. Now I am a PC-only gamer though.

Was cheaper at the time where I live so, the thrift obsessor in me said, why not? I never regretted it, though, when the ps4 was announced a few months after I felt quite stupid.

I preferred the PS3 than others because of the awesome exclusive titles it has (e.g The Uncharted Series, Siren: Blood Curse ( I luv horror games hahaz)). Also, it has blu-ray - BETTER GRAPHICS!!! and it can play a lot of games from playstations from the previous generation. ( I wanna play my old games man!!!)