Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

I knew a couple of us have got this and I thought I would be neat if we had a thread on it. Having just picked up the game and spending hours installing it I can say it's a good amount of fun.

If you wanna play with me you'll find me (and a couple of other GF members) over on Chaos - Moogle.

Character name: Radical Awesome

Press X To Rescue Orphans Ride the Walrus's Avatar
    I've been toying with the idea of this for a while, now it's been out a while, how is it?
    Died Wearing A Purple Jacket.

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Honey, I ****ed the kids

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    Good thinking Raw. I had a feeling this game would be pretty good fun, but never realised it would be this addictive, and whilst it will cost people to buy the game, you do get a 30 day free trial, which I assure everyone is well worth it alone.

Would be nice if we could get a few people together to form a party for some dungeons or raids when people get that far, but even just wandering around at the same time is still fun. Plus the Moogle server is one that tends to be slightly less populated than others, so from a lag point of view, I've not come across any.

My character is Vyse Moonlight, so feel free to friend request me anyone, though don't have a mic I'm afraid, (can't be bothered to get one for PS3).

Quote Originally Posted by Ride the Walrus View Post
    I've been toying with the idea of this for a while, now it's been out a while, how is it?
    I was a lot like you, I wasn't too sure on whether I should get this or not. I love MMOs but after Defiance I wasn't so keen on the idea of getting ARR. luckily I got it for my birthday instead and after hours of installing I'd say it's definitely one of the better console MMOs out there. The only problems I really have is the interface can be a little overwhelming at first to what's going on in the screen, but you get used to it.

Press X To Rescue Orphans Ride the Walrus's Avatar
    I want it, but I'm getting a PS4 soon so it seems a bit off to buy this
    Died Wearing A Purple Jacket.

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Honey, I ****ed the kids

Not really Walrus, as you can buy the Ps3 version now for about 8, and then switch to the PS4 version for free when it's released on it in April.

I agree with Raw, the interface can be a bit confusing, and personally I seem to struggle targeting when there are multiple enemies, gets a bit of a cluster ****. But so long as you can find enough to keep you busy, (there's plenty to do, but some people might bored of hunts, crafting, and the like after a while), it's well worth it I would say.

Plus I've only played on my own, so if you could play with anyone you knew, especially starting around the same time, you could muck around together and stuff.

Another problem I had was the game starts at a snails pace with the tutorial. It's useful stuff but I've played many MMOs before and learnt the ins and outs way faster than this.

I am eying the PS4 as well. The model seems to be pretty great. The pricing however is still over the top but i am hoping that i would get worth of my each penny spent.

Ok pre-warning to those who are nearing the level 15-20 mark, (well depending on how much you have trained up). When you get to a stage where you are told to visit the La Noscea guildmaster, and then onto the Sastasha dungeon, this is where you will be forced into a dungeon raid with others, which upon completion you'll have to do two more to continue the story.

I only say this because whilst my first dungeon raid went well, the second was full of idiots, one who tried to boss the others around, and another who just ran off and did whatever they wanted. So if you can, either try asking some of us in here to help, or at least people you perhaps know than strangers, as otherwise you might spend over half an hour just sighing like I did.

Besides that though, they appear rather fun, just certainly not very beginner friendly, as you are more or less stuck following people who instantly run from a to b, expecting you to follow and help.

I've got it, but hardly touch it. It's a great game, but I've no one to play it with.