Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Loved this game! Titanfall has 15 maps confirmed to be out for release on March 11th 2014. Info on the new maps have be leaked and include 15 detailed pictures of the maps fans can expect to play. Also 5 new game modes will be introduced to Titanfall. They are...
    •Attrition
    •Capture the Flag
    •Hardpoint Domination
    •Last Titan Standing
    •Pilot Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse the Legend View Post
    The point of the bots is pretty obvious really, they are there so that EVERYONE can feel as though they made a positive contribution to their team score. I mean let's be honest, there are lots of people who like these type of games, but just aren't that great, so often will always come last in some team, or be the weak link dying every 5 seconds, and that can be rather depressing.

So with the introduction of rubbish grunts, it allows them to try and bring something more by getting points and kills towards victory. Plus it just makes the match look more busy than it otherwise would be, and gives the addition of just more to do, by killing not only your human enemies, but AI enemies, and whatever objectives you may have to do.

Still doesn't really interest me, but for people who like shooters, I can see this being a potential hit for many of them.

And Willo out of interest, have you played the Beta, I'm presuming not? I can't say having not played this, so I'm only going on what I have seen, but there is so much action going on, that many people could already consider it as a mini cluster-****. So if you added more people, you really would be struggling to cope with the sheer amount of action and stuff going on screen. That's my impression at least going from what I've seen.
    Yes Vyse i've had a couple of games and i play a lot of online fps's and the bots have nothing to do with unskilled players otherwise the likes of Cod would be doing it.

Sorry but if ps3 can handle 164 a side and believe me me n Titch played it to death then that is an excuse when your talking 6 v 6 with bots that are just useless, the gfx are nothing special, same with physics, other last gen games have had so much more going on and framerate etc wasn't a problem.

Players become better as they play a fps and really dont need bots to feel any achievement, in fact i'd feel worse for the fact. The game has no real sense of team play at all, it feels rushed out and Brink was doing the free running last gen, if it had a tactical edge against "real" players then it could have been ok but against bots that are put to shame by ps2 era ai then no.

This has been rushed to market and soon the hackers will make it even worse, there is already abuse of the bots going on because thats what it boils down to, spam the bots to get your titan to win.

I just expected a lot more from this game after all the hype.
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks to Chronic Spender........

Quote Originally Posted by willo745 View Post

Players become better as they play a fps and really dont need bots to feel any achievement, in fact i'd feel worse for the fact. The game has no real sense of team play at all, it feels rushed out and Brink was doing the free running last gen, if it had a tactical edge against "real" players then it could have been ok but against bots that are put to shame by ps2 era ai then no.

This has been rushed to market and soon the hackers will make it even worse, there is already abuse of the bots going on because thats what it boils down to, spam the bots to get your titan to win.
    First. Brink tried it and tbh Titanfall does it better, so you can't really use that argument. Second. What makes you say that all of a sudden hackers are going to ruin it? Plus the bots are there for a reason, it's not like you kill them and instantly get your titan, they hardly put any time towards your titan actually, and normally, the first titan that comes into the game is show down pretty quick by the other team, through every single match I played.

^Dat dance doe.

Quote Originally Posted by CatBug View Post
    First. Brink tried it and tbh Titanfall does it better, so you can't really use that argument. Second. What makes you say that all of a sudden hackers are going to ruin it? Plus the bots are there for a reason, it's not like you kill them and instantly get your titan, they hardly put any time towards your titan actually, and normally, the first titan that comes into the game is show down pretty quick by the other team, through every single match I played.
    Lololol its already being exploited if you haven't seen that lucky you.

Explain why it does it better than Brink because its nothing different otherwise you haven't played Brink itself i'd say.

Then ask yourself this?.......Why are the bots actually there if they have no purpose to serve haha...........

If you know how to spawn camp with just one or 2 friends then your completely wrong as they make a HUGE difference. Either you understand the mechanics or you dont.

After all the hype this is a major letdown, Ps3 games had better than this crap.
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks to Chronic Spender........

Quote Originally Posted by willo745 View Post
    Lololol its already being exploited if you haven't seen that lucky you.

Explain why it does it better than Brink because its nothing different otherwise you haven't played Brink itself i'd say.

Then ask yourself this?.......Why are the bots actually there if they have no purpose to serve haha...........

If you know how to spawn camp with just one or 2 friends then your completely wrong as they make a HUGE difference. Either you understand the mechanics or you dont.

After all the hype this is a major letdown, Ps3 games had better than this crap.
    I got full achievements for Brink, so it's safe to say I have played it... And it feels better and plays more into the game than what Brink made it do.

Spawn camping doesn't really work considering the spawns are swapped every time you die, not once when i played the beta was I spawn camped...so yeah...

But hey, doesn't seem like you played it at all and you're calling it a major letdown. Good for you.

^Dat dance doe.

Yes, well Brink was a pathetic excuse for a game... Mirror's Edge is the best free-running game to date I don't give a damn who disagrees because you simply cannot. Titanfall does look to be quite an amazing game, but at the end of it all it's a FPS with really nothing new to offer from what I've seen. Could be a different story when I get a chance to play, but we'll see.

Can we take a minute to applaud EA for not ****ing up a game that didn't blow up server-wise on day one...

^Dat dance doe.

Can you call me Nyteblade YesConsiderably's Avatar
    I was actually able to download this game for free. My little brother got a download code with his console, and used it, but i assume because his profile is also on my console as well, the option to install it was presented when i visited the marketplace. Perhaps this is a rembrandt of the shared library scheme Microsoft were intending to utilise.

Anyway, after the overly long training session i got bored without having participated in a proper match. It's hard to believe this is the same developer who came up with the really cool cargo ship mock up at the beginning of Call of Duty 4.

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare is way more fun. I think i'll just stick with that the next time i feel like a mindless multiplayer shooter.

I tried the beta and seriously i don't like to play with bots.

But the game is pretty cool. If you like CoD, sure you like this one

This game was great for a couple days I played it but then got very bored. I realized that it was nothing special, really just a bland game all a round. It's a shame cause I heard the game was actually a little more fun a beta lol