Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What were the great games on the Sega Saturn?

I've never played a Sega Saturn in my life. I've always been a PS1 guy and a little bit of N64 on the side. So, I'm curious as to what the Sega Saturn offered during the day. Is there anybody here who has played a Sega Saturn first hand and tell what the great games on the system were?

Quote Originally Posted by lindbergh View Post
    I've never played a Sega Saturn in my life. I've always been a PS1 guy and a little bit of N64 on the side. So, I'm curious as to what the Sega Saturn offered during the day. Is there anybody here who has played a Sega Saturn first hand and tell what the great games on the system were?
    I have a few games for the Saturn but not a massive fan, Nights probably being the best and most acclaimed. The Panzer Dragoon games are also pretty sweet, though really imo clearly bettered by Sin and Punishment 1/2 on the n64 and Wii respectively.

The prices aren't great on ebay, as there's not too many available.

Nights, Panzer Dragoon series, Sega Rally, Worldwide Soccer, Alone in the Dark, Sim City 2000, WWF Wrestlemania, WWF In Your House, Virtua Fighter 2, Shining Force 3, Shenmue..

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfish View Post
    Nights, Panzer Dragoon series, Sega Rally, Worldwide Soccer, Alone in the Dark, Sim City 2000, WWF Wrestlemania, WWF In Your House, Virtua Fighter 2, Shining Force 3, Shenmue..
    Whoa... Ive heard of Sega Rally and Panzer Dragoon and other games. I also heard that there was a great Magic Knight Rayearth game on the system. But I never thought that Shenmue was also released for the Sega Saturn...

Guardian Heroes is a must have. As for others not mentioned in the thread, Burning Rangers is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by lindbergh View Post
    Whoa... Ive heard of Sega Rally and Panzer Dragoon and other games. I also heard that there was a great Magic Knight Rayearth game on the system. But I never thought that Shenmue was also released for the Sega Saturn...
    It wasn't. I think perhaps Jellyfish doesn't know the difference between the Saturn and Dreamcast,

General Forum Rules
    Ignorance is not an excuse.

GF Member
    Saturn Bomberman, Nights into Dreams, Blazing Dragons

Sega Rally, Worldwide Soccer, Alone in the Dark, Sim City 2000

5x Pokemon Champion JoshPlaySomething's Avatar
    Virtual Hydlide!

Legend of Dragoon 1 and 2 were fantastic (Saga sucked though :/). Virtua Fighter 1&2 were too :P Spent so many hours on those four games. NiGHTS into dreams, but that's already been said. Virtua Cop definitely worth a mention too!