Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thief

GF Member

Thief

Just purchased Thief today and already need assistance. When I'm in the shop looking to steal a jeweled mask, I come across a safe that has a combination lock. How do I unlock the safe?

I would assume you need to find the combination somewhere on your travels.
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks to Chronic Spender........

Hard, pipe-hitting nigga Lootosh's Avatar
    I've not played Thief but I know a few games like it. I'm guessing the code will be with one of the enemy or somehow hidden in the area around the safe
    I wish I loved the human race
    I wish I loved its silly face,
    I wish I liked the way it walks; I wish I liked the way it talks,
    And when I'm introduced one, I wish I thought 'What jolly fun!'

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by willo745 View Post
    I would assume you need to find the combination somewhere on your travels.
    This probably.

Banned
    I'd put a 99% chance on the combination being found somewhere in the area. That seems like the thing to do.

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    I'm more interested in how anyone who has played the game yet has actually found it.

Heard some mediocre things from many people, but from what I gather, some of those aspects are being a little exaggerated, just because they are comparing it too much to previous Thief games, or Dishonoured.

GF Member
    Finally found the combination. Thanks everyone

Can you call me Nyteblade YesConsiderably's Avatar
    Finally?

The document which contains the clue to the combination is in the same room as the safe. I would suggest that going forward, you read the documents.

I actually bought an Xbox One today, and it came with Thief. I'm rather liking it so far, but have literally just started the first proper level (that's how pathetic Gameplay's query is - this is basically the tutorial puzzle) so don't have too much to say yet.

I'll post my thoughts when i'm further in.
    Last edited by YesConsiderably; 01-03-2014 at 07:17 PM.

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    Be interested to hear your thoughts on the game once you are able to spend some more time with it Val.

As I mentioned before, a lot of reviews have been pretty scathing, but I believe a lot of that is apparently due to how it feels and compares to the Thief games of old, than if you look at the game on its own.

Can you call me Nyteblade YesConsiderably's Avatar
    I've still played very much of it, to be honest with you Vyse. I'm a little way into the third level - which strikes me as being where the game really opens up and gets started. The prologue and opening chapter were on the short, linear side.

I also never played the original game, so bear that in mind.

The visuals are really good. Possibly the best lightning effects i've seen in a game, and they make up a somewhat important part of the gameplay. You obviously need to stick to the shadows, but in open areas lightning can illuminate you anyway.

While the light can hinder you, the accompanying thunder can be of use. If there is something in your way that will make some noise when you tread on, over, or through it, if you time things correctly the thunder can mask the sound. It's a fun mechanic.

The visuals in general are pretty great. Everything has a spooky, ethereal vibe. And the music that accompanies the opening levels is fantastic.

As for the gameplay, it's pretty much what you'd expect. One interesting thing about it is that unlike other games where pacifist runs are possible, like Deus Ex and Dishonored, Thief makes it feel like more than just an option. Garret talks a lot about his code, and the game does a good job of making you feel as though you shouldn't kill anyone.

Trying to pick up all of the loot along the way is a lot of fun too, and rewarding, as you donate your stolen goods to a certain someone for ability upgrades. The game has quite a memorable cast of characters also.