Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I blame the inactivity on social networking and smartphones/tablets. Most people would rather stick to Facebook or whatever on some gaming related page than search and sign up for some separate site. Smartphones further encourage that behavior by giving them a platform to use Facebook (most phones I've found have the Facebook app pre-installed) wherever they want, rather than sitting at home/work on a laptop/desktop on some other site.

The forum was quite active when I joined. I noticed the forum began to die, thread wise, when the Chat box was put on (pretty sure the chat box wasn't there originally anyway). Now the chat box is dead, and the forum itself is worse.

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    The real problem was, and still is, that so few people actually post. Yes it's not as if everyone is going to reach spam level of posts as I have, or even feel like posting anything everyday, but there were SOOOO many times when good threads, even simple ones anyone could participate in, and usually 80% of people wouldn't.

So when more regular members visited they continued to find less and less new posts/threads, making it easier to stay away from here. I'm sure the same applies to new members. Very few ever actually stay for one reason or another, those who do, leave straight away because they have little to often keep them here, and so repeats this cycle.

Add to that the recent hacking/spam issues, and just a general lack of interest from many quarters, and this has led to the forum the way it is. I've seen many other websites that are half the man-power we once had, and certainly not as attractive on the eye, but they have dedicated people who love to post, and that in turn makes others want too, thus making them strive. People have simply just moved on from doing that here.

Been missing hacking again thought we got rid of those wannabe's, its not even hacking lol.

Why was forum down before?....couldnt sign in on either ps3 or lappy.
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks to Chronic Spender........

Press X To Rescue Orphans Ride the Walrus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vest Guy View Post
    The forum was quite active when I joined. I noticed the forum began to die, thread wise, when the Chat box was put on (pretty sure the chat box wasn't there originally anyway). Now the chat box is dead, and the forum itself is worse.
    chatbox was always there fella, CW used to take it off sometimes to see if activity improved elsewhere, but it never did much.
    Died Wearing A Purple Jacket.

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Honey, I ****ed the kids

Quote Originally Posted by Zanesis View Post
    I blame the inactivity on social networking and smartphones/tablets. Most people would rather stick to Facebook or whatever on some gaming related page than search and sign up for some separate site. Smartphones further encourage that behavior by giving them a platform to use Facebook (most phones I've found have the Facebook app pre-installed) wherever they want, rather than sitting at home/work on a laptop/desktop on some other site.
    I blame it on the administrators not advertising the website, surprisingly, people don't come to a forum on namesake alone. As I've said, they probably have more important things to worry about, but quite frankly, you get out of something what you put into it, at least in this case.

OOF-Writing.com
    "Insert a super-cool and witty comment that will make them want to click your link here." - Sir Nikolai McCon's III.

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    Ok maybe hacking wasn't the right word haha, but even today I tried accessing the forum and after 5 mins of trying, just gave up after seeing constant error messages.

I'm sure the forum still has some problems in the background, sure a lot of that spam nonsense that infested the place for months was finally dealt with, but that prevented so many people from joining for months. Following that was when big things were promised, and a few of us were quite excited. Needless to say, kind of figured this would again be how things turned out.

Hard, pipe-hitting nigga Lootosh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McConnaughay View Post
    I blame it on the administrators not advertising the website, surprisingly, people don't come to a forum on namesake alone. As I've said, they probably have more important things to worry about, but quite frankly, you get out of something what you put into it, at least in this case.
    Aye, advertising's expensive though.
    I still think of members were to mention the forum on gaming profiles and the like, it would help traffic.
    I wish I loved the human race
    I wish I loved its silly face,
    I wish I liked the way it walks; I wish I liked the way it talks,
    And when I'm introduced one, I wish I thought 'What jolly fun!'

Quote Originally Posted by Lootosh View Post
    Aye, advertising's expensive though.
    I still think of members were to mention the forum on gaming profiles and the like, it would help traffic.
    I have run forums before, in-fact, I did for about five years, and while they never achieved the popularity of this forum at its peak, they were almost always a sizable amount more active then this forum is at the moment. I never spent a cent, rather, I advertised using some of the many free promotional forums available, social-networking, and things of that nature. If we were to pay for advertising, that would be even better, but it's still doable without money. It's just a lot more effort.

OOF-Writing.com
    "Insert a super-cool and witty comment that will make them want to click your link here." - Sir Nikolai McCon's III.

Hard, pipe-hitting nigga Lootosh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McConnaughay View Post
    I have run forums before, in-fact, I did for about five years, and while they never achieved the popularity of this forum at its peak, they were almost always a sizable amount more active then this forum is at the moment. I never spent a cent, rather, I advertised using some of the many free promotional forums available, social-networking, and things of that nature. If we were to pay for advertising, that would be even better, but it's still doable without money. It's just a lot more effort.
    I didn't know that was possible. Though you're now giving me ideas
    I wish I loved the human race
    I wish I loved its silly face,
    I wish I liked the way it walks; I wish I liked the way it talks,
    And when I'm introduced one, I wish I thought 'What jolly fun!'