Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Press X To Rescue Orphans Ride the Walrus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YesConsiderably View Post
    Considerably is overstating it. The difference in performance and graphical fidelity between the two isn't that big. Unlike the gulf between both consoles and any half decent gaming computer.

That is why i don't think the PS4's technological edge over the One is such a big deal. If you want raw processing power, get a PC. It's cheaper (much so in the long run), more customisable and just as easy to set up on a television.

It's not a straight fight between the Xbox One and the Playstation 4. There are other options, and every single pro you can come up with for the PS4 is something that a PC can do much, much better. That isn't the case with the One.

Go on?
    Died Wearing A Purple Jacket.

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Honey, I ****ed the kids

GF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YesConsiderably View Post
    The more poignant remaining fact is that neither console is particularly impressive when it comes to technical specifications, compared with even mid-level gaming PCs. You may recall that a lot of people expected more from the current-gen consoles.

Cost isn't the factor that some people believe it to be when building a gaming rig, and you probably save more money in the long run due to the lower software prices. There is no reason that you can't hook a PC up to a massive tv in front of a sofa and play with a joypad. A lot of the things that console gamers see as deficiencies and drawbacks with PC gaming are just not reflections of reality.

Bearing that in mind, i believe it is silly to harp on about the so-called power of the PS4. Hence my extremely accurate analogy.
    Why are you even bringing PC's into this discussion? It's an obvious fact a good rig will be better than a console in terms of gaming power. I'm pretty sure he would just build himself a PC if he wanted one but that's not what he's asking is it? He wants to know what to get in terms of a PS4 vs XB1, he obviously wants something to play in his living room/bedroom on a T.V without having to go through the trouble of hooking up a PC to the TV, that doesn't sound fun at all.

Can you call me Nyteblade YesConsiderably's Avatar
    You literally just have to buy a cable. It is no more difficult to set up a PC to display on a television than it is a console, and your repeated insinuations that it's some ridiculously complicated process makes you look like an idiot.

As does your inability to read and comprehend my posts. I've already explained why i brought the PC into this.

GF Member
    Wow, butthurt much? Dude I was simply stating the fact that this topic isn't about choosing a PC over an XB1 or PS4. I know how a PC works so don't call me an idiot, you ****ing tosser, I don't give a crap who you are here.
    Last edited by Semiprochimp; 08-04-2014 at 07:48 AM.

I think there is the presumption that with a PC, it will be used for a lot more than gaming. Which may sound like a good thing, but I think people just like the convenience of gaming console, and what would technically be a level playing field for every other gamer on that console.

I'd like a gaming PC, mainly due to how cheap the games are. However even if I did purchase one, I could see myself spending more hours on a console still.

There, I just called Microsoft and canceled. Damn, they make it hard. I only got through the third time I called, and I had to state my email address, log in to it and read aloud 2 different codes that he sent, then wait about 5 minutes while they processed it. The Swedish dude I spoke to was quite friendly though.

The whole thing was pretty embarrassing, because my Xbox account is linked to a fake email address I made when I was like 16, and it's registered to John Zoidberg.

So there it is. Thread over.
    Last edited by Anders; 08-04-2014 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide View Post
    Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
    Tied for Funniest Member of 2013

Can you call me Nyteblade YesConsiderably's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Semiprochimp View Post
    Wow, butthurt much? Dude I was simply stating the fact that this topic isn't about choosing a PC over an XB1 or PS4. I know how a PC works so don't call me an idiot, you ****ing tosser, I don't give a crap who you are here.
    If you truly knew how a computer worked, you wouldn't have intimated that hooking one up to a television is some sort of chore. It's precisely as taxing as hooking a games console up to one.

Likewise, if your reading comprehension were a little better, you wouldn't need to ask me why i'm bringing a PC into this. I've been quite clear: they are technologically superior, needn't cost a fortune, are very easy to use in a more comfortable environment than a desk. All the reasons you can conjure up to justify excluding gaming computers from the conversation are not based in reality.

Anyone who buys a PS4 because it is technologically superior to an Xbox One is just not very informed as a consumer.

And i would suggest that the one of use who is upset is more likely to be the one of us who has resorted to childish profanity. Not the one of us who correctly identified someone who demonstrated an inability to read as an idiot.

GF Member
    Lol maybe if your comprehension were a little better you'd realize this discussion was regarding PS4 vs Xbox One and didn't need your PC elitist BS involved. I meant no disrespect to you before, yet you wanted to call me an idiot and say that I have the inability to read. Mate you can try and sound like a little smartarse all you like, it just makes you look like more of a nerdy virgin bitchboy than you probably already are. I bet if you and I came face to face you would turn around and run with your tail between your legs because I would drop you like the sack of **** you are. Douchebag.
    Last edited by Semiprochimp; 09-04-2014 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Semiprochimp View Post
    Lol maybe if your comprehension were a little better you'd realize this discussion was regarding PS4 vs Xbox One and didn't need your PC elitist BS involved
    Val is far away from being any sort of a PC elitist. Last I checked he was fairly supportive of Microsoft consoles, although he might be an owner of at least a PS3 too, but I can't remember. If you checked the thread on the first page it was me who brought up the PC thing in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Semiprochimp
    I meant no disrespect to you before, yet you wanted to call me an idiot and say that I have the inability to read. Mate you can try and sound like a little smartarse all you like, it just makes you look like more of a nerdy virgin bitchboy than you probably already are. I bet if you and I came face to face you would turn around and run with your tail between your legs because I would drop you like the sack of **** you are. Douchebag.
    Heh. I can understand you're fairly new to the forum and all but it doesn't take long to know that Val is very opinionated (and also quite fond of James Bond and Transformers), and will argue/discuss his opinions for as long as you or anyone else keeps firing back. It also doesn't help your side of things if you resort to internet tough guy strategies like calling people "nerds" and "virgins", then threatening them with violence. It just makes you look as stupid as you're trying not to be. You're better taking comments you don't like on the nose and ignoring them to carry on with the topic rather than going on and on acting like a 12 year old trying to look big because someone proved you wrong (it really isn't all that hard to get a PC experience in your living room, Steam even has an option for it). I'm not going to say anything more and will direct attention towards the topi-

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    There, I just called Microsoft and canceled. Damn, they make it hard. I only got through the third time I called, and I had to state my email address, log in to it and read aloud 2 different codes that he sent, then wait about 5 minutes while they processed it. The Swedish dude I spoke to was quite friendly though.

The whole thing was pretty embarrassing, because my Xbox account is linked to a fake email address I made when I was like 16, and it's registered to John Zoidberg.

So there it is. Thread over.
    Oh...

GF Member
    Dude, I was simply saying that this topic shouldn't be about how much better a PC can be compared to the consoles, obviously they are way more powerful and you can use it in your living room connected to your TV if that's what you wanna do. I was simply stating MY opinion about it and he resorted to calling me illiterate and basically a moron. I wasn't trying to do the whole internet bully thing and I apologize, but one thing you should know about me, I don't take crap from anyone and never have in my life. I don't give two f*cks about what he, you or anyone else thinks of me. End of discussion.

Anders: That sounded like quite a mess just to cancel something, hopefully it won't be such a pain to get your hands on a PS4 console instead.
    Last edited by Semiprochimp; 09-04-2014 at 09:47 AM.