Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What games should I get for ps4

I just bought a ps4 and I don't know what game to get

GF Member
    It really depends on what you like, I just got Infamous: Second Son and loved it, that is definitely a must have PS4 exclusive.

If you are more into competitive multiplayer games I would recommend Battlefield 4, solid FPS team based game.

If you want a good adventure/action I would suggest Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

If you are looking for a stealth game then I would suggest Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes, while it's quite a short game it really shows off the new Fox Engine and is a great demo for the upcoming Phantom Pain.

There isn't much to choose from at the moment, but I'd recommend something that's going to do two things. A) Give you more bang for your buck, and B) Stretch out for a short time until more games release. Assassins Creed IV Black Flag has a solid 20-30 hour core campaign which doesn't include side-missions, minigames, etc. Stretch that out by another 10 or so hours (depending on your playstyle) for the aforementioned. Then there's multiplayer which isn't quite for everyone but does offer something unique and different which stands as a stark contrast to the over saturated FPS genre. This can of course span a limitless amount of time as it varies from one person to the next.

inFAMOUS: Second Son... (Since I don't have a PS4 I've not gotten the chance to play it) if it's predecessors speak for the quality of Second Son than it's a must-have and will give you plenty to do to span out over a couple of weeks even (depending on how often you play).

Battlefield 4 is a great game, but the multiplayer is still suffering a little and EA has been scrambling to fix some issues for a few months now. The campaign is good, but ends abruptly, and underwhelmingly so. Good game if you're a FPS guy.

Tomb Raider is a new take on a seasoned franchise and in a surprisingly good way. Short campaign and lackluster multiplayer keep it alive for a solid 20 and then it's a paperweight.

Killzone: Shadowfall. I did manage to play the demo for a short time and it was okay, but unlike it's predecessors nothing really stuck out other than the obvious visual fidelity. It's worth a rental if you aren't sure what to get. Bare in mind I did not get to play the full game.

I think I'll get Killzone
    Can't wait for watch dogs

KillZone is very bland.

I'd recommend InFamous. BF4 if you plan on taking your gaming online, or Tomb Raider if you did not play the last-gen version.

Also, Metal Gear and Rayman can be picked up on the cheap.

Infamous is the best game so far. If you like football games then theres always FIFA. Battlefield 4 is good (online anyway) the single player is a bit lackluster. I played Tomb Raider last gen and thought it was great but not sure if the next gen would be worth the higher price.

Press X To Rescue Orphans Ride the Walrus's Avatar
    As everyone's said there's not much so far, but Infamous second son is great, and I hear battlefield 4 on ps4 has a lot of problems online. PS plus is always a good investment, basically 12 free games.
    Died Wearing A Purple Jacket.

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Honey, I ****ed the kids

BF4 did have a lot of problems online at the start and I do play it less than what I did so that might factor in a bit but I'm sure theres less problems now but that might just be due to the fact I don't play it enough to see the problems.

GF Member
    Yeah BF4 did have some issues like horrible lag spikes, and sometimes I'd jump into a game and not be able to see any HUD information like weapon information in the bottom right and no crosshairs.

Don't expect anything great with the free PS+ titles on the PS4 right now, so far all I've seen mediocre indie titles. I'm sure April will be no different.

Banned
    I would wait around until the PS4 have some regular looking games, instead of "over the top wanna-be Independent-looking games". Something fun and happy. Wii-U is staying strong, with all the good stuff we knew from children. 720 is doing it's Online thing as the original X-box did. Nothing new really from the 720. People just talking back and forth to each other on the line, and playing around with GTA. Which is the only real reason, to get that game system, is to play an up to date GTA game with a bunch of kids, and childish adults. SEGA have PSO2 for free, but add-ons cost money like "Maple Story".

"inFAMOUS: Second Son" meh looks like your shooting things from your hands, down a street. I don't like the colors, but it must be story bound, rather then real action. Charcaters look too bland for me. I really wouldn't get it, if it was my first game.

Killzone: Shadowfall, looks kinda basic. Basic, run and gun FPS.....however I said the same for System Shock, soo....... Kinda be depressed to play a FPS as a first game.

Tomb Raider is a remake, so their is no real point to it, The game is not made by game people anymore and is supported by people against videogames. "Great game" but is not Tomb Raider. Just have the title TR, on it. I do not want to buy a remake of a game, for the same console. TR..........unless I own every other TR game it seems kinda pointless.