Sony Project Morpheus virtual reality headset

What do you guys think of the news about sonys VR set? It will be coming at 300$-350$ if i'm not mistaken. I might get one, after hearing the news that Facebook bought Oculus Rift for 2 billion dollards.

GF Member
    I really don't know how I feel about the whole VR headsets. If the Morpheus is actually REALLY good then I might consider getting it to go with my PS4 but it's not like it will be needed.

Banned
    Personally, I'm not too interested by VR gear. Considering 3D has yet to be fully perfected, I don't anticipate things like Morpheus or Oculus Rift are going to live up to the expectations most people have of them. At the moment, they're going to just be a gimmicky piece of tech for people who have more money than sense, just like Google Glass is.

In short, good concept, but whether it's put into practice well remains to be seen.

I totally agree with you. Only time will tell if it is any good

GF Member
    I predict that the Oculus Rift will beat out Project Morpheus in the whole virtual-reality war. A few days ago I would have said that it could be either of the projects, but now that Facebook has just purchased the company for a staggering 2 billion dollars and have their support they may come up with the better product in the end with the backing of their resources.

It could be a good thing or a bad thing, the fact that Facebook has purchased Oculus Rift. I allready heard that Facebook changed the way the VR will look like by inserting they're logo instead of the orriginal Oculus

The developer of Minecraft was doing a version for the Oculus Rift and canceled when he heard the news about Facebook. Its not a good sign for the project at all
    Last edited by downzone; 28-03-2014 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Please use the edit function, instead of double-posting

GF Member
    As long as they don't put in any ads or a like button haha!

In all serious though, Notch is a child, he withdrew his support just mere hours of the announcement that Facebook had bought the company, without even knowing what kind of changes they wanted to make and how it would affect Oculus.

I really hope that Facebook use this as an opportunity to move in new directions. Could be a great opportunity!

Personally I'm now more excited for the Morpheus than the Oculus, just because I don't have a gaming PC that will support the Oculus, but I am planning on buying a PS4. I'm really excited to see how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide View Post
    Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
    Tied for Funniest Member of 2013

Banned
    I could assume it is going to be a AV ( internationally the word means AV, remember that ), connector, but it had HDMI, as well, and features 3d enhancements. Remember those pocket radio's you could put in your ears, like an hearing aid? My teacher would tell me, "those things can cause deafening, well these glasses might cause blindness. Japan is also a number one source on product testing, because they also have a nuclear reactor, and many people already wear glasses. The way I see it, is that they are forcing consumerism, on to people.

GF Member
    Considering the headset will feature a 1080p display with 1000Hz tracking rate, a 90-degree field of view and a full 360-degree rotation, I really don't think it will have an AV connector lol. The PS4 doesn't even support AV anymore, it's all HDMI now.

One other thing, I really don't think you can compare product testing of the Morpheus to Japan's nuclear power, that makes no sense whatsoever.
    Last edited by Semiprochimp; 28-03-2014 at 03:13 PM.