Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    I hate Nerds Rawgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Intergalactic Treehouse
    Posts
    3,576
    *Cracks fingers, this is in need of serious work.

    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    King K-Rool was the beast, also he is an animal, and a reptile, that was muscle all over his body. The entire Kremling army was badarse as well. Also those are not his friends, those are his minions. The Kremlings practically owned the island, here and there waging war against the Beavers ( as cited in the games manual ). However they failed and formed Crocadile isle.
    They came back to take over, and one of the last things they did, was take DK's Banana's to show their supremacy over the island, aside taking over areas were humans were once, long ago.
    I'm sure if you asked anyone who played DKC or any DK game for that matter nobody really cares for the story. An evil group of animals does something bad, Monkeys go sort it out. If you were looking for a videogame story to grip your teeth into DKC would probably be one of the lasts thing on the list. Unless you're talking about the TV series, then God help you.

    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    The Gameboy game ( the real sequel ) did it all over again, but I think it involved a goat, and I believed Cranky gave away his hoard to teach him a lesson. It took place on the otherside of DKC island. They had the massive, and impressive big ape city, sky levels that blew your mind, and even the mountains and snow levels.
    You love the lore of DKC so much you're not too sure what happens in "the real sequel".

    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    This game also introduced the hear system.
    ....What?

    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    The third ( second ) game, led you to the Crocodile core, where they still wanted revenge, against DK. I mean it was umber, badarss insane, biblical.
    Again, you seem to make something out of nothing. Also didn't you say you hated The Last of US for it's plot? Yet you can go for days blabbering on about how great the storyline to DKC is.

    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    The final SNES game took us down the bay area, and coral reefs of the island, AKA Bear country. So many interesting bosses, super messed up enemies, bear jokes, and even vehicles.
    But what about the ever-so-important story?

    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    DKC series was biblical, was awesome, and had all of that. I mean it. It was a beaut, a gem, crazy fantastic game. The new games ( abusing the name ) has something but not what DK has. It looks terrible compared to the real DKC games, and the game is practically unplayable and has no logic to it.
    I'm sorry but how the hell is Returns/Tropical Freeze unplayable? Returns had that questionable waggle stuff but it certainly wasn't unplayable. It's not like you're playing Sonic 06 or Superman 64 (which you probably think is good as it's the classics and therefore it must be good).

    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    The first game, they made had a bunch of masks, who brainwashed all of the animals, not to mention, somehow the masks have their own ships ( which makes no sense ).
    Again, overthinking about the story way too much.

    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    The second game is more or less the same thing, but this is no brainwashing empire. From my understanding the original DKC2, had a seal friend, and in the DKN64 game it shows that seals are living on the island, which makes sense. Made no sense for animals to come and turn the island into a winter wonderland.
    If we're going by the whole "there were good seal so why are these seals bad?" thing then must I remind you that a quarter of the Bosses from Donkey Kong Jungle Beat were evil Monkeys? Not every seal is your friend pal, that's a bit racist if you think all seals are the same to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    To make things short, DKC 1-3 has everything DKWii-WiiU had but did it better. The island is not the island they live on, their are animals from Africa, and not from the island. Your animal
    buddies are not even used.
    Maybe they went to other islands to add variety? Also there were animal friends in Returns/Tropical Freeze, which leads me to believe you never really played them. Which makes me wonder if you're opinion is actually valid or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    DK64 had things going for it. I love how RARE tried to give the realistic experience of a whole DKC island. But they also kinda, made it incomplete. I love the Kremlings floating lair, while the lair is just as lame as the island, that is forgivable. The cut scenes was nice, but they were not needed so much, including the "Claw" voice. The bosses were terrible, in most cases, and I think "Tiny KOng" boss was probably the most original and most best boss, and even that was bad. What I am trying to say is that DK64 had and have lots of replay value, but when your ultimate ending, is you taking turns with each character, to fight K-Rool, inside a boxing arena, it kinda made the entire Kremling army look like a bad joke. If you think the Cartoon was bad, the entire army is bad. They never took the time to recreate the ZINGERS at all. They just took the dead ones, and put mechanical parts on them. That is how poor they are. Even the wind-up Kremlings were lame. Yes you had robo-Kremling, who had to keep winding itself up.
    I'm pretty sure you opinion of "badass" is wrong as well. The Kremlings serve as underlings to King K Rool, they are as disposable as a Goomba is to Bowser. Kremlings in DKC die with one bonk on the head, how exactly is that "badass"? At least in DK64 they had the personality of comedic grunts which in turn gave them a little charm. Rather than just grunting placeholder sprites for enemies in DKC. The only time a Kremling as ever been "badass" is in Mario Strikers Charged where he can potentially block 6 completely steal footballs from scoring a goal, all rapid firing at him at high speeds. That's badass in my book.

