Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Press X To Rescue Orphans Ride the Walrus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
    So far, the story I know about the 720, is that nobody has anything to do, asides play FPS and avoid saying "Logout Xbox" with their voice. Their is like maybe 1-3 really good original solid games out right now, and the same could be said about the PS4. Also their are tons of games for the PS3, and 360, that many people are still looking forward.

That is the same way, I felt about the N64, and the same way people felt about the PS3. The way I see it, I am buying an 720, just to play with features that was not in 360, games. That is about it, nothing else. Then of course their are games, that get "slight bit better" graphics, and what not's but in the end I could get rid of all of that, and just buy everything for PC.

Other then PS4. Because the PS4 is so barren right now, and their is nothing to be happy or creative over. Even the SEGA is looking auwsome with Bayonetta 2, Adventure games,
    I keep mentioning PSO2, because it is virtually and free, and you only pay for points, to buy upgrades. 885 of the game is translated, and it is just so happy. I mean where is all of this happy action, on the PS4, and 720? Instead we got a bunch grim looking games, with people running around cities, and everybody is like "Oh well, I am sure something will pop up.

You have so many options, to play almost anything you want. Not just the stuff you see advertised, outside. You want to play GTA online? You can play Vice_City with or wirthout all of the other games combined into one big super game. Or you could play the current GTA that supports online play. You can play pokemon on your Wii U, or pokemon on an emulator via a network client. Their is an option, on the table, and nobody is mention the options.

Why feel bent out of shape over something your not sure of, and just wait awhile, or purchase something else, or use another option.

We are not moving forward, big business is moving forward. They are sucking us dry, because nobody is saying anything, or doing anything on a large scale. Everybody suffers. If people were like me, we would be playing with a game system that everybody could agree with, without questions. You have to ask the hard questions that nobody asks, and dwell on them, until you get what you want. Not just walk up to the store, and get robbed blind, and go home with something your going to trade in, a couple of years later.

In fact you should buy a game system to see how fast somebody would be willing to buy it from you.
    you do realise Vice City which you love so much, held the monopoly over gaming about 10 years ago, much like your beloved PS4 and Xbox one
    Died Wearing A Purple Jacket.

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Honey, I ****ed the kids

It all comes down to personal preference. Each console is going to have their exclusives, but as you said in another thread you intend to have both consoles either way so if the PS4 is available to you in Norway. The problem here at the moment is that there's fewer exclusives on the PS4 than the X1, but if you're willing to wait it out than go for it. Second Son along with Killzone is about all you're going to get with the PS4 until later in the year. Aside all of those PSN and Indie games which I don't count because they're meager distractions and usually aren't worth the money spent.

GF Member
    Sure there may not be many exclusives right now but there are more to come, you also forgot to mention that Knack is a current PS4 exclusive as well. Also some of those 'meager distractions' as you so put it are actually pretty good. Being a PS4 owner and having also played the XB1, I am happy with my decision to go with Sony, it's the better console in terms of gaming power and new features. All the XB1 really has going for it is Kinect and a few exclusives.

Can you call me Nyteblade YesConsiderably's Avatar
    The only new feature that the PS4 has of note is the light bar, which is thankfully inserted into a slightly more ergonomic version of the control pad. Its gameplay footage sharing capabilities are matched, and in all truth surpassed by the Twitch app, on the Xbox One.

A couple of games have used the Kinect in fairly smart ways that actually have me excited for the future of the device.

The only thing that the Playstation 4 really has going for it is PS Plus - which is steadily becoming less value for money by the way - and Infamous Second Son. And that it is presently available in Norway.

Press X To Rescue Orphans Ride the Walrus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YesConsiderably View Post
    The only new feature that the PS4 has of note is the light bar, which is thankfully inserted into a slightly more ergonomic version of the control pad. Its gameplay footage sharing capabilities are matched, and in all truth surpassed by the Twitch app, on the Xbox One.

A couple of games have used the Kinect in fairly smart ways that actually have me excited for the future of the device.

The only thing that the Playstation 4 really has going for it is PS Plus - which is steadily becoming less value for money by the way - and Infamous Second Son. And that it is presently available in Norway.
    And that has better ram and GPU.
    http://www.videogamer.com/news/physi..._gilray_2.html
    Died Wearing A Purple Jacket.

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Honey, I ****ed the kids

That really is all PS4 proponents have to crow about, but if you're that concerned about computational power a PC is always going to be better. Your claim isn't inaccurate, but kind of silly, as in the grand scheme of things the Playstation's ram isn't all that impressive.

Technically it has an edge over the Xbox One, but as far as creative new features are concerned, it most definitely does not.

Quote Originally Posted by YesConsiderably View Post
    Your claim isn't inaccurate, but kind of silly, as in the grand scheme of things the Playstation's ram isn't all that impressive.
    For a console, yes it is and to claim otherwise is either ignorance or fan boy'ism. The difference in memory and pipeline architecture is one of main reasons why the PS4 can effortlessly render at a native 1080p while the Xbox One struggles like hell to muster anything over 720p with considerable development effort.
    As the developers for both systems get more out of the machines the further into the life cycle we go, the ram limitations of the Xbox One will become far more telling.
    [CENTER]

GF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    For a console, yes it is and to claim otherwise is either ignorance or fan boy'ism. The difference in memory and pipeline architecture is one of main reasons why the PS4 can effortlessly render at a native 1080p while the Xbox One struggles like hell to muster anything over 720p with considerable development effort.
    As the developers for both systems get more out of the machines the further into the life cycle we go, the ram limitations of the Xbox One will become far more telling.
    This is pretty much the main reason I chose the PS4 over the XB1. The GDDR5 RAM is pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    For a console? Sure, okay, but you can make anything sound impressive by narrowing down the field. Frankly, there is no good reason to think in terms of consoles and not in terms of game-playing devices.

What you sound like is a guy arguing that the beef in his Big Mac is more succulent than some other guy's Whopper, while standing outside a five-star steak restaurant. Fanboyism and ignorance, indeed.

Despite your attempt to insult me with a 'cutting' witticism the fact remains that regardless of 'narrowing the field' a block of GDDR5 ram in ANY electronic device would be impressive as it's currently the fastest ram commercially available.

I have no real negative opinions on either new console and i do plan to own both when money permits, which is difficult when hard earned money that's been put aside for 'man toys' gets spent on buying rabbits for the kids....................

If Sheldon Cooper can't decide then there's no hope.

Last edited by Cronus; 07-04-2014 at 08:59 PM.
    [CENTER]