Looking to beef up my 3DS collection!

Hello everyone, was wondering if I could get some assistance. I am going away this Friday for a few weeks and I won't have access to my PC or consoles. I figured this is a good chance to buy a 3DS game since I currently only own Pokemon X/Y. I am looking for something that will keep me busy for a while, something that has a very interesting story. I was looking to purchase Ocarina of Time 3DS but when checking the Gamestop website it says the game is still $40. I've never really been a big fan of Zelda but always wanted to give the series a try. I'm willing to spend $40 but first I wanted to see if there was maybe something else I could get for a lower price. So if you guys could help give me some suggestions it would be truly appreciated. I'm open to almost anything. Thank you in advance!

Hard, pipe-hitting nigga Lootosh's Avatar
    I know a lot of people rate the new Animal Crossing highly.
    Though I've not got a 3DS so *shrugs*
    I wish I loved the human race
    I wish I loved its silly face,
    I wish I liked the way it walks; I wish I liked the way it talks,
    And when I'm introduced one, I wish I thought 'What jolly fun!'

Quote Originally Posted by Lootosh View Post
    I know a lot of people rate the new Animal Crossing highly.
    Though I've not got a 3DS so *shrugs*
    Animal Crossing : New Leaf is great, you'll definitively get a lot of hours of fun out of it.

If you wanna get into the Zelda series, I can't recommend A Link Between Worlds enough. It's the newest one in the series, came out late last year, and people who really know the series say it's one of the best Zelda games to date. My only previous experience with Zelda was about 3 hours of Ocarina of Time (which is also great on the 3DS), and A Link Between Worlds has really gotten me interested in other Zelda games.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide View Post
    Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
    Tied for Funniest Member of 2013

I recently received a Nintendo 3DS from a friend, wouldn't cough up the coin to buy one myself. Basically, a local Wal-Mart was closing up shop and relocating, so everything was marked down, he bought a couple DS' for like $50, took one to a pawn store and hawked it, and gave me the other. (He already had one.) Anyways, buy Shovel Knight. It's good. -_-

(I know this thread is old, but Shovel Knight is also old, and also good. Get it.)

OOF-Writing.com
    "Insert a super-cool and witty comment that will make them want to click your link here." - Sir Nikolai McCon's III.

It's never too late to reply to an old thread! I recently got back into 3DS gaming when I bought a New 3DSXL a few months ago, and a few new games with it. I also have Shovel Knight and it's a lot of fun, it's just too bad I suck so much at it. I grew up with a PS1, not NES or SNES, so I've never been good at super hard 2D platformers. I do however recognize that it's a great game.

I've been playing a bit of Animal Crossing: New Leaf, a game very close to my heart. I simply love it. There's also Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright which is fantastic and a great introduction into the franchise for me, as well as Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, a port of a Wii game exclusive to the N3DS which works surprisingly well on the system. Really fun game.

I really wanna get Hyrule Warriors: Legends and Kirby: Planet Robobot next while i patiently wait for Pokemon Sun & Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide View Post
    Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
    Tied for Funniest Member of 2013