    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    About Banjo, if you have notice the buddy riding in DKWiiX, it is more or less reflecting Banjoa-Tooie. Same exact idea. Banjo is a great big giant game, with a bunch of potty mouth critters. The only way to get the true ending ( what bad ending, ending ), is by dying somewhere towards the end of the game. I guess they kinda hid that, otherwise it would have been edited. I mean Banjo is everything that DK64 could have been, but instead turned into that "Some random dumb, videogame with a bunch of furry, childrens TV show characters game".
    Imagine if Banjo Kazooie had a beach level, a Jungle stage, and something else. I mean it practically does have that, but. Also Rareware practically through Banjo around in the GBA and X-box game.
    At this point you're not even making sense. You're just spouting words to me. I never asked you to compare Banjo to DK64, but I'm just saying it's pointless to compare Banjo to DKC

    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    You can move Banjo and DK from each others N64 game, and they would work out the same.
    Then is that because Rare was not being creative with Banjo? As you said DK64's overall environment was based on DKC and you said that Banjo is way better than DKC. Way to contradict yourself, yet again.



    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    Well in the NEW NEW NEW DK whatever, you do not have team ups, but the secondary character rides around on your back. It is like we went from equality to just plain helpless. Many little things in the NEW NEW NEW DK whatever, requires this second character, and while that is not new I would prefer some freedom, instead of the two apes, riding around on each other, like little frog riding big frog.
    How did you manage to come up with this from a little joke I made? Again, I never asked for that.


    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    I know arseholes out their are like, "Nostaligia is rubbish" ( soft sock puppet voice ) "you have a disease it is called hoarding" or even "you need to get rid of that stuff, and buy a bunch of new stuff, because you live in a Jewdom, and Jues are not allowed to own anything that can rust or mold" ( look up the rest of the commandments ). DKC 1-3 ( especially 2 ) games are awesome, it is made out of the word awesome. Heck many things were heck of a lot better, back then compared to now, but I mean it, you put two games side to side, and compare and contrast, it is auwsome. Speaking of which.........
    This is when I realize that it was pointless trying to make a comeback against your "points". You make up ridiculous assumptions from absolutely nothing. I hope you never do jury duty.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawgasm View Post
    *Cracks fingers, this is in need of serious work.

    I'm sure if you asked anyone who played DKC or any DK game for that matter nobody really cares for the story. An evil group of animals does something bad, Monkeys go sort it out. If you were looking for a videogame story to grip your teeth into DKC would probably be one of the lasts thing on the list. Unless you're talking about the TV series, then God help you.
    Trust me it matters, the games kept on upping the action, and while the Kremlings was a creation of Rare, it made more sense, then a bunch of masks poping out of a random Volcano. Also the Kremlings had a back story, through the game itself.

    DKC Kremlings gone too far
    DKL Those crazy Kremlings are at it again, on the otherside of DKisland
    DKC 2 Revenge time, on Kremling Island ( this was beautiful, because of the difficulty )
    DKC 3 Rebenge time double, in baar country, where their seems to be Kremling activities.

    The games made sense, were logically, had a point to follow. They just did not make things up, out of a hat.

    ,.........

    The show however suffered because it was also based around the same time as DK64. Also because Rareware did not work enough with the show. K-Rool got split into two characters,
    and was displayed being extra goofy and naked on both ends. All the other characters sounded like dumb skulls, and DK was stupider then that other game character that was turned into a toon ( Bubsy ), that is how auwful it was. It was like Reboot, gone drunk, or Beast Wars, go nutty.

    DK64 also suffered because it showed that Rareware was having problems with Nintendo. Like they wanted to leave them. Later games ( the current DKCR and DKCFrozen ) both show,
    that ideas Rare did not use, such as the buddy pack used in Banjo got used in these games. Personally I like Candies new persona in the game, which also ruined the game, because of Funkys new persona. Funky Kong is a laid back kinda guy, and while he can mess around with tools, planes, vehicles, making him into a Military madness guy is just silly. "Hey Donkey here are the guns I made for you, they shoot fruit". Kranky stole K-Rools science stuff as well. Depressing.

