Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I bought a Wii U and I got ZombieU for it and so far I've barely played it. As a matter of fact, trying to trade it for a PS4 now. I love Nintendo but they just don't have many good offerings yet.

EDIT:
    Totally agree with the price of the games. Only reason I've kept it this long is my Wii U is still on the ORIGINAL software update from when it first came out. I've been waiting for a backup mod but no luck yet.

"Resolve says, I will. I will climb this mountain. They told me it is too high, too far, too steep, too rocky, and too difficult. But it's my mountain. I will climb it. You will soon see me waving from the top or dead on the side from trying." - Jim Rohn

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Éclair View Post
    That doesn't fill me with confidence. Iwata says that a price cut isn't currently in the scope of the console, and he wants to focus on more games/applications developed specifically for the Wii U gamepad rather than the console proper. This summer they're releasing a firmware update to add a quick-start menu to the gamepad, as well as adapting DS titles to the Virtual Console.

He says the core sales this year will be from Mario Kart 8, which has been pushed back to a May release. He wants to breathe more life into the 3DS, but doesn't say how, aside from constant references to Angry Birds and PazuDora, which makes me think "breathe life into" actually means "get lots of cellphone games onto it". He also keeps alluding to Nintendo "being hard(core)" now.

It appears (I'm not...entirely sure, I don't quite understand what he means) that he wants to reduce the price of games. He seems to say that if games were $30 instead of $50 a consumer who only bought 1 game a year before would buy 2-3 a year.

And here's the bit I've been saying they need to do for a long time now

"Additionally, in the past Nintendo had a rich tradition of character IPs, and we want to use them more in the future. At the moment, IPs are risky and can be damaging." (paraphrased and translated because my brain is ****ed atm)

The next page is basically preening, talking about his time as company president and comparing his time there to that of Yamauchi, as well as some vague allusions to improving the quality of life from Nintendo in general. No real ideas on how to do so, though. Near the end of page 4 he talks about healthy gaming, such as Wii Fit and Cooking Navi, and how they help to open up the world of gaming to a wider audience.

Finally, he talks about "an announcement" in 2014 regarding Nintendo's business practices, and "a project" in 2015-2016 that will completely change the business model(?). I don't understand what that means.
    Completely agree with Mist here. Granted I only had a quick read of that, and through Google translator, but the general jist of what I'm reading seriously doesn't, and shouldn't, fill many people with a huge degree of confidence.

If you ask me, they realise they are severely struggling, and understand that the WiiU sales figures are terrible, but I just don't get the impression they truly understand why, thus meaning they aren't going to be tackling the key issues, rather focusing on things that in the long term.... well or short term for that matter, really aren't going to make a huge positive difference.

The only good news I've seen that people seem to be impressed by, (and this shouldn't be a big surprise), is when people spotted Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary was free on eShop. Nintendo really are going to have an awful lot of work to turn things around, and judging from this link, not sensing it will happen.

Can't remember the last time i saw an advert for the WiiU on tv, difficult to sell something if the general populace (which, despite their preference of wanting to target the hardcore market, is the only market likely to buy this thing in large numbers) is still ignorant of your product.
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Can't remember the last time i saw an advert for the WiiU on tv, difficult to sell something if the general populace (which, despite their preference of wanting to target the hardcore market, is the only market likely to buy this thing in large numbers) is still ignorant of your product.
    This seems to have been their biggest problem for a good while now, everyone thought it was just some sort of add-on to the original Wii. Before christmas in my local shopping center there was loads of ads for it everywhere, a big stall in the middle of the place with loads of Wii Us to play and people dressed as Mario and Sonic, it was good and was packed full of people playing the games, even in all the game shops in the town there was a load of cardboard cut outs and the like. I thought that was a sign of them stepping the marketing up, but i've seen nothing since christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse the Legend View Post
    Completely agree with Mist here. Granted I only had a quick read of that, and through Google translator, but the general jist of what I'm reading seriously doesn't, and shouldn't, fill many people with a huge degree of confidence.

If you ask me, they realise they are severely struggling, and understand that the WiiU sales figures are terrible, but I just don't get the impression they truly understand why, thus meaning they aren't going to be tackling the key issues, rather focusing on things that in the long term.... well or short term for that matter, really aren't going to make a huge positive difference.

The only good news I've seen that people seem to be impressed by, (and this shouldn't be a big surprise), is when people spotted Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary was free on eShop. Nintendo really are going to have an awful lot of work to turn things around, and judging from this link, not sensing it will happen.
    You and I can both understand exactly what is wrong and what steps should be taken to tackle this. However, as somebody who has been working in a Japanese corporation for over a year and a half, I have to come across Nintendo's strategy every day at work. Generally speaking, Japanese businesses tend to do the same sh*t every year and expect their customers to be satisfied. As a nationalist society, people in Japan seem to have hidden complaints about poor products, but 'learn to live with it' because they're supporting Japanese businesses and hope that it'll turn around in a few years, regardless of how much money it'll cost them in the long run. And remember, the respectability of a company is insanely important to Japanese people, and Nintendo is regarded as in incredibly respectable and reputable company in Japan, so people will invest and support their business during their mistakes.

That being said, international consumers will evaluate the immediate products they produce and if they're unsatisfied by a poor product, they won't buy it. Nintendo's past reputation is almost completely irrelevant internationally. This complete different mindset bedazzles Nintendo and they find it hard to comprehend, thus why they're shocked by it's poor sales overseas. Why could the WiiU possibly be a flop when the people of Japan "love it" so much? Ignorance is bliss in Japan, but when you're trying to sell internationally, cultural differences must be observed. Unfortunately for Nintendo, this lack of understanding has cost them billions upon billions of yen.

By Fink000

~Knock on the Sky and Listen to the Sound~