View Poll Results: Which title?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Infamous 3

    1 12.50%
  • TES Online

    1 12.50%
  • Watch Dogs

    6 75.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
  1. #21
    Pakistani L33t h4x0rX CatBug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Nightingale Hall.
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by Éclair View Post
    Exp boosts I'm not so bothered about, because a lot of the best instances and pvp don't begin until you hit max level in whatever MMO's your poison. But when there's gear available for real cash that can't be beaten by any free loot in the game? That's where I get skeptical. Pay to play? Don't like it as a business model, but I can deal with it. Pay to win? Get out.
    That I agree with, in my view, people who maybe aren't great at the game or are really good at the game and have the money to shell out can just roll over everybody because they payed like £7 for shoes that give extra damage or whatever.

    ^Dat dance doe.

  2. #22
    GIZ A PINT Vest Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,829
    Paying to play is fine if the game is worth it, Paying to get an advantage is where I draw the line.

    Interestingly LOTR online made more money from its 'Free to Play' release, that it's original subscription period.


  3. #23
    Senior Member willo745's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    9,056
    Who is whining about subscription fees?

    If you want to play a mmo for a monthly fee then fine but after buying the game for 60 dollars, about 50 pound here? and paying a monthly fee then i would expect not to have to pay for extras like mounts and the usual things that i should have access to.

    Do a little research and you will understand why people are getting a little annoyed at this cash cow, there should not be a cash shop selling items you should be getting because the subscription fee is how they tout new content.

    The game looks awful, free mmo's years old look better than it, already testers spotting bugs are not seeing them fixed and the combat is just looking to be normal ES which in mmo terms will just not go down well.

    This game will fail miserably, might get a few months but after that no chance. The likes of Guild wars 2 show that they can just sell the game and make a profit while sustaining new content, numerous free mmo's show the same although not perfect.

    But if you buy the game then subscribe monthly then you shouldn't have a cash shop because that is taking the piss.
    [/QUOTE]

    Thanks to Chronic Spender........

  4. #24
    GIZ A PINT Vest Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,829
    Quote Originally Posted by willo745 View Post

    This game will fail miserably, might get a few months but after that no chance. The likes of Guild wars 2 show that they can just sell the game and make a profit while sustaining new content, numerous free mmo's show the same although not perfect.
    Is Guild Wars 2 a true MMO? I played the first which wasn't. Only the main town was a MMO, once you left the town you would then join a smaller server on your own unless you partied up with someone (if I remember correctly).


  5. #25
    Pakistani L33t h4x0rX CatBug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Nightingale Hall.
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by willo745 View Post
    The game looks awful, free mmo's years old look better than it, already testers spotting bugs are not seeing them fixed and the combat is just looking to be normal ES which in mmo terms will just not go down well.
    There's a reason for that though, they won't put it to Skyrim specs because they want people of older PC's to be able to play as well. Saying it looks awful is a bit far considering at full settings it looks really nice. But hey oh, you haven't played it and you say things like you have :P

    ^Dat dance doe.

  6. #26
    GIZ A PINT Vest Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    2,829
    I haven't read or watched much about TESO, but if the combat is similar to a normal TES game, then that would be quite impressive for a MMO.


  7. #27
    Pakistani L33t h4x0rX CatBug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Nightingale Hall.
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by Vest Guy View Post
    I haven't read or watched much about TESO, but if the combat is similar to a normal TES game, then that would be quite impressive for a MMO.
    It is but it isn't, if you understand what I mean, it works relatively the same, the bows are slightly different I know that much

    ^Dat dance doe.

  8. #28
    The Gotei 13's Psychopath Hyunshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,276
    Everyone thought ARR would fail because you had to pay for the game and then sub. It's still going strong. Saying the game will fail is stupid, there is no guarantee it will, you can THINK it will fail but you can never be sure. Plus ES has such a big fanbase that it'll probably succeed.

  9. #29
    Bayesian Conspirator Éclair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,669
    Though to be fair, A Realm Reborn is a mere 6 months old. There's plenty of time for it to fail yet

    General Forum Rules
    Ignorance is not an excuse.

  10. #30
    The Gotei 13's Psychopath Hyunshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Éclair View Post
    Though to be fair, A Realm Reborn is a mere 6 months old. There's plenty of time for it to fail yet
    Yeah but most people said it'd fail within a couple of months, that's what I meant

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •