Can you call me Nyteblade YesConsiderably's Avatar

I'm actually enjoying using the Kinect.

I can't believe i feel this way, but i am really happy with the way the Kinect works with the One.

I'm yet to have to repeat myself; it just picks up voice commands perfectly. And it's not just gimmicky - in addition to feeling futuristic-y, using my voice to navigate screens is much quicker than using a control pad.

Using the Kinect to scan in DLC codes is equally impressive. When i read about this functionality i assumed this would require holding the DLC card at the perfect angle, perfectly still, directly in front of the camera. Not so. You can just quickly flash it and the xbox will pick it up. It really is amazing to witness.

Finally, there is at least one game which has managed to incorporate voice commands into the gameplay in a worthwhile way. In Dead Rising 3 you can get the attention of zombies by just saying 'hey' or 'over here'.

That wouldn't be very impressive on its own, but during the Psycho fights you can do something really cool.

There is this woman named Darlene, who appears to have been a sort of trophy wife who felt compelled to keep herself thin. After the world went to hell she decided that she was sick of diets and celery and that she was hungry, so camped out in an all you can eat buffet, and got fat. She kills a starving guy for trying to take some of 'her food'.

Anyway, during the fight, if you say 'i'm hungry', she'll stop attacking you and start eating the food so you can't have it. That gives you an opening to attack. Similar deal with a Zen master with anger issues. If you say 'calm down' he'll stop for a second and try to find his centre, before deciding you're taking the mickey, and going after you again.

Obviously it doesn't work all the time (but always the first), so you can't just spam it, but it's a cool little touch and adds a really interesting dynamic to the boss fights. Some bosses just taunt you back, which is amusing.

If a third of the released games can find as cool a way to incorporate the technology, the Kinect will be worth the additional expense in my opinion.

I still unplug the bugger if i'm not playing a game in which i'm anticipating actually using it, though.

Hard, pipe-hitting nigga Lootosh's Avatar
    Eh, you're gradually convincing me to get an Xbox One, Val.
    As cool as it sounds, I can see it being a bit of a problem. If these voice commands are the only way to use certain features, it may well be... a bit of a disturbance when playing later on. Without using Kinect, are some features unusable?
    I wish I loved the human race
    I wish I loved its silly face,
    I wish I liked the way it walks; I wish I liked the way it talks,
    And when I'm introduced one, I wish I thought 'What jolly fun!'

I am afraid so. Without a Kinect you can't use voice commands.

You shouldn't need to shout in order for the commands to register though. I suppose it depends upon how close you are to sleeping people, but i'd think you could speak softly enough to not disturb them and still make use of the Kinect features.

It really is an entirely different machine to the original Kinect. Superior in every way, including its microphone.

i want that kinect also..hope I have one

I have been playing Dead Rising 3 and I agree the voice commands are really fun! (Not so fun when people think you are shouting at yourself and think youre going a bit loony)

Havent used the pyshical side of the Kinnect yet apart from jolting my controller when i get grabbed by Zombies.

what a pitty that there is not a lot of games that have good compatibility with kinect, mostly tennis games

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________
    offre galaxy note 3 samsung galaxy s5
    Last edited by senaji; 24-09-2014 at 06:15 PM.

D4 is legitimately better with Kinect.

Ha i used to get a lot of grief for actually liking kinect on the 360. Got to say its imporved a lot on the 1. Havent used it much but it seems more responsive.