Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I... was wrong.

I... was wrong.

There you have it folks I was wrong about the Xbox One. I had an opportunity over the past weekend to bring one home and test it out for myself. I had been able to do so with the PS4 some time ago, but the problem was that I was limited at the time to demo's which there are virtually none (on either console actually). So I decided this time that I would either rent or buy a game on the Xbone and see what it has to offer.

I opted to "purchase" a game by trading in some games I no longer play at my local GS and use the credit towards the a used game (so I could return the game once I returned the Xbone). I chose Dead Rising 3. Got it home and began the install. While it was installing I browsed around the Microsoft Store and took a look at Titanfall, and for whatever reason where the "Purchase" selection simply said "Install". Thinking this was the new way to download demo's I clicked it and let it do it's thing.

Meanwhile Dead Rising completed installation and I jumped into the fray. I wasn't impressed that much with DR3, as I felt it wasn't a system seller, but a fun game nonetheless (what I got to play keep in mind). After some time Titanfall had installed and I decided to see what the fuss was about. Got thru the new recruit training and played a campaign mission and was hooked... I spent more time playing it than DR3. So I decided to take DR3 back and just hold on to my credit to help towards the purchase of an XB1...

That being said Titanfall did help sway my opinion, but there was one game that I didn't get to play sadly but got to watch on Twitch that sealed the deal for me. When I decided to watch the stream I expected nothing and came away in complete "awe". I watched with a gaping maw, and could not stop drooling at the sheer realism, and the visceral gameplay. I want it, and I want it now! Ryse! Yes, that's right, Ryse. This game is a launch title and to me truly epitomizes "next-gen" visual fidelity.

Having not even played the game I knew this was the game I had been wanting, and it's got me thinking I need an Xbone. I think it will become my starter console into the new generation while I wait and watch as SONY builds up it's reputable library of exclusives. It's got me thinking though that if Microsoft played their cards right then they could really make an impression this generation and scoop up as many properties as possible and make them "breath"...

In the eternal land of seclusion... the void.
    Yeah Ryse was pretty breathtaking, I had a go on it at an event before the console launch and it was the most impressive title on display.

I'm pretty much the other way around. I was 100% on Microsoft's side since the announcement of the One, but I'm finally fed up with their BS. They delayed it here in Norway until "early 2014", and rumors are now that it's coming out in September. They still sell them in quite a few online and even retain stores here though, imported from Germany. Me, who preordered directly from Microsoft back in July, am sh*t out of luck, so thanks a lot Microsoft. I've already given the money I had saved up to Nintendo, and I intend to give any of my future money to Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide View Post
    Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
    Tied for Funniest Member of 2013

I can understand your frustration, but at least you have a legitimate reason to be upset. I'm not sure how it is in Norway, but do you guys typically get games on "release day" of worldwide releases? If so then at least you'll be getting your system post-e3, and will have a good amount of games to play. At the moment there's really not much to justify a purchase aside Ryse, and Titanfall. I mean there's Watchdogs next month, but I don't know much else that's worth getting excited about until after E3.

We typically get games on release yes, although there aren't any good stores around where I live, so if they don't have them on release, it's their own fault. The PS4 came out here in early December, so I think Microsoft made a huge mistake by delaying for so long. I know one guy who has an imported XB1, but pretty much everyone else I've talked to has no interest in the Xbox, they're all getting PS4s.

I'll still probably get an XB1 at some point though, as I really wanna play Titanfall, and I'm super excited for Quantum Break, but I'm definitively getting a PS4 first.
    Last edited by Anders; 04-04-2014 at 09:15 AM.

Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!

Banned
    Why don't you just import an 720? from another country?

Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    Why don't you just import an 720? from another country?
    First of all, 720? What year are you living in?

Secondly, I easily could, but I can't be asked. If Microsoft doesn't want my money, I'll be damned if they get it.

Puh-lease, everybody knew it was going to be 1080, not this 720 nonsense.

SUCK IT NOOB

I'm just saying that after hands on time with both consoles I definitely prefer the X1. I'll have all three consoles eventually but I'm leaning towards the X1 as my starter console. Although Mario Kart 8, and Smash Bros. have me leaning towards Wii U for starters, but the lack of support from third party devs has steered me clear so far. Titanfall is a great game, but a console seller it is not. It's an evolved FPS game, but when you get down to the core of the game it's essentially MAG x CoD x Mechs. Titanfall is a badass game, but a system seller would be a stretch unless you're just a FPS enthusiast.

GF Member
    I wouldn't base my decision of buying an Xbox One just to get Titanfall, I'm not much of an online FPS player anyway. I had the chance to have a good crack at Dead Rising 3 on a friends console and I really did enjoy it, the amount of zombies that the game could throw at you was pretty nuts. If I had more gaming time and a spare $600 to splurge I'd definitely buy the console just to play it more.