    You love the lore of DKC so much you're not too sure what happens in "the real sequel".
    Yes the first Four games, including the DKLand

    Well the first time, I played the game, I assumed it was the Kremlings, up to their usually business. Steal the Bannana Horde, turn the island against DK, blah balh. However I often ask why is their a goat being displayed. Years later I read the story was Cranky this and that, along with K-Rool, stealing a pet goat.

    DKland, is the officiail sequel as the other DKL2, and DKL3 were just remakes of the DKC2 and DKC3. The Gb games are just as fun, but NIntendo Power had to push people into buying the games.

    ....What?
    Heart system, that is used in the life meter was original used in the Land game.

    Again, you seem to make something out of nothing. Also didn't you say you hated The Last of US for it's plot? Yet you can go for days blabbering on about how great the storyline to DKC is.
    Last of us, is Hollywood urine, stirp down into a random videogame. Everybody knows, the game is using cut scenes, movements from other works, to even lines itself. The characters are as realistic as a Prime Time CSI, or Law and Order, show, which is about as lame and low as you can go with writing. Also making the player make rash decisions, from holding down somebody and shooting them, to handing over a little girl, after your own daughter was shot, in a cross fire, is just childish, and poor writing. I mean in Resident Evil, whats her face gives birth to some sorta thing that slithers away, however this game tries to out do, everything with controversal writing. It is eye-candy, for a poor minded person. By poor minded person, a person who has no action or excitment in their lives, so they depend on media to make them have something to talk about. LOU is basically as exciting as watching or reading the NEWS. This is poor writing.

    But what about the ever-so-important story?
    That was part of the story, and was great in itself. DKC three had its own twist, and style, but it was also a closing to DKC series. I mean the Kremlings will not give up.


    I'm sorry but how the hell is Returns/Tropical Freeze unplayable? Returns had that questionable waggle stuff but it certainly wasn't unplayable. It's not like you're playing Sonic 06 or Superman 64 (which you probably think is good as it's the classics and therefore it must be good).
    Okay like I said, the levels are interesting, but the games are kinda bare. I feel like I am on the road to nowhere. I mean why am I playing this, to stop that BOSS from Kirby, from taking over another island. Also I am fighting masks, not people, not anything, it is like if all the magic from "Crash" traveled to a Nintendo console. Then what is next Viking Penguins from...............................I mean give me a break. An entire game that has an ice theme, because they couldn't do a Jungle themed game. Next is the killer bees............. no wait "Snakes on a Plane"............

    Superman 64 was a good game, because it made sales, and so did S06. They probably do fall in the ranks of DKCRevival. Because without the DKC title it is just another DKC game. It makes no sense, I mean look at the enemies, you can't even tell them from one game series or the next any more.

    Again, overthinking about the story way too much.
    Maybe your under thinking the story bit.

    If we're going by the whole "there were good seal so why are these seals bad?" thing then must I remind you that a quarter of the Bosses from Donkey Kong Jungle Beat were evil Monkeys? Not every seal is your friend pal, that's a bit racist if you think all seals are the same to you.
    JUngle beat and everything on the Gamecube and Wii does not count. They destroyed the series, and everything beautiful and innocent about it. Yes in DKC their are bad apes, as shown the Mankey Kong saga is shown. Otherwise those were just lame clones of DK. Also what sucks about the new DK, is how he has a big giant DK on his tie.


    Maybe they went to other islands to add variety? Also there were animal friends in Returns/Tropical Freeze, which leads me to believe you never really played them. Which makes me wonder if you're opinion is actually valid or not.



    I'm pretty sure you opinion of "badass" is wrong as well. The Kremlings serve as underlings to King K Rool, they are as disposable as a Goomba is to Bowser. Kremlings in DKC die with one bonk on the head, how exactly is that "badass"? At least in DK64 they had the personality of comedic grunts which in turn gave them a little charm. Rather than just grunting placeholder sprites for enemies in DKC. The only time a Kremling as ever been "badass" is in Mario Strikers Charged where he can potentially block 6 completely steal footballs from scoring a goal, all rapid firing at him at high speeds. That's badass in my book.



