Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shortage?

admin

shortage?

when was the left time anyone saw a ps4 for sale? My ps3 broke last weekend so I considered upgrading but there doesn't seem to be any consoles anywhere!

Can you call me Nyteblade YesConsiderably's Avatar
    Most shops in my area seem to have been able to maintain some PS4 stock for about a month now. GAME have advertised them as 'currently available' on my last few visits.

I have read that they're in shorter supply in the US though.

Press X To Rescue Orphans Ride the Walrus's Avatar
    Had no trouble walking into GAME on Friday and buying one. they said their stock's a bit low right now with the Japan release, but it shouldn't be too much trouble getting one to be honest. You're still in the US though, so it could be trickier
    Died Wearing A Purple Jacket.

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Honey, I ****ed the kids

admin
    I cant remember the last time I even saw them available on amazon.com. Ive used stock checkers for all the big stores in the orlando area where i live and still theres nothing. The japanese launch could be affecting that though as you've both said. Xbox one on the other hand I've never seen out of stock anywhere

I had to order my online and it has yet to arrive. It shipped like last week but knowing where I live it'll take probably another 2 weeks.

I hope you can find one nevertheless.

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    Strangely enough I was just mentioning this in the chatbox yesterday. I've been surprised by the amount of PS4's I have seen still on sale, not only where I live, but online too. Saying that though, numbers have dwindled considerably over the past month, so all the stock Game had have gone, and a lot of the bundles ShopTo include, are now gone too.

Think the catch is that a lot of the remaining units are included in these overly priced bundle deals, you know the sort that come with a headset, 4 games etc, than just the console.

Being in the US, you may have to just try some smaller independent stores CW, or anywhere online that isn't your typical 'go to' store for everything, like an Amazon. I did read that Sony believe by the time we hit April that stock should be in more plentiful supply, so perhaps if you are able to wait another month or two, things will look better.

Oh and just thought, whilst I'm sure lots of people have done this already, you could try pre-ordering the Infamous 3 bundle, and if you are lucky, might get that sent when the game comes out next month.

admin
    there aren't really any non big name stores anymore but ill have a google and see. Preordering isn't a bad idea but i don't really want infamous 3!

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    Haha, well sadly the game launch line-up is still rather thin on the ground for the PS4, so maybe when some of the more big name hitters come out, like a Watch Dogs, more bundles will appear that could be to your liking.

The prices on eBay sure have shot up though, I've now seen more consoles appearing around the 500 range, which certainly wasn't the case at the beginning of the year.

admin
    I could get a used console off amazon for $350-400 but I would prefer new. Im not really in a huge hurry to buy one but Im surprised at how poor the supply is

Banned
    HMV and game here have had them stocked for a while, funny enough their lacking in Xbox ones at the moment.