Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    Company puts games on demand for sale = Evil
    Valve does steam = Gods.

The only thing wrong about the marketplace games is the cost of them.

We're on the path to all digital distribution. Might as well accept the fact and get on with it. It's still some time off, but it'll happen. As for Microsoft... they screwed the pooch with a great number of their loyalists, but they're biting back and transitioning to another company that's to the best of our knowledge been fairly transparent with their policies, and their intentions for the future of their console. At the moment the PS4 has a **** library, but within the next year that's going to change dramatically.

GF Member
    I really think in order for their digital on demand games to really compete with the stores, they need simply lower the prices instead of selling them at full cost. Why would I buy the game digitally, when I can go to a store and save $20 on the game, and have a physical copy and not have to wait a day for the game to actually download. Not to mention psychical copies usually have some DLC code bonus, as well as optional collectors editions which can be preordered through retailers like EB Games/Gamestop.

Quote Originally Posted by Semiprochimp View Post
    as well as optional collectors editions which can be preordered through retailers like EB Games
    You still have EB Games in Australia? Here, every EB Games store has been turned into Gamestop.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide View Post
    Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
    Tied for Funniest Member of 2013

GF Member
    Yeah we still have EB Games here in Aus, it's all part of the Gamestop corporation though.

I only buy games from them if there is a cool collectors edition that I want to preorder, they are the biggest rip-off criminals. I went to trade in Thief on PS4, as I didn't really like it much and figured I'd get $50 back and get Ground Zeroes. They retail Thief at $99.95 AUD and they offered me a measly $32. They would have resold that game back for $90.

Banned
    Steam/X-box live/Virtua-console etc allows a person to grab the money and give no reason for return? Is their a return policy on these downloads? If I go into a store, even with some used items, they will have a return policy. Like buy a game, keep in it's plastic/case, glare it for a while, and then return it. Long Before the X-box, Microsoft had a download pay system already, it is just that nobody was barely using them at all. To make matters worst, a high selling point for computers was videogames, where most "Adult Rated" games was restricted to computers. Now what this download system does is take away buying power from the consumer, as well as production and selling power from the manufacture, and store enthusiast. Meaning they are cutting the fat.

While I would love the cut the fat, myself, I also agree store hands can be verbal abusive to the customer, especially if you do not look lawfully of physically, threatening. While people using the download pay system can purchase games through prepaid points ( here that evil word ) "pre-paid" ( as in wash cards, parking meters, phone cards, gift cards ), they are also in "ACESS DENIED" formation, because stores had their own decision making process of selling video-games. Meaning the over all content is being limited. Remember those days when you would get money, and run to deposit it, into a funcoland, Game-crazy, dragons den, near you. Those days are over. Nowadays we are now over, because a person receiving that money, might just spend it on something else, or even deposit it into the bank.

Speaking of "Batman" beyond, it was a funny thing, where they all use pre-paid-faceless-credit-cards like money ( creds ). So now you are not even getting real cash anymore, you getting money that has already been spent, while the sad owner of the card has a piece of plastic. For Christmas a parent might just give some sad kid, a number, and they are going to use it to DP an NES game on thier Wii-U, or even a Steam game for their Steam collection.

In the end all most people have is a bunch of data, with no packaging, piece of technology, or anything that was given to them. I mean why not invent virtual orange juice, like they did in "Tron" and "Dino-City", or "Willy Wonker". Oh look a Candy bar it is on tv, for pick up, anytime.

EB games is now owned by Gamestop. Have you been into their stores, some of the items they are selling are access numbers no different then an international phone card.

Hard, pipe-hitting nigga Lootosh's Avatar
    All that really amounted to was 'you like to actually hold stuff' and not much else. There may also have been some crap that sounded like the beginnings of a conspiracy theory, but I can't be bothered to put in the time to understand most of what you said.

As for virtual chocolate: I sure hope they come up with that. I'm sick of having to get off my fat arse for chocolate. What's the point in eating calorie high foods if I've got to burn calories to get them?
    I wish I loved the human race
    I wish I loved its silly face,
    I wish I liked the way it walks; I wish I liked the way it talks,
    And when I'm introduced one, I wish I thought 'What jolly fun!'