    At this point you're not even making sense. You're just spouting words to me. I never asked you to compare Banjo to DK64, but I'm just saying it's pointless to compare Banjo to DKC



    Then is that because Rare was not being creative with Banjo? As you said DK64's overall environment was based on DKC and you said that Banjo is way better than DKC. Way to contradict yourself, yet again.





    How did you manage to come up with this from a little joke I made? Again, I never asked for that.




    This is when I realize that it was pointless trying to make a comeback against your "points". You make up ridiculous assumptions from absolutely nothing. I hope you never do jury duty.[/QUOTE]

  3. #13
    GF Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post

    Last of us, is Hollywood urine, stirp down into a random videogame. Everybody knows, the game is using cut scenes, movements from other works, to even lines itself. The characters are as realistic as a Prime Time CSI, or Law and Order, show, which is about as lame and low as you can go with writing. Also making the player make rash decisions, from holding down somebody and shooting them, to handing over a little girl, after your own daughter was shot, in a cross fire, is just childish, and poor writing. I mean in Resident Evil, whats her face gives birth to some sorta thing that slithers away, however this game tries to out do, everything with controversal writing. It is eye-candy, for a poor minded person. By poor minded person, a person who has no action or excitment in their lives, so they depend on media to make them have something to talk about. LOU is basically as exciting as watching or reading the NEWS. This is poor writing.
    Please, tell me more about how you seem to know everything about how TLoU was developed and how smart you are.

  4. #14
    Captain Sexual Innuendo Cronus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    3,744
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    Last of us, is Hollywood urine, stirp down into a random videogame. Everybody knows, the game is using cut scenes, movements from other works, to even lines itself. The characters are as realistic as a Prime Time CSI, or Law and Order, show, which is about as lame and low as you can go with writing. Also making the player make rash decisions, from holding down somebody and shooting them, to handing over a little girl, after your own daughter was shot, in a cross fire, is just childish, and poor writing. I mean in Resident Evil, whats her face gives birth to some sorta thing that slithers away, however this game tries to out do, everything with controversal writing. It is eye-candy, for a poor minded person. By poor minded person, a person who has no action or excitment in their lives, so they depend on media to make them have something to talk about. LOU is basically as exciting as watching or reading the NEWS. This is poor writing.
    Jesus, your so full of **** the stench is positively overpowering. I find it somewhat ironic that you can criticise someone else for 'poor writing' standards when you lack the ability to structure your writing into a coherent form yourself.
    [CENTER]

  5. #15
    GF Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Jesus, your so full of **** the stench is positively overpowering. I find it somewhat ironic that you can criticise someone else for 'poor writing' standards when you lack the ability to structure your writing into a coherent form yourself.
    Very, very good point. You might want to take note of that buddy.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    95
    LOU is a game with no plot, no direction, and nothing occurs. Some guy in his home daughter gets killed. You team up with some low-life woman, despite being on your side, is also looking out for herself, and could careless about which life she takes. Your new daughter, is a walking time bomb, waiting to go viral on you. All the infected are a bunch of slow paced moving piles of mess. Compared to something like resident Evil, 805 of the time your dealing with human targets, which makes no logical point at all. You mad it all the way, just to save a girl, you barely know, because you remember your first daughter. We are going to rebuild society, we are going to rebuild America. Your character is not even anti-hero he is just trying to save his own skin, and his own sanity. Part of him wants to die. That is why he is risking his life, not because he is brave but because he has nothing to live for. He is brave because he is at his breaking point, the point where life does not matters anymore.

    Strip last of us down, everybody is everybodies enemy, and the infected are a bunch of stoned out druggies. That is how a drugged up person, looks like, once they have been rolling around in Cocaine. Angry, confused, grunting like they are drunk. I had a concept for an enemy like that, but last of us is just plain silly. Oh noes virus outbreak, everybody has mushroom head syndrome. If all of these people in LOU was replaced with Zombies it would be game over, every five seconds. Snaek, sneak, sneak, flare-shot, sneak sneak sneak.

    The game has some nice visuals, but honestly, it is lame, and depressing. It is game made for people who are dealing with the common fears associated in the adult world. Crazy mad people. addicts. People who do not pay their bills. Even the government trying to control everybody. The only reason why people enjoy the game is because they wish something like that would occur. You have scum-bags out their praying for a world where this is no hope, and no future for anything. Just a bunch of needy people trying to survive on next to nothing. Resident Evil has more respect, for people, compared to this game, that just throws up on society, and gives you lame gameplay.

