Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Can you call me Nyteblade YesConsiderably's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Semiprochimp View Post
    Lol maybe if your comprehension were a little better you'd realize this discussion was regarding PS4 vs Xbox One and didn't need your PC elitist BS involved. I meant no disrespect to you before, yet you wanted to call me an idiot and say that I have the inability to read. Mate you can try and sound like a little smartarse all you like, it just makes you look like more of a nerdy virgin bitchboy than you probably already are. I bet if you and I came face to face you would turn around and run with your tail between your legs because I would drop you like the sack of **** you are. Douchebag.
    I actually don't own a PC of any variety, aside from the one in my office at work. I browse the net from a tablet and game entirely on a console. I'm not a 'PC master race' sort of fellow at all; just a fan of sound logic.

If i cared about raw power, i'd play on a PC, because there really is no good reason not to. To hype up the technological capabilities of the PS4 in spite of this fact is ridiculous.

Also, and not to sound like a smartase, but reading comprehension is the ability to discern meaning from the relationship between words that are actually written and how they trigger knowledge outside of them. As Anders started the thread with

"I've pretty much decided to get a PS4 instead, but I'd appreciate some good arguments to do so."

understanding the purpose of this thread requires precisely no capacity for reading comprehension. Perhaps you should just stick with threats of physical violence in the future, because you're not very clever.

GF Member
    Okay settle down big boy, I already apologized let's just forget this happened. I was pretty hammered when I made those posts anyway lol.
    Last edited by Semiprochimp; 10-04-2014 at 02:46 AM.

GF Member
    Do yourself a favor. Don't get the PS4. I have one and it's a major hassle. After I set it up, I tried to watch a DVD. Unfortunately, I received a message saying that if I wanted to watch a movie, I had to upgrade to version 1.50 and had to go on-line to do it. My dad however, in his supposed wisdom, didn't get wireless internet like I told him to. Instead he got the boring internet connection. Because of that I couldn't upgrade at the time. After I got the game Thief, my system updated to version 1.52. When I tried putting in a DVD the next time, I received another message saying that to enable the ability to watch a movie, I had to have disc playback enabled and the only way to do it was to get it uploaded online. Stick to the system you wanted to buy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gameplays View Post
    Do yourself a favor. Don't get the PS4. I have one and it's a major hassle. After I set it up, I tried to watch a DVD. Unfortunately, I received a message saying that if I wanted to watch a movie, I had to upgrade to version 1.50 and had to go on-line to do it. My dad however, in his supposed wisdom, didn't get wireless internet like I told him to. Instead he got the boring internet connection. Because of that I couldn't upgrade at the time. After I got the game Thief, my system updated to version 1.52. When I tried putting in a DVD the next time, I received another message saying that to enable the ability to watch a movie, I had to have disc playback enabled and the only way to do it was to get it uploaded online. Stick to the system you wanted to buy.
    It's well-documented that the PS4 and Xbox One rely on the internet. It was your own error for not looking into this before buying it, not the console developer's fault.

In fact, one of the PR guys for the Xbox One actually stated something along the lines of "If you don't have a good connection, don't buy an Xbox One" because the console (and its Sony counterpart) are designed to have less crap in them. The majority of things you need to download if you want to use them, whereas the 360 and PS3 are sold with a lot of what I consider to be shovelware. Things that I'll just never use, but can't delete from the system to free up memory for things I DO want to use.

Banned
    It's well-documented that the PS4 and Xbox One rely on the internet. It was your own error for not looking into this before buying it, not the console developer's fault.

In fact, one of the PR guys for the Xbox One actually stated something along the lines of "If you don't have a good connection, don't buy an Xbox One" because the console (and its Sony counterpart) are designed to have less crap in them. The majority of things you need to download if you want to use them, whereas the 360 and PS3 are sold with a lot of what I consider to be shovelware. Things that I'll just never use, but can't delete from the system to free up memory for things I DO want to use.

Is the fact that's it's a slight hassle to play DVDs is your only reason why people shouldn't get the PS4? I tried playing a DVD on my Wii U a few weeks after getting it, and realized that it doesn't even play DVDs at all. My reaction was "Huh, that's weird. Oh well." I own a blu-ray player, I can't remember the last time I played a DVD on any of my consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide View Post
    Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
    Tied for Funniest Member of 2013

well i bought an xbox one, kinect version.. a short time ago... Had it for just 11 days before i got fed up with it and sold it on ebay..
    i have now got ps4.. and its beast
    Xbox 360 Slim 250gb, Technica 32" LED 1080p TV. Logitech Z506 5.1 surround sound, Tritton Detonator's, Playstation 2 Fat, Playstation 1 Net Yaroze, Nintendo DS Lite, Sony PSP 2003, Nintendo Gamecube
    [GT: SAx anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerdude1989 View Post
    well i bought an xbox one, kinect version.. a short time ago... Had it for just 11 days before i got fed up with it and sold it on ebay..
    i have now got ps4.. and its beast
    Really? What was your main problem with it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide View Post
    Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
    Tied for Funniest Member of 2013

Owning a PS4 got a whole lot more interesting....
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post

Owning a PS4 got a whole lot more interesting....
    That's a very cool idea. It's pretty much cloud gaming though (or peer to peer gaming I guess), wonder how well it'll work in practice? It's funny too how little over a year ago one company had a grand vision for locking down all forms of game sharing........and now the industry is going the exact opposite way and encouraging sharing even more!
    TRGT - Tosser Racing Gran Turismo