Registration Issues

So far, we have two GameLair members that have tried to join and failed. One says he put the correct answer to the silkworm question (silk) and it said it was wrong. Another said she went through registration as normal but then when she was about done it gave her a message that spammers weren't allowed on the forum and wouldn't complete the registration.

What can we do about this?
    Last edited by Syracix; 30-01-2014 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Clarification

"Resolve says, I will. I will climb this mountain. They told me it is too high, too far, too steep, too rocky, and too difficult. But it's my mountain. I will climb it. You will soon see me waving from the top or dead on the side from trying." - Jim Rohn

I don't know about the former, but the latter could be a few reasons. Sometimes email addresses are auto-blocked as potential spammers, maybe ask him to try a different email address. Similarly, it could be his IP address is blacklisted as a potential spammer. I don't know what could be done about that.

General Forum Rules
    Ignorance is not an excuse.

She tried a second email of mine, no go. Could we try whitelisting her IP? Just in case there is an ub3r h4ck3r looking over my shoulder though, I'd rather not post her IP in public. Who can I PM?

"Resolve says, I will. I will climb this mountain. They told me it is too high, too far, too steep, too rocky, and too difficult. But it's my mountain. I will climb it. You will soon see me waving from the top or dead on the side from trying." - Jim Rohn

http://www.gamesforum.com/member.php?u=12930

CW's the main active admin, I think he'd be the one capable of doing that.

General Forum Rules
    Ignorance is not an excuse.

Thanks so much.

EDIT:
    Apparently only one registration is allowed per IP. I offered to create the accounts for my friends if they sent me their emails and desired username. I was going to set a generic password and they could each change it from there.

I got the same message about spammers. So apparently these two have already had accounts made on their IP.
    Last edited by Syracix; 30-01-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    We've had a whole multitude of spammers and the like in recent months, if not the past year, so I know our Admin were doing a fair bit behind the scenes with things like signing up procedures, to try and prevent that somewhat, so perhaps your friends have accidentally got muddled up with that, not sure.

Hope you get it sorted though.

I am not a GameLair member but I was able to register successfully.

admin
    it may not be the ip but the domain name of the email address used. Ive pmed you to discuss it further