Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Gotei 13's Psychopath Hyunshi's Avatar

Titanfall Discussion Thread

I thought I'd get rid of the never that the One thread had.

So what's peoples opinion on Titanfall? And also has anyone played the Beta yet?

It does look interesting but not enough for me to buy an xbox one of a PS4, I will eventually get a Xbox One and will fork out for Titanfall but probably when there are also other games out. I was watched a twitch streamer play it and I did like the idea of being able to get into titans and stuff, plus the top five kill videos for it are hilarious in parts.

I've heard conflicting opinions on it, but they tend to boil down to either "better than Call of Duty" or "like Brink but worse". Take from that what you will. It looks like a neat concept and I wouldn't mind playing it, but it's not something I'd shell out for.

General Forum Rules
    Ignorance is not an excuse.

Yeah, which is probably one reason why I'll be postponing buying an xbox one for awhile until some more good exclusives comes out, if they don't I'll probably end up shelling out for a One and Titanfall when the new Gears comes out.

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    I saw a lot of people playing it across the past week, and whilst it's still not the type of game I would likely ever play, it certainly looked more interesting and enjoyable than going into a Call of Duty or Battlefield game.

From what I gather the general feedback has been rather good, and I can see why, as sure it's still a shooter, but did look as though it had some interesting game play mechanics, and this was just in the beta too.

Thankfully it's only an Xbone game, and completely multi player orientated, so not like I'll ever be playing it, but I'd be surprised if it doesn't sell extremely well.

My first impressions is i cant understand why all the xbots were raving about this game as it looks generic as hell.

What would worry me most is the tiny maps and in this day n age why only 6v6 multiplayer along with bots that have awful Ai?

As soon as players get their walkers or whatever they are its going to be frustrating as hell, first to find the bots wins and on such small maps spawn points will just be camped to death.

I cant understand why they have to use bots instead of more real players and when the hackers get a grip it will be a farce.

Destiny looks much more interesting imo, Titanfall looked exciting in the build up but now i've seen it and that MP has bots it worries me some problems are being hidden.
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks to Chronic Spender........

Quote Originally Posted by willo745 View Post
    My first impressions is i cant understand why all the xbots were raving about this game as it looks generic as hell.

What would worry me most is the tiny maps and in this day n age why only 6v6 multiplayer along with bots that have awful Ai?

As soon as players get their walkers or whatever they are its going to be frustrating as hell, first to find the bots wins and on such small maps spawn points will just be camped to death.

I cant understand why they have to use bots instead of more real players and when the hackers get a grip it will be a farce.

Destiny looks much more interesting imo, Titanfall looked exciting in the build up but now i've seen it and that MP has bots it worries me some problems are being hidden.
    Playing it for myself, the only generic thing about it is the unlock system, the rest isn't generic imo. Yeah once the enemy team gets their Titans you have to get yours as quick as possible, if not, you're screwed, with the spawn points, not as bad as you'd think. I played and wasn't spawn camped at all, spawn points are random it didn't place me right next to a titan at all. Game is still as fun as hell.

Saying that I still want Destiny a little more.

On the bots though, I can understand why it's bad, and tbh I don't see the point in them being there? Their easier to kill than other pilots and they kind of do nothing, would have preferred a 8v8 personally but with the map sizes it's understandable.

^Dat dance doe.

I havent played it. But have heard great things, heard its something new, where as other FPS's have pretty much been the same for a decade or so. Don't see a problem with BOTs or Titans, sounds similar to when you deploy copters/bombers in CoD but not as ****.

Destiny is a completely different game though, and I can't wait for it.

There is nothing remotely new about Titanfall Vest, Brink did the whole freescale climbing last gen, the bots are just so poor its unbelievable and why so few players?.........Gfx are nothing great, SP may as well be non existant. No effort towards SP and MP is just sad for this gen so some problems will arise guaranteed.

Maybe i've missed something but i see nothing new that hasn't been done before tbh, exploitation will destroy this game no matter what. But if your going to use bots make sure they have at least some ai because right now they are utterly not needed, why not just double the real players, bots in mp just makes me suspicious as hell, not really impressed at all.
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks to Chronic Spender........

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    The point of the bots is pretty obvious really, they are there so that EVERYONE can feel as though they made a positive contribution to their team score. I mean let's be honest, there are lots of people who like these type of games, but just aren't that great, so often will always come last in some team, or be the weak link dying every 5 seconds, and that can be rather depressing.

So with the introduction of rubbish grunts, it allows them to try and bring something more by getting points and kills towards victory. Plus it just makes the match look more busy than it otherwise would be, and gives the addition of just more to do, by killing not only your human enemies, but AI enemies, and whatever objectives you may have to do.

Still doesn't really interest me, but for people who like shooters, I can see this being a potential hit for many of them.

And Willo out of interest, have you played the Beta, I'm presuming not? I can't say having not played this, so I'm only going on what I have seen, but there is so much action going on, that many people could already consider it as a mini cluster-****. So if you added more people, you really would be struggling to cope with the sheer amount of action and stuff going on screen. That's my impression at least going from what I've seen.

From what I've seen of streams I'd have to agree, the idea of adding more people looks like it'd make just chaotic, not the good sort of chaotic either