    It only won awards, because they need somebody to win awards. Why not give it to a game, that reuses fictional material, from other media. Resident Evil, Half-Life, and even Systemshock/Bioshock makes more sense then this game. This game is just nice graphics, and characters who run their mouth too much. Take away all of that, it is like an movie without no purpose. Oh wait I know, the same purpose that "Escape From NY, LA etc " had on it's audience. The world has ended their is nothing to live for.

    It is also brainwashing rubbish, through the game your defending a girl. A girl who were not sappose to see for sex because she is the characters daughter. It is lame like that. Then comes like two or three other feminist Lesbians. One showing off how little life should matter to women, and another one showing off, that black people still are dependent on the government. Everything you would expect, from commercial rubbish. Even the mad cutter guy, and the guy who did not pay his taxes. Everything about it, makes me want to hurl. Who is your enemy? everybody that is not your friend, basically.
    People willing to kill for a nice comfortable bed, with sheets and blankets.

    All the crap in LOUS is being done, in real life by Juvenile delinquents, and self-proclaimed gangs, 24/7. Running away from officers. Firing on officers. Sneaking around forbben areas, all kinds of things like that. You wanna play this game. Go outside with old clothing, and start running up and down, in places where their is next to nobody. Chances are an officer, or somebody will want to have a conversation with you. If is an officer, they might even chase you down, or pull a sting with double cars or even vans. That is last of us. Got no job, then let me find a reason to put you in jail. Also trying hanging around a projects, I mean an low-income housing structure, in a quiet area, chances are you might find a cocaine zombie grunting, like an gloria.

    That is it, this thread is meant for Donkey Kong, not LOU. Lame game still.

  7. #17
    GIZ A PINT Vest Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,829
    I've not played LOU, would love to. But it sounds like you have just stated it has no plot, and then went on to explain the plot of the game.

    Weird.


  8. #18
    GF Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    190
    You have got to be the biggest and most delusional idiot I have ever come across since posting on forums. Go take your stupid conspiracy theorist conversation elsewhere.

    How about you look at the facts? Not only did the game receive an average rating of 95/100, and given a 10/10 by IGN, Edge, Destructoid and Eurogamer. It was also the highest selling video game of 2013 next to GTA V.

    Take your incoherent ramblings somewhere else.

  9. #19
    I hate Nerds Rawgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Intergalactic Treehouse
    Posts
    3,576
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    Okay like I said, the levels are interesting, but the games are kinda bare. I feel like I am on the road to nowhere. I mean why am I playing this, to stop that BOSS from Kirby, from taking over another island. Also I am fighting masks, not people, not anything, it is like if all the magic from "Crash" traveled to a Nintendo console. Then what is next Viking Penguins from...............................I mean give me a break. An entire game that has an ice theme, because they couldn't do a Jungle themed game. Next is the killer bees............. no wait "Snakes on a Plane"............

    Superman 64 was a good game, because it made sales, and so did S06. They probably do fall in the ranks of DKCRevival. Because without the DKC title it is just another DKC game. It makes no sense, I mean look at the enemies, you can't even tell them from one game series or the next any more.
    Okay guys let's pack it in. He's just a blatant troll.

    It's clear that you've never actually played Tropical Freeze as the only Ice World available is the final world. The whole idea that you dislike the other games because they're Voodoo instruments or a clearly composed Viking Clan based on Antarctic/Antarctica Animals is quite frankly juvenile in itself, like saying that Warcraft is **** because the Pandaren are a playable race.

    And then you say that Superman 64 and Sonic 06, despite being two of the most critically panned games throughout gaming history, is good just because it made sales. Which contradicts you even more, as you seemed to hate anything that was popular, yet you seem to think that just because they were good at sales it must obviously mean it's a good game.

    Please do us all a favor and stop posting.

  10. #20
    Senior Member McConnaughay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,228
    For that post, Regalsin has become my favorite member.

    However, anything more is excessive and overkill, ... happily go away or create a fresh character, maybe one that talks with a bad British accent, that will rustle the jimmies of a couple members.


    OOF-Writing.com
    "Insert a super-cool and witty comment that will make them want to click your link here." - Sir Nikolai McCon's III.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •