• Infamous 3

1 12.50%
  • TES Online

1 12.50%
  • Watch Dogs

6 75.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Gotei 13's Psychopath Hyunshi's Avatar
    I don't see why people are whining about ESO, it's pretty much just like any other MMO in the pay area.

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    I guess just because it costs more than the others, I don't know. Either that or they already don't really like MMO's, and are just happily banding this into that category, no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by willo745 View Post
    ESO.......just no interest whatsoever.....Pay for the game, then pay a subscription all fine if people are that stupid. But to now hear they will also have a cash shop is just fecking cheeky, why are people paying for the game and a monthly subscription?....they should already have full access without a cash shop as well. Have you seen it the gfx are awful, it looks just like a sp ES and is already full of bugs.

Watch dogs i want but like Eclair i get excited for these games but then after delays they seem old news and i get meh about them, same for Infamous.

The Division is the 1 i want most.
    Because that's how all MMO's run at the start. It'll do what SWTOR did and go FTP. They have to earn the money they spent into the project back somehow...

^Dat dance doe.

Don't understand why people complain about subscription fees. They are very cheap, what £2, £2.50 a week?, for a game which you will probably spend a **** load of hours on.

I much prefer a sub fee than make it FTP and then fill them with micro transactions.

If you find a MMO you like, it really is worthwhile. I would literally sit all day playing Star Wars Galaxies back in the day.

I actually wish they made Destiny into a true MMO with a sub fee. Would be so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vest Guy View Post
    Don't understand why people complain about subscription fees. They are very cheap, what £2, £2.50 a week?, for a game which you will probably spend a **** load of hours on.

I much prefer a sub fee than make it FTP and then fill them with micro transactions.

If you find a MMO you like, it really is worthwhile. I would literally sit all day playing Star Wars Galaxies back in the day.

I actually wish they made Destiny into a true MMO with a sub fee. Would be so much better.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna see yourself playing it a lot, pay the fee, if not, don't complain that it is.

^Dat dance doe.

I was not aware that they were making Infamous 3. Then I realized it's Second Son. Boy, do I feel clever.

I've been a massive fan of the Elder Scrolls series since Morrowind, so I'm super excited for TESO.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide View Post
    Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
    Tied for Funniest Member of 2013

The Gotei 13's Psychopath Hyunshi's Avatar
    I paid for a realm reborn and spent ages on it when I had the time and had to pay a sub fee on top. Same with WoWans countless other mmo's it's worth it if you're going to play it for awhile. I can't really think of any good free MMO'S I've played, all the ones I've enjoyed I've had to pay for.

I think the problem with ESO is that they're using a triple-dip business model. Buy the game, buy the sub, buy stuff in-game with real-cash transactions. If they took out one of those payments, I think it would garner a lot less hate. In general, I've found MMO cash store models follow one of two directions. It's either cosmetic stuff you can buy if you want, but has no effect on gameplay aside from making you look neat (like Wizardry Online), or extremely powerful gear that, if you don't buy it, will leave you unable to ever compete in pvp or pve when playing with/against cash players. I don't know which route TESO is taking, but then I've not bothered to look into it since I'm not much of a TES fan to begin with.

General Forum Rules
    Ignorance is not an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Éclair View Post
    I think the problem with ESO is that they're using a triple-dip business model. Buy the game, buy the sub, buy stuff in-game with real-cash transactions. If they took out one of those payments, I think it would garner a lot less hate. In general, I've found MMO cash store models follow one of two directions. It's either cosmetic stuff you can buy if you want, but has no effect on gameplay aside from making you look neat (like Wizardry Online), or extremely powerful gear that, if you don't buy it, will leave you unable to ever compete in pvp or pve when playing with/against cash players. I don't know which route TESO is taking, but then I've not bothered to look into it since I'm not much of a TES fan to begin with.
    Some do a mix of both as well, which doesn't seem too bad, like exp boosts and things like that, or an in game currency etc. which I think ESO has. Regardless I don't plan to get ESO until I've upgraded my PC.

^Dat dance doe.

Exp boosts I'm not so bothered about, because a lot of the best instances and pvp don't begin until you hit max level in whatever MMO's your poison. But when there's gear available for real cash that can't be beaten by any free loot in the game? That's where I get skeptical. Pay to play? Don't like it as a business model, but I can deal with it. Pay to win? Get out.

General Forum Rules
    Ignorance is not an excuse.