Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Microsoft, you f**ked up

I've been on Microsoft's side throughout the entire announcement and release of the Xbox One. I supported them through the always online stuff, and also when they scrapped that idea. I preordered one as soon as it was available, and waited patiently for November. Then they announced that 8 European countries, including Norway, wouldn't get their hands on it until "Early 2014", which I was also okay with, since I wasn't gonna be able to afford it any sooner anyways. It also meant I were gonna get 2 free games with it.

We're now past what I'd call early 2014, and yesterday I read an article confirming the release in Belgium for September 2014, and there is no way it's coming out in Norway before that. Thanks a lot Microsoft. I supported you when few others did, and you repay me by giving me my console an entire year late?

I am extremely close to cancelling my preorder and buying a PS4 instead. The money I had saved up for the One has already gone towards a Wii U, so I hope you're happy with that, Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide View Post
    Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
    Tied for Funniest Member of 2013

GF Member
    Hey Anders, very sorry to hear that. I didn't know Belgium had to wait that long just to have the XB1 available, I thought it was bad enough we in Australia had to wait until February for new shipments of the PS4.

I too supported Microsoft for a long time, after my PS3 YROD I switched over to the newer slim model Xbox 360's and racked up a Gamerscore of over 30,000. I am so glad I chose to get a PS4 over the XB1 however, in terms of power and performance the PS4 craps all over it. Also not to mention PS+ is much cheaper opposed to XBL and offer more in terms of free games. If I were you I would boycott waiting to get the console and go with the PS4 if they are available in Belgium, you will not regret it.

Press X To Rescue Orphans Ride the Walrus's Avatar
    Owning a PS4 I'm quite happy with it, as far as consoles close to release go, anyway. The machine is very powerful, really nice interface and layout and I'm a bit surprised in the difference of graphic quality between this and the prior gen to be honest. MS lost my business with their whole 'always online' fiasco and the initial price of it.

MS always **** over Europe to be honest, they know their biggest market will be in America.
    Died Wearing A Purple Jacket.

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Honey, I ****ed the kids

Press X To Rescue Orphans Ride the Walrus's Avatar
    Owning a PS4 I'm quite happy with it, as far as consoles close to release go, anyway. The machine is very powerful, really nice interface and layout and I'm a bit surprised in the difference of graphic quality between this and the prior gen to be honest. MS lost my business with their whole 'always online' fiasco and the initial price of it.

MS always **** over Europe to be honest, they know their biggest market will be in America.
    Died Wearing A Purple Jacket.

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Honey, I ****ed the kids

I too made the switch from MS to PS4 this generation. Was a wise choice imo.

I really like the PS4 so far, only negative is the lack of games, but that's on both consoles. In a years time I expect the PS4 to have a much better catalogue of games than the XB1.

Also hoping the quality of PS+ free games continues to improve as the console ages, which I'm sure it will if last gen is anything to go by.

GF Member
    I'm hoping they release a better game in April for PS+ subscribers, I played about 10 minutes of Dead Nation and deleted it off my PS4.

I found Dead Nation quite fun. A decent arcade shooter, reminded me of a modern Smash TV.

Didn't like Don't Starve at all though.

Can you call me Nyteblade YesConsiderably's Avatar
    I have both a PS4 and an Xbox One, and i have to say that i much prefer the One at this point in time. Its new features far outshine the new things Sony incorporated - which when you consider the most interesting of these things is a literal light bar on the control pad, is quite impressive.

But you can only buy what is available. Were i in your position Microsoft would lose my custom too.

I know a lot of people like their features, little cool trinkets that add to the gaming experience, and that is all well and good, there is no predefined way anything should be, and the features will actually serve genuine purpose to the right person. However, I have never really cared, for no other reason than because I have never had much interest in using most of them. Honestly, while everything else might be cool, when it comes down to it, all I want is a a controller in my hand and a game that is worth playing. And so, without having touched either console, I can say that my preference is toward the PS4, if for no other reason than I prefer the exclusives. Microsoft has Halo, ... I don't like Halo, and they have Gears of War, which I enjoy, but not enough of a basis for my decision. It isn't about which has the better games, it's about which has the games that I, as an individual, like more.

I enjoy Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, God of War, Infamous, and so on, and I have found as well that Sony has been more consistent with standalone titles that I enjoy. They have had Beyond: Two Souls, The Last of Us, and Heavy Rain, and have occasionally done exclusives that have sequels in cross-platform. (Demon's Souls - Dark Souls - Dark Souls 2)

OOF-Writing.com
    "Insert a super-cool and witty comment that will make them want to click your link here." - Sir Nikolai McCon's III.

Can you call me Nyteblade YesConsiderably's Avatar
    Yes - for those of us who are not luddites and completely set in our ways, little touches that enhance (not replace) the core controller-in-hand experience are nice.